"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they did Cheeseman. Contrary to popular belief, i do in fact have a job (believe it or not i even have a degree too).

I was trying, unsuccessfully, to convey humour at my realistion of how much time i had spent on big footy recently...hence my question about how i could possibly make some money from the amount of time im spending on here... :)

Perhaps the question is better off in the bar and grill where attempts at humour arent frowned upon.

p.s i hate air supply :eek:

Since when have people in Rosebery had jobs? Don't you all just dig holes looking for shiny rocks? :p

Also I also have noticed a rather disturbing link to BigFooty and how difficult it is to maintain the illusion of productivity at work :D.

Disclaimer: Aimed at the Tasmanian Rosebery district only

Since when have people in Rosebery had jobs? Don't you all just dig holes looking for shiny rocks? :p

Also I also have noticed a rather disturbing link to BigFooty and how difficult it is to maintain the illusion of productivity at work :D.

Disclaimer: Aimed at the Tasmanian Rosebery district only

In the Rosebery where i live- digging holes for shiny rocks is a weekend activity usually undertaken at the end of the evening...:thumbsu:

I think productivity is all relevant to how you define it: am i considered productive because i do the job im paid for well? Or am i productive because i get a lot of stuff done? Stuff being a lot of posts on big footy... :D

Re: Singing the team song is actually helping !

Then you leave the fantasy world and see 1-5 everytime you close your eyes.....

Taken from the Footy record....a letter from your typical Hawks fan

Went to West Coast v Freo game yesterday, bought the record and first letter in "backchat"

titled "Reading from the wrong book"...

deserves its jumper on here!

word for word....it says...

"We, being Bob and Len and Phil and Ryl, a foursome of old farts in Launceston who have seen almost every Hawks match at Aurora stadium, reckon we've sussed out the Hawthorn PLaybook under the current coaching junta:
(i) Handpassing: always choose a stationery teammate or one surrounded by opponents, an if in doubt, select the later;
(ii) Kicking: always choose sideways or backwards, and if in doubt, select the later;
(iii) if in doubt between (i) and (ii), select (i);
(iv) On rare forays forward, choose between ignoring one of the game's best key forward pairs, or kicking to them when they're surrounded by opponents, and if this is too hard to work out, revert to (i);
(v) if (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are all too hard to work out, just stick to (i)"

If already on the forum, my bad.....

gotta admit, it would be funny if it wasn't true

Re: Taken from the Footy record....a letter from your typical Hawks fan

so true. Well done len bob phil & ryl.

Hey guys, just an FYI. I lost a bet with a Scum fan on the Bay regarding the debacle just past. Hence I have a very unpalatable sig and avatar. I apologise in advance, hope it doesn't irk you too much when I post. :eek:

Hey guys, just an FYI. I lost a bet with a Scum fan on the Bay regarding the debacle just past. Hence I have a very unpalatable sig and avatar. I apologise in advance, hope it doesn't irk you too much when I post. :eek:

No excuse. You will be punished to the full extent of the law.

You poor fella.....

i sound like malthouse but...nelson mandela quotes

i know i sound like malthouse and his infamous 'war' quotes but these nelson mandela quotes would be very applicable to the hawks at the minute...

Does anybody really think that they didn't get what they had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeff Kennett Perth Breakfast

I went to the Jeff Kennett Perth Beyond Blue breakfast yesterday before yesterday's enticing game, and good old Jeff gave a speech that was very well recieved.

Without touching on to many of the points, mainly he dicussed the expansion into New Zealand, the work they're doing with indigenous players around Australia, very slightly on the coaching, and other minor stuff such as GWS and Gold Coast.

One thing that shocked me though was this. Someone put the question to Jeff about coaching and a "legacy", using Leigh Matthew's Brisbane team that had 3 consecutive flags. Jeff said that the two he most looked up to in terms of coaching were indeed lethal and Bomber Thompson, where upon he said the reason he didn't feel that Hawthorn could acheive such a legacy was that in his opinion, he feels that we peaked in 2008. In his words, he said that due to issues like the amount injuries and retirements in 2009, the playing group had lost a large part of morale, and also due to an majorly interrupted season to a vasts majority of players, felt that perhaps their skills had passed them by and that it was possibly time to start rebuilding. I was quite shocked at this, mainly to the point of thinking we have one of the youngest lists in the game.

Excuse the length of my first post, thought it was an interesting revelation

Question

So guys, there seems to be two views on the board:

View 1 is that injuries are the major factor in our performances to date.
That with a full list, we would be a force.

View 2 is that while injuries have played their part, our performances are sub-par and regardless of who was in the side, we wouldnt be much better off.

Which theory do you subscribe to?

Being that I am a follower of stats and KPI's, I tend to think the group is just not clicking and a full squad wouldnt necessarily fix this.

Re: Question

I think both are critical . We've lost players and confidence. We haven't been able to replace the players who gave us the edge in bulk and physical strength such as Campbell,Croad and Dew. Too many lightweights trying to execute a physically demanding game plan. You only have to look at Geelong and St.Kilda to understand the advantage of physical strength.

posted this is another thread:

West Coast 2006 premiers (then lose Judd cousins etc) 2008 15th
Hawthorn 2008 premiers (then lose crawf, croad, campbell etc) 14th 2010 currently.

dont underestimate the loss of key personal and dont over estimate the strength of our current list.

Hawthorn 2008 premiers (then lose crawf, croad, campbell etc) 14th 2010 currently.

dont underestimate the loss of key personal and dont over estimate the strength of our current list.

with all due respect croad and an ageing crawf do not exactly equal judd and a cousins who was at the peak of his powers at the time.....

Weagles played in 2 consecutive grand finals though, hawks fall of after 1 grand final.
There are no excuses as to why we have won 10 games in the last 29 and all those wins againts seller dwellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back