Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't ever seen him compete that well in the air before, crashed every single contest and brought the ball to ground if he knew marking was out of the question.
Yep I’m Obvs a huge Fog critic and I liked his competitiveness today

If he plays like that every week I’ll be happy even though it wasn’t a starring performance

Still want to see him get some easier ball with outworking an opponent but the commitment to contest and compete was a tick

So close but just missed out in the end.
the 1.5 in the last qtr was a killer.
Good to see Mcrouch back and played well, was given a role that played to his strengths, getting the handball out to the 'runners'
I thought Meek gave ROB a touch up today, ROB needs to be doing more than what he gave today
That 1st half was so frustrating, fumbles galore, cant kick, cant mark but good to see us turn it around in the 3rd qtr
Hopefully we got most of the rust out today and we play better next week

If he plays like that every week I’ll be happy even though it wasn’t a starring performance

Still want to see him get some easier ball with outworking an opponent but the commitment to contest and compete was a tick
Freo have a very good defensive unit too, which is why I was so impressed with his game. Should get far easier ball against some other teams, potentially starting with Collingwood next week. Don't think we will beat the Pies away from home, but reckon Fog can continue his good start to the season.

The improvement over last year to me is that I think last year we lose that game badly after half time, GWS game early last season is a good example. Nicks and the players deserve a lot of credit for putting that first half in the bin and regrouping in the 2nd half. The ending sucked, but a lot more positives than negatives out of that game and as I said, I can see the improvement.
Only the most rose coloured glass fan would assess our game like this.

So… given Rachele kicked 5 in a losing side (thus the harder task) and the other kid kicked 5 in a winning side surely the VFL has to give the rising star to Rachele..
Unfortunately Nick Martin had 27 & Kicked 5 in a losing Team! So either way he won't be getting it this week!

It annoys me every single time Rowe gets the ball loose in play he stops, props, then the tackler closes in on him and he is rushed.

Is this something he got away with at lower levels?
Yet despite this he somehow nearly always hits targets unlike the majority of our smalls.

Only the most rose coloured glass fan would assess our game like this.
Huh? Even Scorpus agreed with me. We capitulated in games like that last year where things weren't going our way in the first half, that 2nd half is a significant improvement. There was more than enough to suggest the improvement is there, will just be inconsistent still as we all expected. 7-10 wins is possible with the footy played in the 2nd half and if we can remove the non-competive losses, then 2022 should be positive progress for this squad.

Did you see how we kicked the ball today ?
It would be hard work being a forward in our team with that sort of delivery

Huh? Even Scorpus agreed with me. We capitulated in games like that last year where things weren't going our way in the first half, that 2nd half is a significant improvement. There was more than enough to suggest the improvement is there, will just be inconsistent still as we all expected. 7-10 wins is possible with the footy played in the 2nd half and if we can remove the non-competive losses, then 2022 should be positive progress for this squad.
The Crows of 2020 and even 2021 at times would have lost that by 70 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows of 2020 and even 2021 at times would have lost that by 70 points

We played an almost identical game last year against a worse freo team.

Why is meekly conceding at home suddenly progress?

Fremantle were missing three key players, including a multiple Brownlow medal winner.
If they kick straight we lose by 6 or 7 goals.

That's not improvement.

Freo have a very good defensive unit too, which is why I was so impressed with his game. Should get far easier ball against some other teams, potentially starting with Collingwood next week. Don't think we will beat the Pies away from home, but reckon Fog can continue his good start to the season.
Don’t see why we can’t beat pies if we play 4 quarters

Another 50/50 game

And you would surely admit he was much more positive to the team, especially when we were poo, than Berg and Thill??

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Back