Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there should be a few calls made for next week. Why wait till the end of the season.
At this point we won't play finals with this 22 anyway so why not give a few kids a go.
You will not see wholesale changes. Pyke and co are coaching for their careers now so they will not take any "risks". They will take the safe approach and stick with the players they know and trust. We will keep heading South but we will continue to play players clearly past their prime.

I had Brad and Smith comfortably in our best, they played great individual games, Smith in particular......

But we don't have midfielders who play a team game.
Was Smith even playing midfield? He was mostly up forward.

Brad besides the odd hack was good but he’s not clean. I’d trade Matt.

He never has been able to.

Watch the oppo, they don't tag us... They throw a quick mid onto Matt and exploit him.

No point tagging a Crouch brother since they can't kick. Sloane gets tagged because he's more dangerous overall and wins the hard ball. Brouch does that too but Matt hasn't been this season, tackling from him has dropped right off this year.

You will not see wholesale changes. Pyke and co are coaching for their careers now so they will not take any "risks". They will take the safe approach and stick with the players they know and trust. We will keep heading South but we will continue to play players clearly past their prime.
That means the board needs to step in surely.

Was Smith even playing midfield? He was mostly up forward.

Brad besides the odd hack was good but he’s not clean. I’d trade Matt.
I'd be leaning to trade him too, but Tex won't allow it.

Smith was in and around the midfield a fair bit, you don't have 31 and 3 in our forwardline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anyone else disgusted with Hartigan running forward for a handball receive in the 1st quarter instead of shepherding for Kelly, which resulted in a goal?
He's got some good points to his game but is absolutely clueless when he has to think quickly

Yet again all those numpties who came in to the changes thread "came for the melts, not disappointed " are feeling like fools yet again.

This is what happens with idiots in charge of selection.

They (at least Pyke) will get the arse next year. I suppose you all will say THEN "I didn't think he was much chop "

Fucling apricot guzzling numpties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back