Preview R4 Sydney vs West Coast "Gather Round"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would not read to much in to Wicks not being selected as sinister after the so called dust up. Club playing a straight bat with neither player having anything to answer. Gave him a week off last week and they are well known for being ahead of most clubs in the AFL in regards to the way they treat mental health. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking Wicks was doing it hard and was not in the headspace to play. Another factor of not playing him this week could also be the amount of ground time he has actually had so far in his appearances and then a week off last week. Even though there is no VFL they might see more benefit in playing a full game in the practice match than playing 10-15 minutes as a sub in the Seniors to build his match practice. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Wicks is best 23 and I think it will come to fruition at some point very soon.

Would not read to much in to Wicks not being selected as sinister after the so called dust up. Club playing a straight bat with neither player having anything to answer. Gave him a week off last week and they are well known for being ahead of most clubs in the AFL in regards to the way they treat mental health. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking Wicks was doing it hard and was not in the headspace to play. Another factor of not playing him this week could also be the amount of ground time he has actually had so far in his appearances and then a week off last week. Even though there is no VFL they might see more benefit in playing a full game in the practice match than playing 10-15 minutes as a sub in the Seniors to build his match practice. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Wicks is best 23 and I think it will come to fruition at some point very soon.

good point

Weird that he keeps being handed games (and a 3 year contract). Still can’t see what the club clearly thinks they see.
Just my opinion, but i think he might have been the clubs answer to replacing Sam Reid. Not going to elaborate on that, but its not going to happen!!

Wicks should be playing

Front half to slow imo and taking paps away at times makes it worse.

to be honest atm Lloyd is only getting a game because of experience
I doubt it matters this week, but would like to see the team changed after the bye. IMO we need one more pressure player in the front half and also one more harder type in the midfield, although I guess we're getting that with Adams this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it matters this week, but would like to see the team changed after the bye. IMO we need one more pressure player in the front half and also one more harder type in the midfield, although I guess we're getting that with Adams this week.

Hayward will jag a couple in a possible flogging… will yet again paper over the cracks.

I am stunned Ladhams made the trip as an Emergency. Did Horse and co watch the game the umpteen dire Ladhams moments… or did they just see he got 20 possessions.

He barely rucked and was soundly beaten by Crayfish when he did.

I am stunned Ladhams made the trip as an Emergency. Did Horse and co watch the game the umpteen dire Ladhams moments… or did they just see he got 20 possessions.

He barely rucked and was soundly beaten by Crayfish when he did.
I've no problem with him being the travelling ruck emergency.
Covers all bases with the emergencies and allows McAndrew and Green to continue their development in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back