Autopsy Rd 17 Blues lose to the bottom side after awful first half

Who played well in Round 17 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was certain of a 50 point win today .... certain ... then I saw the first quarter and thought ... why do I barrack for these fu**in* losers
Crows been playing not bad footy for the last month , it was obvious to me that if we didn't bring close to our best we would get rolled.. we didn't So we cop it on the chin.

Great culture is based around sustainable strong actions, wins and losses are purely results

Great culture is based around any number of variables. There’s a bit of chicken and egg at play, but there is very little to walk away with from season 2020 to feel confident our intangibles are solid and/or heading in the right direction.

Yeah, Ramsay and Ben Silvagni also

So there’s a few.

Point is, we had more players with 15 games than any other side.

Where other sides were managing players during short blocks of games, we kept ours out on the park.

Don’t think the players have been managed particularly well.

Would have been nice if they cleared it with the club first.........It didn't go down well

Who exactly didn’t it go down well with?
I’ve seen rival teams form guards of honour for people who’ve had nothing to do with their club.

Chairing of a former 200 gamer shows great respect.

Great culture is based around sustainable strong actions, wins and losses are purely results
Good culture will take a club where they want to go.
Great culture will take a club where they never thought they could go.

Developing a great culture is the hard part.

Great culture is based around any number of variables. There’s a bit of chicken and egg at play, but there is very little to walk away with from season 2020 to feel confident our intangibles are solid and/or heading in the right direction.
I ordered a chicken and an egg on line. They’re both being delivered.
I’ll let you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t argue with some of this. We have become a punchline.

But the Gibbs thing was ok with me. If anything, I think it reflects poorly on the crows. One of their players preferred his ex teammates chair him off. I’m not ok with that if I’m a crows person.

It’s only my opinion, and I know I’m in the minority, but Bryce is a champion of our club. And today showed where his heart is.
Sloane had a chat with Gibbs during the week and asked how would he liked to be chaired off the ground after the game

Gibbs preferred to have his 2 very best mates that were also in his wedding party chair him off....

Makes sense to me

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So there’s a few.

Point is, we had more players with 15 games than any other side.

Where other sides were managing players during short blocks of games, we kept ours out on the park.

Don’t think the players have been managed particularly well.
Definitely have not been managed well prior to and during the compressed fixture stage.

I remember Collingwood testing players vs North which nearly cost them the game but they were good enough to grind out a win.

Rested players returned next game and flogged us.....

From 12 months ago, I feel we are heading in the right direction

We have reduced, in fact eliminated, the floggings, like the one against the Cats late last year

We have become more competitive, not only in stats, but to the eye

Point swings/momentum is the major concern (this stops with Teague), hand in hand with our lack of speed/footskills.

I am confident we make finals next year, what happens after that, will become clearer throughout next year

Stated many times that the point swings need to be addressed by Teague, it's a lack of gears/tempo in the gameplan. Unless its addressed in the off season, we will break into finals, but nothing more

I make predictions, right or wrong, yet people want to debate that, rather than stating their own.

They can't analyze the game, so they fall back on the last 20 years, mental weakness, losing culture, it's all media cliches

Agreed, ‘culture’ ‘embracing mediocrity’ ‘losing mentality’ are all contrived as major issues until they aren’t.

I don’t hear anyone waxing lyrical about Port Adelaide’s losing culture anymore. I wonder why? I think it’s just far easier to blame these invisible forces and petulantly state the club is broken.

There are aspects that are holding us back, but you really have to seperate the macro from the micro. We aren’t losing games because Marc Murphy is bringing losing energy onto the field and John Barker’s still sitting up in the coaching box. These guys need to be replaced undoubtedly, but their involvement in our losses gets overstated on an almost weekly basis.

I’ll let today’s performance from players and coaches speak for itself, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of posters bring out the justifications and more important sugar coatings.
pouring-pile-of-sugar-sugar-pour-salt_3302047.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Blues lose to the bottom side after awful first half

Back