Autopsy Waalitj Marawar (Eagles) v Narrm (Demons) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 4:20pm WST - (Optus Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He absolutely has. Every single player is playing with 70% more confidence and it shows.
  • Significantly reduced injury list
  • New S&C staff and new football department
  • Underperforming senior players finally being held accountable
  • Younger players like Ginbey, Bailey Williams, Brady Hough making significant steps forward in their development
  • Waterman finally showing what he’s capable of

Yes Reid has been a massive boost, but give some credit to everyone else who’s part of this.

Why are the eagles suddenly so competitive?

There was talk earlier in the year that they may not even win a game.

Quite the turnaround from after the Dogs game.

Just like the Bombers did after last year both clubs have new fitness and high performance, strength and conditioning staff

Paul Turk (came across from Collingwood) and Mathew Inness (came across from Bulldogs) where they assessed the Eagles hadn’t turned up in their peak condition last year (like the Bombers) and the pre-season and year to date they've turned the heat on the players and reaping the rewards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Reid is a bull, a jet, an unstoppable force, what team wouldn't want him in their side at all costs? Once again, congratulations to the North strategic management team for beating the Suns in the final round of 2023 to collect 4 valuable premiership points and gift wrapping Harley to the WCE. Brilliant stuff!!

yeah because I got called a troll for saying Windsor had poor foot skills... Well how were his 2 on the fulls tonight...

At the same time having Topkent and Alldatpower spitting constant dribble.

ridiculous
Oliver just continues to close his eyes and boot the ball. Again this evening.

But you want him to have your babies.

Nah go on, tell me Petracca's 2nd half stats. I'll wait. and that includes 2 junk touches in the last 20 seconds which I'll let you have. haha.

Oliver at 20% fitness still having a better game.
8 disposals and 1 score involvement for Petracca in the second half. It proved my point, when he is not firing then Melbourne have no chance.

Petracca still finished with more direct goal contributions (3 goals/assists to 1 for Oliver) and score involvements (7 to 4) than Oliver.

Oliver had a lot of scrappy, ineffectual disposals and had 4x as many turnovers as Petracca. West Coast feasted on Oliver's hack kicks. He is a scrubber. Reflective of Melbourne, they need much better ball users with hurt factor.

Good to see the Eagles back. I’ve always felt that when the Eagles are up and firing the AFL competition seems to be ticking along a bit better. Probably because they are the biggest non-Victorian team and they seem comparable to a big USA franchise (I mean that as a compliment). A healthy Eagles means a healthy AFL.

Why are the eagles suddenly so competitive?

There was talk earlier in the year that they may not even win a game.

Quite the turnaround from after the Dogs game.

Waterman, Yeo and Harley
Waterman has given us something to kick to and beat everyone one on one
Yeo hardness and us winning contested ball
Harley magic

Oliver just continues to close his eyes and boot the ball. Again this evening.

But you want him to have your babies.
Yep, there is no thought or skill put into his disposals. His only halfway decent ones are the little handball out the back, but this only works if you have a stack of elite ball users to dish off to, which Melbourne really don't.

The no forward line excuse is worn out. They have enough decent forwards to kick a score.

Their ball movement is s**t and the game plan sucks. The forward line issues are an excuse for Goodwin's inability to coach.
Disagree about their forwards. They have names who have had moments up forward in the past but largely they aren't reliable anymore or outside of Fritsch. Van Rooyen hasn't proven anything yet either.

They aren't dangerous enough anymore. It's obvious that when they get it forward they don't have he talent to cash in. They seem to scramble rather than do anything efficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Waalitj Marawar (Eagles) v Narrm (Demons) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 4:20pm WST - (Optus Stadium)

Back