Game Day Rd 16 Crows v Giants - Name the Excuse - Spoiler - Taylor saves Nicks, will he get another game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
One more game of this shit stain of a season gone, one more game closer to the substantial change the review will have recommended.

Will this add to the misery by winning? Or will a loss bring us closer to ridding us of this dodgy used car salesman? Will he be booed?

We are approaching near full strength so injury excuses won’t cop it, so what’s it to be this time? What will our illustrious leader come up? Nearest to the pin wins $1M!!

I’m going with:

The players suck and I’ve never coached better.

Giants by 13

Last edited:
One more game of this shit stain of a season gone, one more game closer to the substantial change the review will have recommended.

Will this add to the misery by winning? Or will a loss bring us closer to ridding us of this dodgy used car salesman?

We are approaching near full strength so injury excuses won’t cop it, so what’s it to be this time? What will our illustrious leader come up? Nearest to the pin wins a $1M!!

I’m going with:

Giants by 13

Nicks with a wry smile - "he's a bloody good player isn't he" when asked about Jack Buckley having 25 disposals and 16 intercepts.

I’m divided as I am going tonight and want to attend a win as haven’t been to one since 2022

But.. a loss is long term better for us

I think we scrape home by 9 points
Rankine 2 goals and 20+
Laird 33 meaningless possessions

Reporter: "Matthew, another home loss, what are your thoughts on the game tonight?"

Nicks: "Credit to the Giants, they are a quality side. We weren't playing 'our way' early, and if you give a team like them a 5 or 6 goal head start, you'll always be playing catch up. I felt we worked hard to get back into the game, and our endeavour was there. A couple of moments there in the last quarter, if the decision goes the other way, or the ball bounces the other way, we are right back in the game, and possibly sitting here talking about a different result. We are still a young side, and this will be a good learning experience for them."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reporter: "Matthew, another home loss, what are your thoughts on the game tonight?"

Nicks: "Credit to the Giants, they are a quality side. We weren't playing 'our way' early, and if you give a team like them a 5 or 6 goal head start, you'll always be playing catch up. I felt we worked hard to get back into the game, and our endeavour was there. A couple of moments there in the last quarter, if the decision goes the other way, or the ball bounces the other way, we are right back in the game, and possibly sitting here talking about a different result. We are still a young side, and this will be a good learning experience for them."
“But Matthew a few weeks ago you said we’d had enough learnings?”

Will this add to the misery by winning? Or will a loss bring us closer to ridding us of this dodgy used car salesman? Will he be booed?

We are approaching near full strength so injury excuses won’t cop it, so what’s it to be this time? What will our illustrious leader come up? Nearest to the pin wins $1M!!

I’m going with:

Giants by 13

Crows by 9.

“We know what the issue is, the players are out of form, we are getting better, we just need to get our shape back, we need to be able to stop a sides momentum, we come up against a very good side and a great player, so great no one can stop him, the players are out of form, I’ll keep picking players who are putting in, even though we lost, sanfl players will get a game when they know our values, we’ve lost our ability to take the game on, the margin blew out as we took the game on and went for the win, the players are out of form, the sanfl players have issues to work on and they know it, they are so happy about it though, even though it might not look it, we feel we are making progress, oh did I mention the players are out of form?”

GWS will build a buffer early then hold stations. Don't think we'll be blown off the park, but we'll never actually be in the game. Just one of those games where they sit in second gear, bank the 4 points and get back on the plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back