Preview R6: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Saturday 9th @2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How staggering is it, he just floats through the contest with the ball.
Interesting about Acres. He did his combine tests not long after shoulder surgery so no surprises he didn't test that well. However he apparently did some pre combine pre injury testing in WA that would have came up with these positions if he had had have achieved them at the combine.

20m sprint- Equal 9th
Agility- 8th
Standing vertical- 1cm outside top 10
Running vertical jump ®- Equal 10th
Running vertical jump (l)- 2nd
Repeat sprint- 1st
Beep test- Equal 5th

Think Schnieder will probably be dropped, was put on the rookie list to be used more as an experienced player if needed. Roo & Joey get injured which allowed Schnieds to step up & become that experienced leader that we needed. Now that Roo & possibly Joey are going to get a recall this week, we won't need that extra experience, so exit stage left Schniederman.

Might be unpopular but give Longer a break and keep Hickey in as main ruck? Let him work over Cordy while Roo + Bruce are main talls with Membery as 3rd.

Just think it is a bit top heavy having Longer, Hickey, Roo, Bruce and Membery all in the same team.

Dempster is a great match up for Stringer

Would be happy with either of Fisher and Dempster, both look decent match ups. If he is proving a little too agile, I reckon even Roberton is not a bad match up. Stringer would have the body strength on him, but Robbo can still hold his own in the contest.

Dempster is a great match up for Stringer
were screwed no matter who we put on him, just got to limit the damage by putting on great defensive pressure and running by our mids.

B Geary Delaney Roberton

Savages numbers from last couple weeks ain't the greatest but feel uncomfortable leaving him out. So tough
killing my SC team :mad:

it all started with cloke running into him, hasn't been the same since

Stringer has that rare combination of agility and strength. Clear danger guy who destroyed us last time. I don't believe Fisher or Dempster have the lateral movement to go with him. Gilbert would've been perfect. Perhaps the shorter but more agile Webster or even Wright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

were screwed no matter who we put on him, just got to limit the damage by putting on great defensive pressure and running by our mids.

killing my SC team :mad:

it all started with cloke running into him, hasn't been the same since

It's a pity cause if he was in, it'd give us a really good launching pad off half back with both savage and Webster who use it so well

Issue for me is making sure we have the legs to spread quickly. Doggies are extremely quick offensively once they get the turn over and make the most of their inside 50s

Stringer: Fisher
Cameri: Dempster
Bont: Roberton
Dalhaus: Geary
Boyd: Delaney

Need the one back probably, maybe acres in that role to use his height and reading of the play. Could potentially swap with Roberton too

Does anyone else think it mite not be a bad idea to debut Hugh this week and play him on Boyd. We really don't have anyone tall enough to compete with him in the air. We seem to always play a forward into form as well and we also have to worry about crameri. I know he needs more time, but I wouldn't mind seeing it and I think the height match up on a guy like Boyd shouldn't be underestimated.
The Essendon match gives us some guide in this.
Joe Daniher is a similar height to Tom Boyd.
Daniher ended his match with 0 marks 0 kicks 3 handpasses 0 tackles when he was dragged at 3/4 time.
His opponent? Luke Delaney - who was able to amass 67 supercoach points while almost completely nullifying his opponent (6 supercoach points)

Agree about the top heaviness

The counterpoint at Etihad is that our talls (if they separate) will trouble them.

Bruce/Hickey should alternate between Anchoring deep and 35 out

Roo and Membrey alternate between deep and 50 out

Lonie and Billings rotate between high and deep small fwd - also rotating off whilst mids Steven/Armo and Dunstan spend minutes Fwd

Structure
(Membrey/Roo) 50 - A
(Billings/Lonie) 45 - B

(Bruce/Hickey) 35 - C

(Lonie/Billings) 25 - D

(Bruce/Hickey) 10- F
(Roo/Membrey) 10 - E

A - high HF tall.. Push up the the HBF and double back to 50. Hit up target out of defence or get out option on slow play.

B - High small fwd to push up to Central stoppages work centre fwd and lead laterally

C - i50 main target for stoppage high ball or moving it through the centre... Mobile target when possible.

D - deep Small fwd. Keep structure i50 and crumb and pressure. Work in figure 8s up to the numbers and back.

E. Leading deep fwd at the space... Either at the ball or fat side

F. Anchor fwd for pressure high ball... Must not get out marked and contest strongly for small fwds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Savage has attracted defensive forwards the last few matches. Seems like a win?
Yep, so having Webster in the team is going to be awesome once he gets his AFL-level rhythm back. They can't tag both of them in the backline!

just on lonie, if you watch him live watch how he starts for centre clearances, he has sometimes been starting at the traditional CHB line and charging in, it hasn't really worked but you can tell its a copy of the chad winged esq move that happened at port early in his career (guess who was coaching at port around then)

Anytime Hickey rotates with Longer, Longer must Anchor to the square if Fwd

If a ruckman is on the bench

Create a mismatch by swapping with a small and the High small push up to the midfield.

When this structure is in place we cannot bomb on heads, and need to kick to the space and not the face.

We should strategically swap talls and smalls for short periods to change our sticking structure
The signal for that would be Bruce or Roo having rest periods

Anytime Hickey rotates with Longer, Longer must Anchor to the square if Fwd

If a ruckman is on the bench

Create a mismatch by swapping with a small and the High small push up to the midfield.

When this structure is in place we cannot bomb on heads, and need to kick to the space and not the face.

We should strategically swap talls and smalls for short periods to change our sticking structure
The signal for that would be Bruce or Roo having rest periods
i don't think AFL clubs would fall for this in 2015, with the amount of switching and communication this wouldn't happen

We need to try and rotate the younger guys back to the 2s on merit as much as possible and when their form seems to be dipping/they look cooked. On that basis, a good week for Sinclair to make way, has been quieter the past game and a half whereas Acres and DMac should get more than one week and Lonie is playing too well to contemplate giving him a rest. Sinclair it is to miss for me.

We need to try and rotate the younger guys back to the 2s on merit as much as possible and when their form seems to be dipping/they look cooked. On that basis, a good week for Sinclair to make way, has been quieter the past game and a half whereas Acres and DMac should get more than one week and Lonie is playing too well to contemplate giving him a rest. Sinclair it is to miss for me.

Well, he had 14 disposals on Saturday and kicked two goals last week. Not bad for your fourth and fifth games. I would love to see him get a few more games.

For me its Schiender and not because he missed the goals last weeks would just rather pump 10 to 15 games into a templeton or Minch if their form for Sandy warrants it. This year is all about development and Scheinder wont be on our list next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back