Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

And also what the hell is with this minimising the fact our best player was knocked out cold, and not only how that affected the game but also anything about concern for his general health?

Instead of this “oh Houston is such a good bloke let’s make sure we wrap our arms around him” or “he has no history of this” BS the commentators are spewing.

Concussions are a huge freaking deal and have ended careers or players never been the same again (Seedsman). Ruccuito especially should be ashamed for showing absolutely no care for rankine at all and more about how this is going to affect Houston’s feelings and port in the finals.
You elect to bump, you're gone.

I've not been banned. Is just from their board or bf generally?
A "day off" or an infraction that reached 5 - 10 - 15 point threshold (and therefore a suspension) results in complete ban from BF

The funniest 1's are the flogs who got a "day off" and a "suspension"

Generally, these flogs were given a "day off" and then thought it would be a good idea to argue with a mod about their "day off" in DM's and have copped an additional infraction

These are the 1's I laugh at the most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club's goal now is to get a feel-good trade of a peripheral player, hope for an easy fixture, sneak in to 8th (or that new "wildcard" rubbish), and pat themselves on the back for a job well done for the next five years.

"Make the wildcard and anything can happen..."
A wildcard round is exactly what this club doesn't need - another excuse to be mediocre and think you're in flag contention.

I cant possibly see how its not worse than Rankines 4 weeks. Rankine and the Lions player went at each other front on - eyes wide open
I respect your posting, but this is incorrect.
They might both have had their eyes wide open, but Rankine was looking at Starcevich who was looking over his shoulder at a stoppage, blindsided, when Rankine croonched him at least 8-10 metres off the ball.

Rankine was standing still but caught the head of the swans player who was unaware. Definitely agree with Ranks getting 4 weeks for that.
The player he moonched was Starcevich, Brisbane, 7th July.
Houston just lined Rankine up from 15 metres away and completely shirt fronted him. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone shirt fronted like that in the afl.

Should be a massive ban.
At least 4 weeks, might be as many as 6. Well, you'd reckon.

Yes, we do
I'm not ready to write off the core of players we have yet, but need some better players to replace the worst ones and get success. And no nix
I can see players like Fogarty, Rankine, Dawson, Michelanney, Soligo and Thilthorpe being premiership players one day.

Players like Murphy, Laird, Gollant, Berry and Rachele? No.

Rachele giving it to Port fans had no impact on their ability to beat us. They didn't suddenly come out firing after his jab and if anything started the game flat after he put them on blast in the media.

Wonder if you’d say the same thing if your teammate trash talked Michael Jordan and then he came out and scored 45 points?

Remember Chad Cornes and his “dream final?” Reckon that didn’t motivate the Crows players to grind Port into dust that night?

You clearly have little understanding of the unlikely places from which athletes and teams are capable of drawing their motivation.

1723975738720.gif

Agree this is not wetting the bet stuff either.

All the teams in the 8 are choking in games they should be winning. No team in 2024 has been a clear standout.

Port playing a non-Victorian team in a GF at the G would be a massive advantage for them.
That would be very on-brand for us and our luck. We get an MCG tenant coming off a long flag drought with the fairytale narrative, and Port get a non-Victorian GF opponent, making the MCG a true neutral ground.

Anyone who couldn't see this and tried to spin it as shirking is shit at knowing football. Commentators trying to drum up controversy aside.

He didn’t win the football. Spin it any way you like. He’s got form “not winning” the football.

And that’s being charitable.

Wonder if you’d say the same thing if your teammate trash talked Michael Jordan and then he came out and scored 45 points?

Remember Chad Cornes and his “dream final?” Reckon that didn’t motivate the Crows players to grind Port into dust that night?

You clearly have little understanding of the unlikely places from which athletes and teams are capable of drawing their motivation.

View attachment 2083983
Bad example, jordan just came out and shot 45 points anyway..most weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back