Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day Crows fans

Just watched the replay of the last game. Both sides probably feel they should have won!

Re Rankine, was he tagged in the second half last week and by whom? Not sure we have anyone to go with him in the midfield as Berry is our tagger but not that agile. Seems absolutely crucial to your side from what i have seen.

I was a bit surprised to see no TT in your side but he has been out for a long time i guess. Himmelberg i don't rate that highly but tbf played quite well last time against us.

McInerney is in pretty good form for us but ROB seems better since being dropped. From a lions point of view i am hopeful of getting on top in midfield as we have been (mostly) better in there since the bye, Dunkley and Neale back in form - do you suspect Keays gets the Neale job again? Soligo seems much improved. Dawson a gun. You seem to be one high quality mid short for now while Rankine is not in there at least.

Your key defenders are not big names but playing pretty well so i think you are reasonably well placed to dampen Daniher and Hipwood. Charlie is in incredibly bad form and massively down on confidence. Lohman arguably more of a threat.

Overall i think both backlines would feel okay about playing on the respective forward lines so it's a cliche but all about the midfield i reckon. Draw last game, we fell in by a goal last time at the gabba, so this feels a lot closer than most think

The longer Nicks stays the more likely it is that we'll need another rebuild before we're good again
The fact that they are saying things like they'll pick the younger player shows they are aware of what everyone thinks they should do, they just don't want to actually do it.
“If it’s 50/50, we’ll pick the younger player”. :rolleyes: yeah, right.

It's as if Nicks is chanting: "Young player good, old player ba-a-a-a-a-a-aad".
But his selections say: "Young player good, old player be-e-e-etter".

Orwell did't know it but when he was writing about duplicity, doublespeak and self-contradiction, he was writing about Nicks.

So according to Nicks a young player needs to match an older player’s impact on a game before they will be selected!

How does that philosophy ever allow a player to debut? All players in the draft this year will hope we don’t pick them because the barriers to entry to our AFL side are too great . We are so delusional about where we are at it’s not funny. Our strategy is completely incongruent
Sounds more like a coach in the Premiership window than one with a young list struggling to make the Eight.

Don Pyke??

Having said that Hardwick/Clarko/McRae/Chris Scott probably had more first game players in their Premiership years than Nicks has this year

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

G'day Crows fans
Hi, Chris ... thanks for the heads up:
Re Rankine, was he tagged in the second half last week and by whom?
Not saying unless you Deposit large sums of Cash in an account; PM me and I'll send details** (see below).
Disclaimer: Subject to change/injury without notice :winkv1:.
Not sure we have anyone to go with him in the midfield ...
Smart. You don't.
McInerney is in pretty good form for us but ROB seems better since being dropped.
Well-observed. ROB (back in form) will monster McInerney.
From a lions point of view i am hopeful of getting on top in midfield as we have been (mostly) better in there since the bye, Dunkley and Neale back in form - do you suspect Keays gets the Neale job again?
Again, I ain't saying unless ** (see above).
Soligo seems much improved. Dawson a gun.
Take your ANTI-stating-the-obvious medication, soonest.
Your key defenders are not big names but playing pretty well so i think you are reasonably well placed to dampen Daniher and Hipwood.
Refer my last comment.
Charlie is in incredibly bad form and massively down on confidence.
That's wonderful, great! :hearteyes::thumbsu:

“If it’s 50/50, we’ll pick the younger player”.

Oscar Ryan, who has easily been a top 3 player in terms of consistency in our SANFL side this year, has still never even been named as an emergency.

Meanwhile, complete hacks like Smith, Murphy and Jones are racking up useless AFL games for fun.

Yeah but in those situations it's actually been 51/49 in favour of the old bloke.

Did I read somewhere in the thread where somebody posted that the AFL aren’t taking the increase in next years salary cap Into consideration when they hand out the compensation??!!

WTF 🤬!!!!!the entire basis of the compensation will be based around what they’re paid next year when the salary cap increases massively, that is just an absolute disgrace.

The first round should be absolutely protected from compensation picks for losing free agents or scrapped all together, there’s already far too many compromises with FS & NGA as it is

Did I read somewhere in the thread where somebody posted that the AFL aren’t taking the increase in next years salary cap Into consideration when they hand out the compensation??!!

WTF 🤬!!!!!the entire basis of the compensation will be based around what they’re paid next year when the salary cap increases massively, that is just an absolute disgrace.

The first round should be absolutely protected from compensation picks for losing free agents or scrapped all together, there’s already far too many compromises with FS & NGA as it is
At the very least no compo picks until the places that would hold the ladder position 18-9 have been taken.

We need to cut free agency compo so that clubs trade players before they are out of contract to extract full value or you lose out due to poor list management

It’s a simple fix.

Band one is pick 10, whether you finish 1st or 18th.
Band two, end of first round.
Band three, pick 28, whether you finish 1st or 18th.
Band four, end of second round

Why should Sydney be penalised for losing a free agent this season while NM are rewarded.

Why should Sydney be penalised for losing a free agent this season while NM are rewarded.

In theory it's equalisation. But the argument falls down when free agents overwhelmingly move to larger, more successful clubs.

It’s a simple fix.

Band one is pick 10, whether you finish 1st or 18th.
Band two, end of first round.
Band three, pick 28, whether you finish 1st or 18th.
Band four, end of second round

If instead of draft picks, you just had draft points where you could bid on each player depending how many points you have. Then if there is a compo for a free agent, it comes in the form of extra points. So in that way, all clubs could tally up points to bid on every player until they exhaust their draft points. Points could be allocated the same way draft picks are now in terms of the order

It might solve the unfairness of say St Kilda getting the pick before ours as a compo pick and taking the player we want. They would instead get a bunch of draft points and if they wanted the player they could bundle up or if we did we could bundle up to try and be the highest bidder etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“The crows could get pick 2 compo for Brad crouch”.

WHAAAAAT? PICK 2????? HES NOT WORTH PICK 2! IF THEY GET PICK 2, THEN THE COMPO IS BROKEN.

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Chayce Jones dropped :)

Back