Preview R6: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Saturday 9th @2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen how hard Mav & Armo have been tackling lately.... :cool:

Did you see Freds tackling, didn't know he had that in him?

Lonie on Murphy?

Hear me out.

If Bob disrespects him even for a minute, it will make him play tight?

Roo will get most of his kicks upfield anyway essentialy he plays as ruck rover.
Roo has to play if hes fit. No doubt. Not sure ruck rover.. See if roo plays fwd Talia has to go to one of Roo or Bruce. Either way who ever he doesnt play on at the time will kick goals. But bringing Roo in and not dropping Hickey means their quick rebounders are gona have a field day.. Like i said were already gona need a small defensive stopper on Murph. Boyd plays that role aswell now too.. they get so much drive from those 2.. Going too tall up fwd is gona be dangerous.
having hickey chop out longer late in the game really helped though. Their gona have to weigh it up.

B: Dempster Delaney Geary
HB: Webster Fisher McKenzie
C: Steven Armitage Roberton
HF: Membrey Riewoldt Billings
F: Lonie Bruce Hickey
R: Longer Dunstan Weller
Int: Newnes, Sinclair, Schneider, Montagna

Out: Acres, Savage (hamstring)

Maybe a bit harsh on Acres after coming on as the sub but two players have to come out and his disposal wasn't great even though he found himself in some really good positions. Could probably do with more time in the VFL working on his polish. I thought McKenzie was really good for a first gamer and besides that incident where he apparently had no one to kick to, looked really composed with the footy.

I love him and think he's going to be a star, but maybe give sincs a rest (in the middle) with sandy for montagna. It's really nice to have selection issues. Mckenzie stays because he did all we could ask, maybe switch him to sub and acres starts. I reckon sincs would get 25 plus for sandy and a couple of goals. Give hickey another run at it, he was solid. Membrey is almost too good to drop but I think i'd rotate him out over hickey, he's played some solid games without lighting the house on fire. With a young team like this and an unknown best 22 people are going to get rotated in and out, it's not that they're not performing, rather others are banging down the door. It's good to give some of the boys a taste so they know what to work on when they go back to sandy.

foward line of

Billings (love this kid) - Reiwoldt - Resting mid
Lonie (future brownlow medalist) - Bruce - Hickey

I'm loving watching the saints play at the minute, it reminds me of 2000-2003, our forward line was so exciting, mainly because every time milne got the pill he'd slip over causing whoever was on him to slip over also, but he'd be back up before his opponent would hit the deck. lonie's one handed pickups and darting runs bring equal levels of excitement. Milne might be a little better around the goals, but lonie will be an accumulator and game breaker, better field kick. If he's getting 20 touches and 2 goals a game now, with a highschool fitness base, lookout 2018!

I wouldnt be dropping either ruck this week. Hear me out -

The Dogs dont bother with a ruckman. They haveCordy and Roughead 'tag' a ruck each and follow them everywhere. Last weekend it was Cordy to Pyke and Roughead to Tippett.

Whichever one of our rucks gets Cordy as the tagshould play out of the sqaure and be that deep target. Put Cordy under as much pressure one out as we can.

If he goes to Longer great, Longer can out muscle him as Pyke did. If he goes to Hickey great, Hickey just worked over Dustin Fletcher so Cordy shouldnt be an issue.

Play Roo on the wing as that kick from the back half, Weller to Macrae as a shutdown. Not sure who tags Murphy. Schneider maybe? Not sure Lonie has the tank to track him for a full game.

Templeton back in?

Longer and Hickey will tear Cordy to shreds

Disagree about the danger of their fwds ... Teams that struggle against their fwds have big backmen who are ordinary at ground level. We have Chips (Stringer) Dempster (Crameri) Delaney (Boyd) and see nothing scary there.

Bob Murphy needs to be held accountable... Billings to work him over offensively

Our inside mids to really go to work on them physically. Weller (McCrae), Steven, Armo, Dunstan

I think they will struggle against our fwds

We will win by 5 goals.

Dempster - Delaney - Geary
Roberton - Fisher - Webster

Longer - Weller - Steven
Montagna - Armitage - Newnes

Billings - Bruce - Riewoldt
Lonie - Hickey - Membrey

Dunstan - Acres - Schnieder
McKenzie

In: Riewoldt, Montagna
Out: Savage inj?, Sinclair

If Savage is fit... McKenzie out... Schnieder Sub

OUT: Savage Dunstan (inj.) Schneider*
IN: Riewoldt Montagna Minchington**

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Webster - Fisher - Newnes
RK: Longer - Armitage - Steven
CR: Montagna - Weller - Roberton
HF: Membrey - Riewoldt - Billings
FF: Hickey - Bruce - Lonie
IC: Sinclair - Acres - McKenzie
Sub: Minchington

*NOT related to 'the miss'...
**tank issues make him the perfect sub, but let's see what he's got.

For the love of Trevor, put Acres on the field and leave him there. He is slow as a wet week and nobody lands a glove on him. Need to be given time in the seniors.
Flame away, I know i'm a homer.

i'm with you there. just play him. would love to see him spend time in the center.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to try this again:

I didn't mind the Hickey-Longer combination and would like a longer look at it, but I'm loving just the three talls and an extra midfielder too much.

In: Montagna, Roo.

Out: Hickey, someone really unlucky.

Hickey offered heaps last week. Can't drop him in my opinion.

I'm actually very confident this week.

B Geary Delaney Dempster
HB Newnes Fisher Webster
C Acres Armitage Billings
HF Schneider Riewoldt Membrey
F Lonie Bruce Montagna
Foll Longer Weller
Rov Steven
Int Dunstan McKenzie Hickey
Sub Roberton

Out Savage inj , Sinclair ( unlucky )
IN Roo , Joey

Roo will play, as he's done fairly successfully for 13 years... As a key forward, with the ability to get up and down the ground take 8-10 marks per game, take marks i50 and kick a couple, be a hit up target from defense occasionally or a get out option, even help out down back...

He works over key defenders... If he starts as a mid.. The running adv he has on his opponent diminishes .., and CM is not as big an adv in the midfield.

Any opposition coach would love Roo not fwd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back