Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You could take out private health cover, see an ophthalmologist now and book a cataract op in 12 months when your covered for pre- existing conditions
Or wait the 12 months for the public system and spend the money on food

Loving the personal insults, must have touched a nerve. Not bothering to go further because I don’t have to. It’s not just about goals, you’ve erroneously set that as the sole statistical value to support your flawed belief. The fact is that Puopolo got as much (more) ball than Milne, his job was first and foremost to be part of the attacking play and if that failed, to then defend hard. Just like everyone else you listed. Except the odd strategy where a forward has a set job on a defender, like Pedlar earlier this year.
Mate - no personal insults. It's not an insult to be long in the tooth.

But C'mon - "not going pn because I dont have to" - followed by a rant is the same as pretending you blocked someone. Its piss poor and something a boomer like you should hate.

Only idiots think there is a defensive role in the forward line. Hardwick and his 3 premierships - what an idiot. Castagna must have been in that forward line to dominate the scoreboard. Do you honestly think Hardwick picked him for almost 140 games to kick goals?

For me

Sounds good to me. I doubt Thilthorpe is ready to come back in though given that he only played limited game time. As soon as he is ready though, that is an obvious one.

Jones has been okay this season without being particularly good but he is still our best wingman at present. I actually think Murphy has been relatively good this season for the most part but he is still a fringe player and not much better than Cook or Dowling who I would prefer to see get a free pass.

I don't want to see Taylor as the sub again. He wasn't in the best 22 before this week and he didn't do anything on the weekend to change that so he goes back to the SANFL and Murphy as the sub.

At the risk of being the only person who thinks this, I actually thought that Taylor as sub set him up to suceed in debut, not fail.

By coming on late in the game he was always likely to have an impact, given he would have fresh legs and the sub often has an impact - think Berry in the Carlton game.

Having said that, he did what he was suppose to, and now should have a larger game.

I'm not convinced his GPS data would indicate he could do what Laird can late in a game, get the ball from the middle and slam it 40m when the lactic acid is pumping through the legs and the players are nearing exhaustion.

Personally I can't see a lot wrong with him being sub and getting more and more game time.

Berry and Soligo both played 65% game time only, he could certainly share that with them and get a "full game" - I'm not saying he's the sub guy (should be Jones I think), but I wouldn't be upset if he was.

At the risk of being the only person who thinks this, I actually thought that Taylor as sub set him up to suceed in debut, not fail.

Don't mind it either. Giving young guys a small taste can never be a negative IMO.

He is contracted for next year so giving him a taste of footy will allow him to understand the step and hopefully light a fire that he wants to play AFL footy in the future.

For me

Sounds good to me. I doubt Thilthorpe is ready to come back in though given that he only played limited game time. As soon as he is ready though, that is an obvious one.

Jones has been okay this season without being particularly good but he is still our best wingman at present. I actually think Murphy has been relatively good this season for the most part but he is still a fringe player and not much better than Cook or Dowling who I would prefer to see get a free pass.

I don't want to see Taylor as the sub again. He wasn't in the best 22 before this week and he didn't do anything on the weekend to change that so he goes back to the SANFL and Murphy as the sub.
You want Murphy as sub??? Big Pass for me...
Taylor had a nice impact with limited game time.

1. Nice intercept mark to stop GWS from scoring
2. Kick to Muppet Murphy for a chance on goal.
3. Professional free kick he gave away to stop GWS player on the counter.

For a first game that is pretty good!!

I can't believe you would choose the Muppet over Taylor.

The less I see Muppet and Ned Flanders in the side it will make the AFC world better.

Seriously how do you know that? I would be amazed if he is coaching us still with 9-10 wins in 2025
Just speculating based on the club backing him (and themselves) in hard, and basically blaming the players and injuries instead. They are very pleased with Nicks still, admitting otherwise means they are wrong.

Given the fact of his bewildering re-signing, the Club has no choice, OR the people who extended that contract with him would have to go as well. The Club painted themselves into a corner, by assuming Nicks would take us to Finals this year. 0-4 made a joke of that.
Nicks + better assistants + Balme is the only option left them, now. Not happy, Jen.

I doubt Buckley would be interested in us. He'd take one look at the Club Admin, their acceptance of mediocrity and the list, then decline.
Also, he's ex-PA, ex-Collingwood and strikes me as a my-way-or-the-highway Coach, which the AFC Admin. would not want or accept.
I personally think that’s EXACTLY what we need. (My way or the highway).

