Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on the player trash talking. I mean if it was tony lockett telling chris langford he had chicken legs and butter fingers, i'd be totally fine with that as i know lockett could back up anything he said with action and strength and never shirk a contest. But this is where young rachele needs to walk the walk if he wants to talk the talk and he has not yet earned that reputation
Sorry to delve back in the past but recall as clear as day as a young buck at footy parkJW walking up to Ray Hayes before a ball was bounced and him say “ well Ray what are wr going to do today play football or fight I’m here to accommodate you” I headed for the hff quick smart

Sorry to delve back in the past but recall as clear as day as a young buck at footy parkJW walking up to Ray Hayes before a ball was bounced and him say “ well Ray what are wr going to do today play football or fight I’m here to accommodate you” I headed for the hff quick smart
You would get worried when Ray took his teeth out.

Giniver told a story about Rick Davies when added to the AFL hall of fame. A young fullback in his first season trotted up to davies at the start of the game standing at FF at unley and shoved him and told him he would not get a kick today, at 1/4 time davies had kicked 5 or 6 goals on him and said in passing that he must have got lucky. The full back was Roger Delaney.

Giniver told a story about Rick Davies when added to the AFL hall of fame. A young fullback in his first season trotted up to davies at the start of the game standing at FF at unley and shoved him and told him he would not get a kick today, at 1/4 time davies had kicked 5 or 6 goals on him and said in passing that he must have got lucky. The full back was Roger Delaney.
Generally Rick would want to chat and tell you how the crops were on the west coast😂

Watch Delaney in the clip I posted of the 91 elimination final against west and a young Modra …absolute Port flog

Good:
Fighting until the bitter end.
Berry, Crouch and Soligo fought like hell.
Keays is our barometer and heartbeat.
Hugh Bond is a find, Josh Worrell is almost our best defender, saved about 3 goals and set one up with his desperation.
Racheles celebration and the mouthing off from Butters is great, it adds spice to a fairly vanilla AFL landscape.
Our issues are fixed by getting in quality mids, much easier than finding quality talls.
When Dan Curtin gets more muscle on his frame he will be a beast.

Bad:
Goalkicking. Thilthorpe and Gollant nail those shots 35 out and its a different game.
Didn't give our forwards enough clean ball but its not easy with so much insane pressure and slippery conditions.
This game was Taylor made for Zac... Disappointed to see him sub.

Ugly:
The Houston bump, it was a stupid mistake from a good person, just like Rankine did to Starcevich. It happens and its split second decision. No malice but you have to cop it by choosing to bump.
We needed ROB to stand up, he didn't. Was poor at best.

The umpiring was stupid all night. Both sides copped howlers.

How stupid do Port supporters look booing Hinkley 8 weeks ago, I haven't checked out the Sack Hinkley part 8 yet but I am sure its quiet until they lose a final. Sillies.

Grave Danger? Can’t remember what happened here?
Prelim against Glenelg IIRC, Cahill told Granger to take our Cornes, Granger replied “I’ll be banned if I do that” having so many prior reports.
Cahill said, “The club will look after you”.
Granger round housed Cornes, heavy suspension and Port left him hung out to dry.
campaigner of a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dog act.
They can spin it anyway they like but the dog act will always remain.

I hope Dan Houston is enjoying Adelaide life just now. He'd be drawing unwelcome attention from the locals.
And BTW... Shite response from Hinkley with the nice bloke bullshit. This picture is proof of how decent he is. Disgusting play. Disgusting appeasement attempt. Disgusting club culture.

"We are Port Adelaide" and we're disgusting.

Correct, it’s the totality of it.

Sledges the opponent. Winds up the crowd like a dick. Goes missing when you need him most. Puts in short steps when the whips are really cracking. No runs on the board either as an individual or a team.

He’s copping heat because he and his club are a complete clusterf*ck, not just for one sledge.

Are you saying you felt sorry for the Port supporters because Rachele had a pop at them? Literally **** off mate.

I'm entirely sick of the "SpLiT SeCoNd" decision media narrative like we only count the time when Houston was 30cm away from Rankine.

Dan is an incredibly talented and smart footballer. He knew what he was doing. He saw the ball punched in the air, the person it was going to go to and he deliberately lined his shoulder up to put Rankine out of the game. There's no "split second" about it...

Its just about off season, a short holiday then a new preseason. If i was rachele, i would be hitting the gym very hard and focusing on strength training so i could defend that target i have hung on my back
He needs to get in the ring for a summer of boxing. It'll make him quicker in thought, lighter on his feet and teach him that getting physical and being hit can be psychologically turned into a positive motivation.

Without much more "warrior" in him, his career will have a lower ceiling than his talent would suggest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back