Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home from the game, our team is so small, watching the man on man at the bounce freo players dwarfed us. Rachele brilliant tho, how Nicks can have us prepared to serve up that crap round 1 in the first half jesus christ, getting outnumbered in our defence is unforgivable and it happens time and time again, i like Nicksy but im definitely not convinced in him yet.
Long season ahead but no surprises there .
I’m not certain that’s nicks fault

And the fact they were able to play differently after half time shows nicks made some smart adjustments

And then generally hits a teammate on the tit by foot or handballs to a running player, I think you need to look more at where the ball goes at the end of all that.

I have no Issue with Rowes output today, he was very good. But the criticism of him holding up play is valid, and yeah he may well hit up a target or find a teammate after holding up play and doing 3 U turns, but whilst he does that he misses players streaming past to move it on quickly, he gives the opposition defence that extra 5 seconds to get structured. It’s a habit he has to work on. Give the first option, not the safe 5th one.

Rachele is a superstar after one game, he's elite and I'm so happy he plays for us.

Rowe was excellent clean all day unfortunately couldn't nail that last shot but he was awesome.

Keays is Hella frustrating he gets the ball soooo much if only he could kick better.

Sholl was great when he came on and proved he should have been in the team to begin with.

When Sloane goes who will be Captain? I saw no leaders out there? We lack leg seed on the midfield and leadership.

Rob may be an athletic beast but he can't kick or handball, complete liability with ball in hand, Strachan needs to be given more of a go.

Berg is done, don't want to see him anywhere near the side ever again, he's piss weak, no intensity or desire to actually get the ball he only competes because he has to. Gollant has to come in he has xfactor all over him.

Soligo went unsighted seriously who's selecting the team when Sholl come on as sub and is the 4rh highest possession getter. Cook should have also been in the side and poor Wayne needed a few games in the two's to get back into it.

Elliot Himmelberg makes Ian Perrie look like Nick Riewoldt, the bloke is a timid mess of a footballer.

Sloane’s power at this club is making it near on impossible for this club to move forward and make any progress
Yep, some selection integrity would help. Berg has never demanded his spot and has been selected due to being the next inline tall forward.

Not really sure what else Gollant has to do? Has mongrel too, which we need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no Issue with Rowes output today, he was very good. But the criticism of him holding up play is valid, and yeah he may well hit up a target or find a teammate after holding up play and doing 3 U turns, but whilst he does that he misses players streaming past to move it on quickly, he gives the opposition defence that extra 5 seconds to get structured. It’s a habit he has to work on. Give the first option, not the safe 5th one.

Agreed. Rowey has a football brain and you can see he’s trying to work out the best option - but at this level he doesn’t have the same amount of time to do that as you do at SANFL level

The improvement over last year to me is that I think last year we lose that game badly after half time, GWS game early last season is a good example. Nicks and the players deserve a lot of credit for putting that first half in the bin and regrouping in the 2nd half. The ending sucked, but a lot more positives than negatives out of that game and as I said, I can see the improvement.

I don't think we can blame umpires today, if anything we had a decent run with them over the duration of the match.
I reckon we complained about our pre season umpiring treatment. Then they over compensated today as a result. Now the media will blow that up. Then we'll get ripped off for the next 5 games. Pretty sure it panned out similar last year.

Rachele is a superstar after one game, he's elite and I'm so happy he plays for us.

Rowe was excellent clean all day unfortunately couldn't nail that last shot but he was awesome.

Keays is Hella frustrating he gets the ball soooo much if only he could kick better.

Sholl was great when he came on and proved he should have been in the team to begin with.

When Sloane goes who will be Captain? I saw no leaders out there? We lack leg seed on the midfield and leadership.

Rob may be an athletic beast but he can't kick or handball, complete liability with ball in hand, Strachan needs to be given more of a go.

Berg is done, don't want to see him anywhere near the side ever again, he's piss weak, no intensity or desire to actually get the ball he only competes because he has to. Gollant has to come in he has xfactor all over him.

Soligo went unsighted seriously who's selecting the team when Sholl come on as sub and is the 4rh highest possession getter. Cook should have also been in the side and poor Wayne needed a few games in the two's to get back into it.
Keays is the most obvious captain for me

I reckon we complained about our pre season umpiring treatment. Then they over compensated today as a result. Now the media will blow that up. Then we'll get ripped off for the next 5 games. Pretty sure it panned out similar last year.
The umpire didn't go our way in the 1st half, a few 50/50 went Fremantle way which is expected as we were 2nd to the ball in the 1st half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Back