Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The disappointment is that we didn't play the ball after that incident.
Because we have Nicks, who should've stressed that they needed to focus on the ball and winning the game.
In fact, they turned into a disorganised, revenge-seeking rabble.
That's on Nicks who's paid well, to train them in self-discipline.

Hi Grotto! That’s a very poor quality pic from a bad angle. I remember seeing the highlights, and distinctly remember Rankine’s arm flailed upwards when his head made contact to the ground. Which is the likely time of the concussion. I’m also basing on Houston’s past record, which I don’t recall him being one of those unfair players.
I’m not arguing that I think he’ll get off a suspension, but more the issue of his intent to cause a head injury.
Just bruising

I have come to the conclusion that Nick's just isn't a great coach.
Agree totally.
Good with people, not so good when it comes to footy/player management/selections/game day moves etc.
Gotta go.
However, I am happy we have got pick 4, and one more year of experience into the kids.
We need a reset, Nick's needs to either move on, or the club needs to put some experience around him.
Move Nicks on.
If the Club needs to employ experience to prop up the Head Coach after 5 years, we need another Head Coach.
What is Choco doing? Say what you want about him, but he is a good coach.
Choco would rather pull off his own head and shit down his own neck than work for the Crows.
He's a Williams.
Their blood is black and white.

He was contesting the footy, just a little late - let's not hang the bloke.

Rankine got 4 for a similar thing, remember.

As for the game - at least we lost, otherwise - who gives a shit.

Ok, I've watched it again, and I was being generous above.

Wasn't directly in the contest, could've avoided flattening him if he chose to.

I think he'll get 6 weeks.

If we had a coach Like Mitchell at Hawthorn or Kingsley at GWS, with the players we have and will get in the offseason, I would expect an entirely different set of results. The potential in our list once we get another 1 or 2 top end drafted mids is there. I\t just needs a coach thats competent and forward thinking to get them to gel like at Hawthorn and GWS. Nicks has to go this offseason..he just has to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally.
Good with people, not so good when it comes to footy/player management/selections/game day moves etc.
Gotta go.
Is this even true, do we know what kind of relationship he has with the players? He just comes across as a completely self-interested pushover, nothing about the way he acts or talks makes me believe he’d know how to build genuine, meaningful bonds with the players, particularly the way he throws them under the bus all the time. Most coaches in the league not only trump Nicks tactically, but also seem to have a better rapport with their squad

Is this even true, do we know what kind of relationship he has with the players? He just comes across as a completely self-interested pushover, nothing about the way he acts or talks makes me believe he’d know how to build genuine, meaningful bonds with the players, particularly the way he throws them under the bus all the time. Most coaches in the league not only trump Nicks tactically, but also seem to have a better rapport with their squad
Yeah, you might have a good point, there.

I received a phone call from a very close Port friend during the week and he said he took it "personally" (he has all of his teeth BTW).
I've never given the apricot-slice-and-chardonnay jokes a second thought, nor any others aimed at Crows supporters. Hey, sticks and stones ....
Did you ask him why he took it "personally"? Just like him, many of them actually do have their own teeth :sneaky:
It was blown way out of proportion in the media though.
Yes, knowing it would enrage Port supporters the media jumped all over it because it was a dumb thing to say.
Rachele is a man-boy ie a boy's mind inside a man's body; he's immature and (pun intended) rash.
That explains his over-the-top goal celebrations (which I quite like; he's having fun) AND the silly 'toothless' remark which came back to bite him :sneaky: on the butt (which we could all have done without).

This made me chuckle, pure Aussie humour:
View attachment 2083801

but I'd never take apricot slice'n'chardonnay to a Crows Home Showdown, even for a joke. Cant stand'em.
It would be pretty funny if a bunch of Tealsters sent the club some lolly teeth addressed to Rachele.....

Doesn't matter how well Isaac recovers or doesnt ,the result could be diabolical and not only ruin someones football future or recurring health but actually worse.
Lets not joke about how bad Port crowd was in booing a man that was knocked out un conscious as that defies us supporters as actually being human beings .
Didn't think I could dislike that team or coach or supporters anymore than previously did.
I agree that it could have terrible consequences :eek:; let's hope not.

I watched the game on Ch7 and please remember, I despise PA.
When Rankine was being driven off, there were a lot of crowd shots.
I heard booing, and cheering.
I saw Crows supporters and some Port Supporters clapping Rankine off --- it's a genuine and respectful gesture for a fallen warrior regardless of team.

I also saw some Port Supporters gesturing nastily, waving him off; horrible stuff.
It's those people who are clueless with no class or empathy. Disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back