HF: Andrew Strijk, Quinten Lynch, Brad Ebert
F: Dean Cox, Josh Kennedy, Mark LeCras
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Chris Masten, Adam Selwood
I/C: Scott Selwood, Brett Jones, Lewis Stevenson, Ashton Hams
Emg: Koby Stevens, Ben McKinley, Callum Wilson

In: Jones, Hams, Brown, Smith, Stevenson
Out: Ben McKinley, Beau Wilkes, Bradd Dalziell, Tom Swift, Patrick McGinnity

Cue whinging

McKinley's effort last week has cost him .... maybe a trade back home might be his wish !

The INS look good , Brown at CHB after a midweek chat with Suma and Woosha .

EAGLES
B: Will Schofield, Eric MacKenzie, Ashley Smith
HB: Beau Waters, Mitchell Brown, Brad Sheppard
C: Matt Rosa, Matt Priddis, Andrew Embley
HF: Andrew Strijk, Quinten Lynch, Brad Ebert
F: Dean Cox, Josh Kennedy, Mark LeCras
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Chris Masten, Adam Selwood
I/C: Scott Selwood, Brett Jones, Lewis Stevenson, Ashton Hams
Emg: Koby Stevens, Ben McKinley, Callum Wilson

In: Jones, Hams, Brown, Smith, Stevenson
Out: Ben McKinley, Beau Wilkes, Bradd Dalziell, Tom Swift, Patrick McGinnity

Cue whinging

Of the outs, Dalziell is injured and the others deserve it on last weeks form. Question, is Swift 100% fit - he faded out badly last week.

I like Kobe as an emergency. Good kid who will be in soon enough. McKinley has to bite the bullet but there are signs. Wilson probably has to be tested soon.

Some will question our starting centre line. I am ok with it.
Rosa must be on notice with Emberley.

Liking the changes. :D

Only thing being is i hope people dont crucify brown after this weekend as its his first game back in defence in a while. Great to see smith in for his debut.

Are Hams and Smith going to play in the midfield? Who is replacing Bradd Dalziell and Swifty?

Good positive changes. Now hopefully along with stevens and houlihan soon, this young team can get a good 6-7 weeks together without changing or being played out of position, so we can get a good look at them!!!

Although happy with the changes this week

happy to see smith and stevenson:thumbsu:

what about houlihan??

we have omitted 3 mids
- dalziell
- swift
- mcginnity (kind of)

and replaced them with...
defenders, utilites, forwards

this may mean that the likes of masten, stevenson, sheppard and even maybe smith will get more midfield time..?

EDIT - hopefully hams can exert some much needed fwd line pressure

ok selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave Swift in and don't pick Jones and that would have been a pretty good effort.

Not sure why we would leave out Swift. We need creative mids. Interestingly he was named in our best in a few of the papers last week, but then so was Priddis :p

Mitch Brown named back, hopefully he can find some form, and hopefully this is the end of the Beau Wilkes experience ...

Also remain unsure what Lynch keeps doing to get a game, thought he was awful last week ... Perhaps it's "best of a bad/available bunch"

Leave Swift in and don't pick Jones and that would have been a pretty good effort.

Not sure why we would leave out Swift. We need creative mids. Interestingly he was named in our best in a few of the papers last week, but then so was Priddis :p

Mitch Brown named back, hopefully he can find some form, and hopefully this is the end of the Beau Wilkes experience ...

Also remain unsure what Lynch keeps doing to get a game, thought he was awful last week ... Perhaps it's "best of a bad/available bunch"

Fully agree.

But ah well..

I don't think there's a lot to whinge about in those selections.

Brett Jones might be a bit lucky, but with the exception of Waters, our backline is made up of kids and I imagine Jones has been chosen to try and add a bit of maturity to the defence. Not a bad selection IMO.

McKinley has probably lost his spot because he hasn't been setting the world on fire lately and the rain forecast probably hurts him. Hams playing forward probably offers more in the wet.

Swift being left out is the only one that surprises me. Maybe he pulled up a bit sore after his first game back. I certainly hope he hasn't been dropped based on form.

Interesting to note Brown has been named at CHB. It'll be interesting to see if he plays there. If he does, it shows a lack conviction from the match committee. Wilkes has struggled in the past couple of weeks, but I think the idea to perservere with Brown as a forward was a correct one. Time will tell I guess, but I see it as a step backwards and a move that could be made next season if need be.

Smith in surprises me. Woosha certainly gave no indication in any of his press conferences that a call-up for Smith was likely. I hope fans keep a lid on their expectations, because Smith has only played one week of top quality football for Perth and his opponent still kicked 2 or 3 on him. Hopefully, he backs himself and is creative, because his best is very good, but I suspect he may go into his shell at stages.

besides jones in im not complaining at all... actually its probably the happiest ive been with our selection all year... brown to half back (good choice), Masten to midfield (should have been there in first place but still, good choice), naitanui starting ruckman (good choice, cox being rested on forward pocket). kennedy needs to be chf and bring in wilson as ff to replace lynch.

McKinley out :thumbsdown:
Swift out :thumbsdown:
No Stevens :thumbsdown:
No Houlihan :thumbsdown:
Brett Jones in :thumbsdown:
Mitch Brown in: :thumbsdown:

Ashley Smith in: :thumbsu:
Lewis Steveson in: :thumbsu:

You guys ****ing suck at picking teams hey. Seriously let the fans pick the team at least we know how to pick a proper team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 15 Team v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back