Review R16: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowlights: Winning pointless games potentially reducing our draft hand. Realising Hamish is our recruiter so we'd probably mess up anything regardless.
Making Taylor the sub, **** off Nicks. Laird getting majority of CBAs.
Nicks get a W so less pressure on him. ROB apart from a brief moment of footballing in the second.
Himmelberg is just lazy, doesn't move no effort at all. Murphy WTF.
Not playing some of the actual talented kids we have in the AFL and persisting with absolute potatos so plenty of players are anywhere from 10-30 games behind in their development.
ALL of the above.

Loved their banner.

When we won meaningless games in back half of 2021 instead of tanking like a smart club would have.

Hence my comment in response to "learning to win". The same comments were made then too.
You know what wins games?

Talent.
No doubt, and we need more of it. But we were never finishing last that year

So don’t play him? Sholl and Dowling pretty well have the wings stitched at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah, you need 3 to rotate through anyway. Just play him further up the ground. He has the ability and talent

Jones breaks my heart. Have always held out hope for him.

I reckon he deserves a crack at a club where their development program doesn’t involve gaslighting the younger players.
Will probably end up back In Tassie

Jones breaks my heart. Have always held out hope for him.

I reckon he deserves a crack at a club where their development program doesn’t involve gaslighting the younger players.
I don't know if you could teach him how to play intelligent football. I think he's got white line fever and just goes on instinct, it's just that his instincts aren't very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a player like Taylor, who might be a very handy player get one quarter on debut I don't think is the right way to go about that.
Now a lot will be telling from selections next week and if players like Taylor and Dowling can continue to get games and if players like Curtin can get better opportunities that maximise their talent.
What I fear for next week: if Jones is fit, Taylor out immediately (welcome to being Nicksed and a quarter of AFL footy, and thanks for watching Murphy stuff it up for 3 quarters, out you go).

There seems to be some sort of strategy where Nicks thinks putting Laird in the middle I'm the last quarter to lock things up is a good idea.

This is a terrible strategy as not only has it failed every time, but it creates a negative mindset.

Please stop doing this and keep Laird at HB.

Bizarrely we aren’t as far out of the top 8 as I thought we were. If we didn’t have Brisbane, Geelong and Sydney all away I would still give us a tiny chance. You don’t have to be a very good team to make the top 8 this season.

It doesn't really matter whether FIVEaa callers disagree - obviously the club feels he's improved the results every year for four years and this year isn't clearly enough due to him.
Hang on. You say the club will have a clean out of assistants and in the same post say this year is an outlier because of those assistants

Apart from Hombsch its the same crew that improved year after year - are you suggesting Hombsch is the problem? Or the club does?

Because our backline has held up

Your story doesnt compute - its excuse making for Nicks

JHF is a gun but an interstater drafted to a shit club is always dangerous but they’ve got 2 quality players out of it. Reid is supposedly going to be on $1.5M in a couple of years and there was no flight risk. Compare him to who they picked up.

Rowell is a gun and leading comp for clearances and tackles.

But no one is saying one player will win a flag for you, nor is every no 1 pick a gun, stupid arguments you’re trying to make, but the more elite talent certainly helps.

Is carmo Neil Craig? Would explain his hair-brained economic philosophies. Stick to the bikes Carmo. Developing a flag winning list and economics just ain't your thang.

I’d much rather see Nicks hold the cup than be right that he’s a dud.
This!!
Problem: if he's sacked, we'll never know (and all my Crows-watching instincts want him gone :huh:).
If he's retained and doesn't win a Flag b4 being sacked it will be several wasted years and another rebuild and more years in the also-ran Wilderness :sadv1:.

If he does take us to a Flag I'll be ecstatic and never happier to be wrong ie all of my misgivings about Nicks were $hit, I was wrong, and we are Premiers??
You ****ing beauty!!:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Did someone link the bf board on Facebook or something? The happy clappers are out in force today.

I’ll make sure to enjoy the ‘we beat gws in june for our 5th win of the season premiership cup’ while nothing has changed at the club and we are going to continue to be mediocre until sweeping changes happen starting with the coach.

Sure you can enjoy the win, but you need to look at the bigger picture otherwise the FB comments section might be more suitable for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R16: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back