Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The sudden Keane hate here is bullshit.

Is there hate? His form has dropped off a bit. Not surprising, it’s a long season. But with Murray back and Butts in good nick, he can’t afford many bad patches before coming under selection scrutiny. Especially when Tex/TT/berg returning and Borlase is kicked out of the forward line. He’s not been much, if any, better than him lately.

How else is he getting match fitness? Can’t keep him in cotton wool forever. I get that there are things to be frustrated with the club right now, but this is a weird one.
Huh?

I said play him straight in the AFL.

Keiran Briggs is rubbing his hands together already...

Grundy vs Strachan last week 48 -16 HO's
Grundy vs Briggs this week 31 - 28 HO's
I’m assuming the only reason you keep posting hitouts is because that’s the only thing Rob is good at.
By all means drop Strachan but ROB does not deserve a game currently.
No one has yet to post a quality hit out from Rob yet

I'd like to see all our youth played in the middle for just one game. Curtin, Taylor, Edwards, Dowling, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Mchenry, Berry, Soligo, Rachele, Jones, Cook, Sholl -- only these players can play in the middle.

Seasons over. Now's the time for some fun experiments. Laird and Dawson to HBF. Murphy can only play back pocket to see if there is anything there before delisting him. We drafted jones as a first round pick midfielder, give him one more try in that role before consigning him to a relative bust in the backline. Etc. 100 point loss or 20 point loss makes no difference to our failure of a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see a midfield rotation of

Rankine, Sog, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Dawson, Dowling, Michalanney.

And play Rachele wing/forward as the stoppage mid Murphy plays.

Laird HB.

I guess that means Murphy out Pedlar in.

Keane out for Curtin.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair go. He had a nightmare last match, but his season has been good.

I’m assuming the only reason you keep posting hitouts is because that’s the only thing Rob is good at.
By all means drop Strachan but ROB does not deserve a game currently.
No one has yet to post a quality hit out from Rob yet
I posted ROB's HTA% compared to the other main rucks only a few days ago, he's certainly not the best but he's a long way from the worst, obviously you missed that or your just not interested in the facts in black and white.

If ROB diesn't deserve a game currently as sure as hell neither does Strachan and in case you hadn't noticed the cupboard is bare with other options because of the club's mismanagement re developing a young ruckmen through the draft when there's been quite a few available in recent years that went later in the draft.

I posted ROB's HTA% compared to the other main rucks only a few days ago, he's certainly not the best but he's a long way from the worst, obviously you missed that or your just not interested in the facts in black and white.

If ROB diesn't deserve a game currently as sure as hell neither does Strachan and in case you hadn't noticed the cupboard is bare with other options because of the club's mismanagement re developing a young ruckmen through the draft when there's been quite a few available in recent years that went later in the draft.

Who’s to blame though? List management or talent ID? Both? Or individuals common to both? Why do you think we don’t have a developing ruck on our list?

That’s why I’m happy to drop Strachan and go with someone mobile.
We can’t have someone who is purely in the side for taps and then becomes irrelevant for the rest of the game.
Yes I read that post and responded and asked for some examples of robs ruck craft.
Still waiting…..

That’s why I’m happy to drop Strachan and go with someone mobile.
We can’t have someone who is purely in the side for taps and then becomes irrelevant for the rest of the game.
Yes I read that post and responded and asked for some examples of robs ruck craft.
Still waiting…..
What ****ing examples. the facts are there in black and white, if you think I'm going to pore over hours of video to satisfy your needs you're very much mistaken...that's even if I knew how to do it.

Is there hate? His form has dropped off a bit. Not surprising, it’s a long season. But with Murray back and Butts in good nick, he can’t afford many bad patches before coming under selection scrutiny. Especially when Tex/TT/berg returning and Borlase is kicked out of the forward line. He’s not been much, if any, better than him lately.
Hopefully during the bye the coaches would have looked hard at the Keane-Butts-Murray combination and have them training in a way that will work with the three of them together in defence (Yeah, I know, our coaches... dreamin')

Keane worked really well with both Worrell and Max (and Borlaise holding down the last line of defence) as they seemed to know between each other when to intercept, when to defend, who was doing what. Worrell being injured and Max moved to the midfield seems to have changed all of that.

I described what happened in the Sydney game as a total meltdown, but that's as much about the defensive structure as it was Keane. Something has to change. Maybe Max should move back to defence. Maybe Butts should be the anchor at back so Keane doesn't get as badly exposed. Maybe one of them has to be moved out.

Coaches are paid to recognise and adjust for this sort of thing. Ours sure didn't during that Sydney game.

Who’s to blame though? List management or talent ID? Both? Or individuals common to both? Why do you think we don’t have a developing ruck on our list?
It's pretty clear list management hasn't put a very high priority on ruckmen or developing ruckmen, the last genuine chance it was put forward by our recruiters it was overruled by the then coach Don Pyke Tim English was that player.

What ****ing examples. the facts are there in black and white, if you think I'm going to pore over hours of video to satisfy your needs you're very much mistaken...that's even if I knew how to do it.
What do you mean what examples?
I stated it, just for someone to show me some examples of Rob having ruckcraft. I didn’t specify you.
As I said he just bashes in and sometimes we get to it first, he doesn’t palm it down to us.

Back