AFL Autopsy R20: Smashed by the Saints, and the season is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

mate if you pay attention to the selections at least, you'd know brad scott is a bit to blame.(not to mention his later years at North)
Agree, hard calls need to be made starting with Heppell.

The fact Heppell said he was shocked at being dropped showed everything that is wrong with the club for the last 20 years.

But the effort from pretty much all the senior players today as bad as any loss I remember and I have been watching from the 70s. At least back then we showed fight. Where was the hunger? If I see players sooking it up this week I will spew up!

Absolutely gutted the season is cooked (unless a miracle happens).

Brad Scott does not want to play finals. It's the only explanation i can fathom.. Why does the whole team look so confused on any defensive transition.
The biggest difference from the start of the year is Goldstein was playing out of his skin and we got some good clearances going forward. Draper and Wright has got to be the worst rucking combo in the afl.

To continue on our conversation from the game day thread, yes we know 20 plus years and so on but that is the past and has nothing to do with who is now here running the show. Judge Brad, Barham, Vozzo and Rosa on this off season and moving forward. They are not responsible for the last 24 years. I'll be dirty as you if he does not debut some kids and give some others like Bryan and A Davey another run. The season is officially shot now and even if he/we knew it a month ago, the fact the players put themselves in the top 4 for so long unfortunately meant some that need to be moved on had bought themselves more time.
I’m judging them for not getting rid of Dodo. There’s been plenty of opportunity for that

Have to win one of Sydney at MRVL or Brisbane at the Gabba but only if we win the next two.

Gotta reset, make some hard calls and go again while it is still in our hands.

Season is definitely not officially cooked as the title would suggest, even if it doesn't feel like it.

If we can't get up then we should aim to at least finish the season on a better note. If we can then I will consider it an improvement on last year.

Have to win one of Sydney at MRVL or Brisbane at the Gabba but only if we win the next two.

And even if we can't get up we should aim to at least finish the season on a better note. If we can then I will consider it an improvement on last year.

Hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahah you can't be serious.

Mate they're already booking festival tickets and hitting up their dealers for the off-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season is definitely not officially cooked as the title would suggest, even if it doesn't feel like it.

If we can't get up then we should aim to at least finish the season on a better note. If we can then I will consider it an improvement on last year.
unfortunately brad scott is demonstrably against making the hard calls, he should've done it this week, but instead, he brought in heppell.

we need to win, but i daresay we won't.

The season was cooked 2 weeks ago, There is zero improvement we are ****ed for another decade.

Doesn’t matter who’s on the list. If you keep changing your coach and strategies every two years you’ll never have success.

It takes time and you need to see it out.

Knights
Hird
Bomber
Hird
Worsfold
Worsfold / Rutten
Rutten
(Wild goose chase for Clarkson)
Scott

Essendon could blow the list up but they’d just change tack after a couple of years. They can’t stick to it.

The only one who got a decent amount of time of the above was Worsfold… and he was a dud.

• Find the right people
  • Give them the time

It’s the only way.
Keep Scott, change 10 to 12 blokes, get super aggressive. Even if it means we win 12 games over the next 2 seasons.

Well what can we really expect when 80% of the list is from an era that has been full of crap .
Sure some of the selections have been putrid but he is working with a Holden Sunbird and not a C class Mercedes .
Problem we will have is we have limited draft picks so any trades will have to involve future picks and there is only really B and C grade stuff in the FA pool .
We are in a big hole .

Sure some of the selections have been putrid but he is working with a Holden Sunbird and not a C class Mercedes .
Problem we will have is we have limited draft picks so any trades will have to involve future picks and there is only re
Wow Ant wonder how many will get this reference.

I hate to say it, but you were right silk

Watching the team capitulate the way they did was more disgusting than watching my new dog eat whatever random crap he finds on the ground.

Brad Scott does not want to play finals. It's the only explanation i can fathom.. Why does the whole team look so confused on any defensive transition.
The biggest difference from the start of the year is Goldstein was playing out of his skin and we got some good clearances going forward. Draper and Wright has got to be the worst rucking combo in the afl.
Why have they looked confused for the last 15 years ?
Draft dumb footballers with limited leadership and you get what we have .
Scott is just the latest in the line that can not make these pillicks understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy R20: Smashed by the Saints, and the season is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back