Bomber Man

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2005
Brighton
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I know this is a near impossible ask, but can this not become a Collingwood and Richmond supporter debacle?

Very interested in supporters of neither clubs opinion - if you've seen a bit of them play.

Dawes 193cm 100kg, dob 16/5/88, 6 games 5 goals (5.3)
Hughes 192cm 84kg, dob 15/1/87, 16 games 23 goals (9.6 in first 6 games)

84kg listed reads a little lighter than Hughes looks to me.

Dawes just ahead of Hughes for me. Dawes has that strong presence about him and when he develops he could be one of the most damaging forwards ever because of the way he is already built. Hughes is still gonna be a great player, he has good speed off the mark and can take good grabs, I think they will both turn out to be great players in the future but Dawes just ahead of Hughes for me.

i like dawes and i reckon he can become a decent player.
wont be a superstar but is more likely to be in the 22 for collingwoog then hughes because of attitude.
if hughes pulls his finger out and gets into the best shape he can then he could become a star.
but atm dawes future looks more promising as hughes is too lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how people have such informed opinions of Dawes despite this practically being his first AFL season due to a knee injury all of last year, only playing a handful of games, and probably not watching most of them.

Dawes is a much more unknown quantity than Hughes. I've seen him play every game live and I still can't think of what to make of him. Excellent at ground level for a big man, can drop a mark he has worked hard to get into good position for though. He's very raw and in the games he has played he hasn't really had a chance to show his wears as the #1 or #2 key forward, nor has he learned the fine art of leading.

Haven't seen much of Hughes to be honest, seems like a good kick, more of a true full forward than Dawes who seems to be a CHF who likes to meet the ball himself more.

Love how people have such informed opinions of Dawes despite this practically being his first AFL season due to a knee injury all of last year, only playing a handful of games, and probably not watching most of them.

Dawes is a much more unknown quantity than Hughes. I've seen him play every game live and I still can't think of what to make of him. Excellent at ground level for a big man, can drop a mark he has worked hard to get into good position for though. He's very raw and in the games he has played he hasn't really had a chance to show his wears as the #1 or #2 key forward, nor has he learned the fine art of leading.

Haven't seen much of Hughes to be honest, seems like a good kick, more of a true full forward than Dawes who seems to be a CHF who likes to meet the ball himself more.
Interesting post given your sign off - "31 is arriving"...

I haven't seen much of Hughes at all but he did kick a bag one day.

Dawes has been OK in his 1st few games with his debut taking a couple of contested marks against one of the best fullbacks in the comp in Hughton.

Dawes is a bit younger I think. Not really convinced he''ll make it yet. Does seem to me to be a more lead up CHF then a FF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate the Potential as FF: Chris Dawes vs Cleve Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back