Autopsy Waalitj Marawar (Eagles) v Narrm (Demons) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 4:20pm WST - (Optus Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are the eagles suddenly so competitive?

There was talk earlier in the year that they may not even win a game.

Quite the turnaround from after the Dogs game.
I honestly think its just not having a double digits injury list. There is selection integrity and pressure for spots. And a game plan we've wanted to do for the last 2 years is finally working out in games.

Harley Reid is a bull, a jet, an unstoppable force, what team wouldn't want him in their side at all costs? Once again, congratulations to the North strategic management team for beating the Suns in the final round of 2023 to collect 4 valuable premiership points and gift wrapping Harley to the WCE. Brilliant stuff!!
North still could of had him - they just had to give up 2+3 like the AFL wanted the too

Not scraping the bottom of the barrel for players and the game plan has been stripped right back to focus on winning contests and contested ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North thought a win was good for winning culture going into the pre season

Melbourne have nightmares about not having a forward line

I hope you are not including Petty in the functional forward line part

8 disposals and 1 score involvement for Petracca in the second half. It proved my point, when he is not firing then Melbourne have no chance.

Petracca still finished with more direct goal contributions (3 goals/assists to 1 for Oliver) and score involvements (7 to 4) than Oliver.

Oliver had a lot of scrappy, ineffectual disposals and had 4x as many turnovers as Petracca. West Coast feasted on Oliver's hack kicks. He is a scrubber. Reflective of Melbourne, they need much better ball users with hurt factor.
repeat after me 'Oliver had the most clearances on the ground at 20% fitness'.go repeat it :) You were more than happy to mention his clearance numbers at half time. :)

Surely any side that is forced to play ben brown is cooked. 3 disposals today, useless

repeat after me 'Oliver had the most clearances on the ground at 20% fitness'.go repeat it :) You were more than happy to mention his clearance numbers at half time. :)
Oliver had the most clearances on the ground and had zero impact. Done.

Repeat after me:

"Melbourne are pretenders, as Mr Meow revealed to me 5 weeks ago. If Petracca doesn't fire, they cannot win games of football (or even get close)."

Amazing what happens when you get AFL listed players on the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Waalitj Marawar (Eagles) v Narrm (Demons) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 4:20pm WST - (Optus Stadium)

Back