R2 Brisbane v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

As Viper had suggested, many had tipped us for the spoon.

NAB - Wins against Saints, Dogs, Cats. All expected to be top 8?

Yes, I hear the reply.... but last years spooners beat you for the pseudo cup.

OK, but we are currently 2-0 and are playing with ticker, so how could one start any better?

Brisbane were pretty good but St Kilda were very ordinary.

Saints let the likes of Rischitelli (Tore them to shreds), Power and Black run the ball out of the Centre far too easily albeit with some good taps from Wood.

Gehrig's work ethic was pretty ordinary, Milne was not only ineffective on the scoreboard and with field kicking but Jed Adcock smashed him on the rebound and used the ball well. They really missed Ball's grunt and Riewoldts presence.

Goddard had a shocker, Clarke was Quiet as was Lenny hayes. While almost all of the Brisbane side contributed especially the young blokes (Stiller, Adcock and co)

Overall good win by Brisbane will be rapt with the kids and also that Brown is slowly regaining some match fitness, if he can play 18-22 games Brisbane can still make and shape the 8.

St Kilda will be disapointed but they are still 1/1 with Riewoldt and Ball to come into the side but i think they would have pencilled this one in for a win a couple of weeks ago, but dont go writing them off yet still will play a big part towards the end of the year.

St Kilda weren't good last week either, they just weren't as bad as Melbourne.

Worrying signs for the Saints imo.

Bingo. If the Lions made the finals, the season would be a success. Another good but not great season by the Saints would be a disappointment for them.

Bingo.

Is exactly what I was saying.

As Viper had suggested, many had tipped us for the spoon.

NAB - Wins against Saints, Dogs, Cats. All expected to be top 8?

Yes, I hear the reply.... but last years spooners beat you for the pseudo cup.

OK, but we are currently 2-0 and are playing with ticker, so how could one start any better?

I don't expect Geelong to be in the top 8!

Still jealous from last week Rick !!!

No mate just being honest. I'd much rather if we lost while playing some decent football, but the fact is Melbourne were just downright atrocious last week, that was wooden spoon form stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

R2 Brisbane v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back