"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have tickets in the second tier of the Ponsford stand for Round 1. Will it get much of the afternoon sun or is it pretty sheltered? Also, what's the weather like at the G this time of year?

Should get sun early,

and can be deceptively cold.

Sewells injury

hey hawkers.

Just wondering about Sewell's injury....I know its down as an indefinate return but just wondering if anyone knows roughly when he should be back training etc?

Quality player and very under rated by many opposition supporters IMO - I rate him very highly though.

Hes in a few of my fantasy footy games (Not DT and SC but others that are ongoing) so want to know roughly how long till he expected back as if its a while ill promote a rookie for him.

Cheers and good luck for the season :)

Re: Sewells injury

He has been training. But don't expect him until about round 5. Knowing Sewell though, tough flippin' bugger, he might sneak back earlier but I doubt it.

Re: Sewells injury

hey hawkers.

Just wondering about Sewell's injury....I know its down as an indefinate return but just wondering if anyone knows roughly when he should be back training etc?

Quality player and very under rated by many opposition supporters IMO - I rate him very highly though.

As do all Hawks supporters. Articles describing him as "Hawthorn hard nut" will hopefully get some recognition for him.
I think that's the case for a lot of players from different clubs. Underrated by the masses yet adored and revered within, achieving (localised) cult status.

Hawthorn/AFL podcasts

Does anyone listen to any podcasts for Hawthorn or AFL?.

I can only see one called hawks cast which only has a pilot episode. I enjoy listening to my podcasts on the way to the work and would love to add footy to my NHL and premierleague podcasts.

Re: Hawthorn/AFL podcasts

Does anyone listen to any podcasts for Hawthorn or AFL?.

I can only see one called hawks cast which only has a pilot episode. I enjoy listening to my podcasts on the way to the work and would love to add footy to my NHL and premierleague podcasts.

Sportal have Mondayitis which is pretty good.
The first AFL podcast was Footytalk.com.au and it is still going strong.
Dream Team Talk put out their show as a podcast as well.
Monty and I do a Dream Team/SuperCoach show (with guests this year) called the coaches box.
And I do a show for myself that I just talk crap about AFL issues. It can be found at http://aflspace.com

As for Hawks podcasts. I believe there is a fair chance that the club will have one return this year and there is Hawks Retroactive but its on facebook at the moment rather then downloadable.

HTH. there are probably a few that I might have missed
Molly

I'm assuming that this post will be completely ignored due to the fact that this thread has stretched way beyond the average posters attention span, but I will stick to the rules and post here anyway.

Wasn't the deadline for nominated Rookies supposed to be yesterday??

When will we find out who has been elevated??

I'm assuming that this post will be completely ignored due to the fact that this thread has stretched way beyond the average posters attention span, but I will stick to the rules and post here anyway.

Wasn't the deadline for nominated Rookies supposed to be yesterday??

When will we find out who has been elevated??

Ah, not rules, but a consideration.

I believe that the rookies have to nominated by tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Wow, I thought that would be cutting it a bit fine...but oh well, I'll continue to check religiously and hope for the news tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the reply.

PS. Looks like tomorrow is quickly becoming on of the best days of the year so far.

Nomintaed rookies

Tomorrow? Wow, I thought that would be cutting it a bit fine...but oh well, I'll continue to check religiously and hope for the news tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the reply.

PS. Looks like tomorrow is quickly becoming on of the best days of the year so far.

Expect two upgrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hawthorn skipper Sam Mitchell talks to BPL about two of the freaks from Waverley Park

quick summary- which team mate would you want to take a shot from 40 meters out Buddy

who is the fastest over a 100 meters Junior

who would you hate to get in the ring with Buddy

who is the Biggest Golf Course Bandit Bateman

If playing who wants to be a Millionaire who would ya Phone a friend be Kennett

I knew Josh Giobson was good, but...

Here's the Hawthorn team as posted today on the club's official website. Gibson must be very handy.

B: Birchall, Gibson, Murphy
HB: Guerra, Gibson, Ladson
C: Lewis, Mitchell, Ellis
HF:
Osborne, Schoenmakers, Hooper
F:
Morton, Roughead, Brown
FOLL:
Renouf, Hodge, Moss
INT: Kayler-Thomson, Peterson, Shiels, Suckling

Re: I knew Josh Giobson was good, but...

Here's the Hawthorn team as posted today on the club's official website. Gibson must be very handy.

B: Birchall, Gibson, Murphy
HB: Guerra, Gibson, Ladson
C: Lewis, Mitchell, Ellis
HF:
Osborne, Schoenmakers, Hooper
F:
Morton, Roughead, Brown
FOLL:
Renouf, Hodge, Moss
INT: Kayler-Thomson, Peterson, Shiels, Suckling

Prefer that Giobson bloke myself ;)

Here's a question:

If your the opposition Coach and have to face a full strength Hawks, which player/s do you tag? :D

Hodge
Mitchell
Sewell
Burgoyne
Lewis
Rioli
Bateman

Not easy, but assuming your team had 1 or 2 proper taggers, who would you put them on?

I can hardly decide, either way you have to leave a few guns loose or put your own good midfielders on them.

I'd tag Mitch and Sewell but god that was a hard to not pick Hodge or Burger.

Here's a question:

If your the opposition Coach and have to face a full strength Hawks, which player/s do you tag? :D

Hodge
Mitchell
Sewell
Burgoyne
Lewis
Rioli
Bateman

Not easy, but assuming your team had 1 or 2 proper taggers, who would you put them on?

I can hardly decide, either way you have to leave a few guns loose or put your own good midfielders on them.

I'd tag Mitch and Sewell but god that was a hard to not pick Hodge or Burger.

I'd tag Mitchell & Burgoyne. Think those two are the most vulnerable to heavy tags. Hodge, Bateman & Lewis all are the sorts of players you'd play off.

Quick question, does anyone know who Kayler-Thomson and Peterson were elevated for and who for who just as importantly?

Anyone know if or where the players who weren't selected for the Hawks are playing this weekend? Does Box Hill have a praccy match and is anyone going and able to do a report?

Does anyone know if the MCG have wireless internet connection. I thought I read somewhere that they did but cant find any reference to it. I was going to take my ipod touch if there is.
Cheers.

ps. just got an email from SEN giving a rundown of tomorrows match and 1 of the key match ups is Bateman on Davey. As much as I like SEN they sure do lack credibility sometimes.

Does anyone know if the MCG have wireless internet connection. I thought I read somewhere that they did but cant find any reference to it. I was going to take my ipod touch if there is.
Cheers.

ps. just got an email from SEN giving a rundown of tomorrows match and 1 of the key match ups is Bateman on Davey. As much as I like SEN they sure do lack credibility sometimes.

It did last year, and it was free. Courtesy of iinet, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back