Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Body language in the VFL last week was terrible, no emotion when kicking goal, nobody went to him to celebrate, thinks he’s cracked the sads

Knevitt hit Mannagh lace out barely gave him any acknowledgment and no enthusiasm after kicking the goal. No one went to him either. Bad look. Then when Knevitt is alone in the forward line Mannagh kicks to him and misses him by 5 meters (or more!) and the ball goes out of bounds. Terrible! He was apologetic but horrible skill error. I personally think he’s overrated.

Glad to see Humphries and Mitch K in the side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You do realise we won centre clearances last week right?
When I say clearances I mean all clearances including around the ground. Last week it was Carlton 50 to Geelong 39 but it was the nature of the clearances where they smashed us.

Attachments

• IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
Sadly I can see it happening and that I’m not here for
Both have deserved a game by now and Knevitt has deserved more games over the past 2 seasons.
Very excited if they both start in the 22

We have asked for change and we got it, albeit a forced change with Hawk but good youth change none the less.
Rohan can't play a full game. He'll be sub surely

I like the changes , both Mulin and O Henry were terrible last week , offered basically nothing

Some are criticising Chris Scott for starting SDK in the ruck last week , yes if Blicavs had started in the ruck , Geel might not have been immediately under the pump

However long term ( or hopefully from this game onwards ) it might prove to be brilliant coaching by Scott , in that SDK ( yes he had the bad facial injury ) but he has played very ordinary football for quite a while now , made quite alot of errors , dropped easy marks , lost concentration and lost his opponent in the process . However his brother was super aggro to him in the ruck contest , that was sustained aggressive football for quite a while , and it might just turn SDK form and career around

He could on SAT night go back to FB and play with purpose ( like he use to ) and thus Blicavs could handle the ruck duties

Would’ve like Conway in as SDK would go to 2m. Who plays on him now?
I think SDK plays on him - didn't mind the ruck experiment ( 20 touches , 5 Tackles , 20 hit outs and a goal is quite tidy) but 2MP could do a number on JH ( Kolo to Stringer).
Blitz into ruck , Knevitt to the wing and Neale to give Blitz a chop out.
Very excited for Humphries - had a quieter game last week but still showed AFL awareness when disposing of the footy - I think his game will translate very well into the 1's eventually.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willo_ & CatToTheFuture

Get those Doritos ready

doritos GIF
Time to add Doritos to the thread name :joycat:

Happy with the 3 ins... But seriously, why were not playing a legitimate ruckman is bull💩 .. honestly iv got no understanding why we're not... As much as I haven't been a fan of Stanley, he would of been a upgrade. But it should be Conway in , and I would of been happy with the ins

Important opportunity for knevitt you would think. Been at the club for a while now but unable to maintain his spot. Contracted until end of 2025, 9 games left, weakened midfield. If he could find form at the higher level and string a decent block of games together for the remainder on 2024, it will set him up well for 2025.

Happy enough with the changes but am wondering why Conway isn't getting another run
Read an article today regarding three rucks in VFL last round. Conway has hip injury, according to the article.

Important opportunity for knevitt you would think. Been at the club for a while now but unable to maintain his spot. Contracted until end of 2025, 9 games left, weakened midfield. If he could find form at the higher level and string a decent block of games together for the remainder on 2024, it will set him up well for 2025.

He’s well and truly earned his spot. He’s a class above VFL level, hope he goes well.

Stoppage clearances were 35-22, and we just shaded them 15-17 in centre clearances, but their clearances were a hell of a lot more damaging than what ours were.
Thats the key thats overlooked, even in games where we weren't too behind in centre stoppages there were games where our stoppages were poor and to no forwards favor, and our opponents hit leading forwards.

Its quality and quantity at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back