Preview Rd 1 - Prematch Discussion - Collingwood vs Hawthorn - 7:50 Fri 30/3/12 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 7 sports report...^

Jon Ralph was on SEN today, said that Pendles has Yagmoor in his Supercoach side (H-S Supercoach league), and must know something.

Bloody Channel 7 - What is wrong with the AFL and Clubs Announcing it at 5pm.

Bloody Rating by Channel 7:mad:

Lighten up. If you'd paid upwards of $500 million to broadcast 4 games a week for 5 years I think your well within your rights to demand to be the first outlet to publish the teams.

Lighten up. If you'd paid upwards of $500 million to broadcast 4 games a week for 5 years I think your well within your rights to demand to be the first outlet to publish the teams.

Well They did not ask last time either did CH 10 or CH 9 before that

Mate, when I complained about not being able to get the teams at 5pm on the AFL board, I copped heaps of criticism from Horsewithnoname and lots of other posters. I was told this was a sign of great times where footy would be broadcast live, and what was my problem that I could not wait till 6.25pm. I hate not being able to see the team at 5pm! Why should Channel 7 have a monopoly on team selection time?

I see Scodog is doing the same thing here. I cannot emphasise how much I disagree with the argument against Channel 7 having this right. Why should we defend big companies already making lots of money from telecast rights? As long as I have been alive the teams have been available at 5pm and I fail to see why that should not have continued. Channel 7 are not televising footy as a community service but to make money and lots of it.

Mate, when I complained about not being able to get the teams at 5pm on the AFL board, I copped heaps of criticism from Horsewithnoname and lots of other posters. I was told this was a sign of great times where footy would be broadcast live, and what was my problem that I could not wait till 6.25pm. I hate not being able to see the team at 5pm! Why should Channel 7 have a monopoly on team selection time?

I see Scodog is doing the same thing here. I cannot emphasise how much I disagree with the argument against Channel 7 having this right. Why should we defend big companies already making lots of money from telecast rights? As long as I have been alive the teams have been available at 5pm and I fail to see why that should not have continued. Channel 7 are not televising footy as a community service but to make money and lots of it.

What would you rather, having the teams come out an hour later but live friday night footy or having the teams at 5 with the friday night game delayed by one hour?

If that's the trade off, I can live with it.

What would you rather, having the teams come out an hour later but live friday night footy or having the teams at 5 with the friday night game delayed by one hour?

If that's the trade off, I can live with it.

Do you seripously think that holding back the teams an hour and a half was the trade off for live broadcasts? Get real!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn v Collingwood
Friday 30 March
MCG, 7.50 pm

Collingwood
B:
Harry O'Brien, Lachlan Keeffe, Heath Shaw
HB: Alan Toovey, Ben Reid, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Luke Ball, Martin Clarke
HF: Dale Thomas, Jackson Paine, Ben Sinclair
F: Travis Cloke, Chris Dawes, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
Int: Jarryd Blair, Luke Rounds, Peter Yagmoor, Paul Seedsman

Emg: Dayne Beams, Cameron Wood, Tom Young

Paine Named at CHF:eek:

How in the Hell does Sinclair get a Game?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/131795/default.aspx

Seedsman eh? Reminds me of a certain poster who was constantly knocking him, stating he was "NO CHANCE" to play this year and a candidate for delisting. Round 1 and the Seed is in. The fools who watch the VFL and saw a bit to work with aren't so daft after all.

About what we expected, was always out of Seedsman, Young and Sinclair for the last 2 places, and Young is the unlucky one.

Interesting that Beams and Wood are emergencies, who comes in if there's a late withdrawal?

The point is, we now get live friday night footy and given the money that 7 pay for that, I think they're within their rights to announce the teams during their news.

And what about footy fans who have had the right for decades to the teams at 5pm? Don't we matter? I certainly will not watch 7 next week for the teams having just seen the express job they do without any visual assistance i.e. names on the screen.

Do 7 pay without receiving back far more than they pay for the rights? They are not a charity.

What is it you miss out on when the sides are named 1 hour and 20 minutes later than what they previously were? Bearing in mind that they're still released at least 25 hrs before the first game of the round.

The only possible issue I have is integrity based in that the teams are probably picked the same time as previous years, however there's now a slightly bigger window if a big name is to miss, which could possibly causing a betting plunge. Even the possibility of that is minute with how heavily scrutinized the game is these days....

Sinkers got picked for his unrelenting chase and pressure in the forward line I imagine, but Young would probably feel a little unlucky.

Hawks team.

* B: Brent Guerra, Josh Gibson, Jarrad Boumann
* HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Benjamin Stratton
* C: Isaac Smith, Sam Mitchell, Chance Bateman
* HF: Shaun Burgoyne, Lance Franklin, Cyril Rioli
* F: Luke Breust, David Hale, Jack Gunston
* Foll: Broc McCauley, Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis
* I/C: Michael Osborne, Brendan Whitecross, Shane Savage, Matt Suckling
* Emg: Xavier Ellis, Jarryd Roughead, Cameron Bruce

NO HODGE.:thumbsu::D

Status
Not open for further replies.