Preview Rd 1 - Prematch Discussion - Collingwood vs Hawthorn - 7:50 Fri 30/3/12 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young will feel unlucky? His form does not warrant senior selection at all.

As for Sinclair, I honestly don't see what the club sees in him but I would have even chosen him over Young which says alot really.

Hopefully Ben can sort out his kicking issues because he really seems like a lively type always buzzing around. His decision making and disposal is just terrible to watch though- this is holding him back big time IMO.

Elliott probably would have been a wiser choice based on the very little we've seen of him thus far.

Good luck to the 3 debutants. Need a big game from Paine so hopefully he can hold his own. Ditto Keeffe who is going to have a huge role to play.

Goldsack in really makes me feel comfortable. Rounds playing also comforts me somewhat because he is a much better small forward option than Sinclair to be honest.

Sinkers got picked for his unrelenting chase and pressure in the forward line I imagine, but Young would probably feel a little unlucky.

Yeah, you get the feeling it's as much a structure thing than anything. He's got a role to play. But the angst is growing, we'll be bemoaning "Buckley's favorites" by Round 2.
I reckon Seedsman is another one. I read in VFL reports last year he was getting one on one time with Buckley during breaks throughout the season. Someone made mention of it in a training report recently as well. Perhaps he saw something in Seeds early and has made him a bit of a pet project.

Luke Hodge not playing:eek:

I can't believe that I just watched AFL Teams LIVE on Fox Footy and when Liam Pickering went through the Hawks team he did not even mention Hodge being out?? They all picked the Hawks anyway, but can't think of a bigger 'out' for the Hawks, other than if it was Buddy?

This game will be a ripper, will go down to the wire, Hodge out is huge for us. Shiels and puopolo hurt only a little but I think this game will be 50/50!

Starting to love the $2.25 the Pies here people - no Hodge, Bailey, Shiel and Roughie - pendulum's swung back fair and square our way now.

Get on Pies tonight. Those odds won't be there by tomorrow.

FB, FF, 1st Ruck, #1 onballer, starting onballer, best small (non rioli) all missing. (Gilham, Roughead, Bailey, Hodge, Shiels, Puopolo).

That's got to hurt the structures.

Starting to love the $2.25 the Pies here people - no Hodge, Bailey, Shiel and Roughie - pendulum's swung back fair and square our way now.

You guys have as many outs as us, but our outs now are more significant, you should win.

Tarrant, Didak, Maxwell, Krakouer, N Brown, Beams, Wood, Wellingham and Johnson all missing for us.

We have far larger outs but you are right, the odds at $2.25 are good value.

Tarrant, Didak, Maxwell, Krakouer, N Brown, Beams, Wood, Wellingham and Johnson all missing for us.

We have far larger outs but you are right, the odds at $2.25 are good value.

who goes out for all those 9 i don't think you can count krakouer because he is a long term injury at least for this year.

Our outs would definitely displace players from our side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in my opinion,

Collingwood's best 22 missing - 7

Tarrant, Maxwell, Beams, Wellingham, Didak, Johnson, Krakouer

Also a couple of fringe players (Macaffer and Brown)

Brown could be argued best 22 but not sure if plays alongside Tarrant.

Hawthorn's best 22 missing - 6

Hodge, Bailey, Roughead, Shiels, Gilham, Puopolo

So it is pretty even now, especially with Hodge being out, he is our 2nd or 3rd best player behind Buddy.

Structurally both teams have bad outs so I see it as a 50/50 ball game now.

Will be interesting to see what the odds are by the bounce tomorrow night. Surely punters will be all over $2.20 seeming Hodge is out

You guys have as many outs as us, but our outs now are more significant, you should win.

Lol at Hawthorn supporters making sure they get in with the excuses just in case they drop a game they shouldn't.

No Hawthorn supporter could say what you just said with a straight face.

in my opinion,

Collingwood's best 22 missing - 7

Tarrant, Maxwell, Beams, Wellingham, Didak, Johnson, Krakouer

Also a couple of fringe players (Macaffer and Brown)

Brown could be argued best 22 but not sure if plays alongside Tarrant.

Hawthorn's best 22 missing - 6

Hodge, Bailey, Roughead, Shiels, Gilham, Puopolo

So it is pretty even now, especially with Hodge being out, he is our 2nd or 3rd best player behind Buddy.

Structurally both teams have bad outs so I see it as a 50/50 ball game now.

Will be interesting to see what the odds are by the bounce tomorrow night. Surely punters will be all over $2.20 seeming Hodge is out

Brown is not fringe he will be in the team every week

Lol at Hawthorn supporters making sure they get in with the excuses just in case they drop a game they shouldn't.

No Hawthorn supporter could say what you just said with a straight face.

Actually i still think we will win but we do have 6 of our best 22 out. Hodge being the biggest

We have more outs than you, but you have a couple of really important ones which makes it about even.

But the problem for us is, Tarrant AND Brown are out, so Buddy will run riot. We're missing 4 of our small forwards, there will be a gaping hole in that department. And our depth is far more inexperienced than yours.

Even more confident now with Hodge out. There midfield stocks look very slim and its really lacking pace with Lewis, Mitchell, Sewell to take up most of the duties throughout the night. If we get the ball out into space, and away from the contested situations then I think the game is ours.

One of the quicker more versatile collingwood teams I've seen in a while. Looking forward to seeing some young blood in the black and white

No doubt hodge is a huge loss, but taz not being there I think is enormous in the context of the game. Will Reid go to buddy? What role will hale play, more time in the ruck I'd expect. Very interesting game

As for the result, coin flip imo. Does it mean much in the context of the season? Probably not.

I'll feel a bit different tomorrow I imagine haha

Looks like supporters of both teams are giving upfront excuses because of injuries , no excuses both teams are good enough to win 50/50 ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back