Yep, I've always had private (Mutual Community) when I lived in SA and let it lapse for about 12 months when we shifted to Queensland and lo and behold got diagnosed with a gallstone and needed surgery, I reckon I got put on the public call up list about 4 or 5 times only to have it cancelled several days out from the Hospital date (Ipswich), finally got it done and joined Bupa the next day. Been with them for over 20 years (Top Hospital Cover) now and getting pricier every year (currently $217 a month even with the Government rebate) but it's been money well spent ,i.e. 2 stents fitted after a heart attack, knee replacement, hip replacement, lumbar laminectomy etc. It's eyewatering the cost seeing the bills that Bupa payed on my behalf with minimal out of pocket costs. My optician told me at my last yearly check up I'm going to need a cararact op done at some point as well, it's also covered.
I had some serious spinal surgery a while back within a week of diagnosis, with the hospital bill several times more than the annual premium I’d been paying. Could have been paralysed within just a few months waiting in the public system.

Last edited:
Yep, I've always had private (Mutual Community) when I lived in SA and let it lapse for about 12 months when we shifted to Queensland and lo and behold got diagnosed with a gallstone and needed surgery, I reckon I got put on the public call up list about 4 or 5 times only to have it cancelled several days out from the Hospital date (Ipswich), finally got it done and joined Bupa the next day. Been with them for over 20 years (Top Hospital Cover) now and getting pricier every year (currently $217 a month even with the Government rebate) but it's been money well spent ,i.e. 2 stents fitted after a heart attack, knee replacement, hip replacement, lumbar laminectomy etc. It's eyewatering the cost seeing the bills that Bupa payed on my behalf with minimal out of pocket costs. My optician told me at my last yearly check up I'm going to need a cararact op done at some point as well, it's also covered.
I’m paying $299 a month with Bupa second tier and doesn’t cover replacements only repair? May need aPM discussion

Yep, I've always had private (Mutual Community) when I lived in SA and let it lapse for about 12 months when we shifted to Queensland and lo and behold got diagnosed with a gallstone and needed surgery, I reckon I got put on the public call up list about 4 or 5 times only to have it cancelled several days out from the Hospital date (Ipswich), finally got it done and joined Bupa the next day. Been with them for over 20 years (Top Hospital Cover) now and getting pricier every year (currently $217 a month even with the Government rebate) but it's been money well spent ,i.e. 2 stents fitted after a heart attack, knee replacement, hip replacement, lumbar laminectomy etc. It's eyewatering the cost seeing the bills that Bupa payed on my behalf with minimal out of pocket costs. My optician told me at my last yearly check up I'm going to need a cataract op done at some point as well, it's also covered.
Had the cataract op years ago. Well worth it. Minimal to no risk and quick. Threw away the coke bottle lens.

Is this you?

technology documentary GIF by Digg

By coming on late in the game he was always likely to have an impact, given he would have fresh legs and the sub often has an impact - think Berry in the Carlton game.

Having said that, he did what he was suppose to, and now should have a larger game.

I'm not convinced his GPS data would indicate he could do what Laird can late in a game, get the ball from the middle and slam it 40m when the lactic acid is pumping through the legs and the players are nearing exhaustion.

Personally I can't see a lot wrong with him being sub and getting more and more game time.

Berry and Soligo both played 65% game time only, he could certainly share that with them and get a "full game" - I'm not saying he's the sub guy (should be Jones I think), but I wouldn't be upset if he was.
Also, wasn’t he a late announcement? It wasn’t as if he was a big debutante that they had time to organise press for etc etc. it was off the back of a late injury, wasn’t it?

We thought we had top cover and were flabbergasted to find they’d dropped us a tier at some stage during the year, which meant hubby wasn’t covered for his cataract surgeries. $12,000 later… we upped the cover (paying a ridiculous amount per month) for our latter years, but we found out the hard way that the cover is worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got family and friends over, couldn’t have been that late
It wouldn’t have been the big deal they’d planned had it been a midweek announcement though. I wasn’t surprised to hear he was sub given the lateness of the announcement.

Best to get the cataract surgery sooner rather than later so that you can properly rate McHenry ;)

I always bring this up with mates as the greatest field kick of all time. I've probably seen a better one, but I can't remember any!
I was at the game when I could see stuff and I saw Eddie and thought 100% he is going to Eddie and cried when it went sideways until I saw CC on his own - then I cried some more

Back