Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah as long as he adds to our structure and potency, would be disappointed if he replaced a tall or one of the 3 small forwards.

Would like to see a Waite for Mclean type change in a few weeks.;)

I'm looking forward to seeing Waite and Hendo up forward together :thumbsu:

The thing that annoyed me the most was how much ******* SPACE the north players had in the forward 50...how many goals did they run in under no pressure??

They were getting through the midfield like refugee boats on the way to Xmas Island. Kept on coming and we were powerless to stop them. It was only a few of their stuff ups and a bad bounce in the end that made the difference. Our defensive structures through the midfield fell apart.

Great games from the ones you would expect Simpson, Kreuzer etc.

The bit part/ role players need some praise for this one.

- Watson and McInnes keeping Black and Tarrant goalless was a fantastic return letting Henderson stay forward all night. Also Watsons very good defensive mark in the last quarter, with his left foot weapon we have a player there.
- Curnow's job on Harvey especially early kicking 2 very nice goals on him.
- Yarran and Garlett's tackling pressure was immense, loved the 3rd qtr show the amigos put on.

I would suggest that that was Lucas' best game so far. He is improving every week and I'm so much more confident when I see him going for a mark than I was 6 or so weeks ago. Persistence pays off! :thumbsu:

Also, I love how Simmo constantly offers direction to the boys around him, he's always coaching them and encouraging them. He's a true leader-both by example and with his words. So glad he's back in form and the beard can stay :)

Just want to ask this here....

Does anyone else see how often Chris Yarran is held off the ball (at least tonight)? As soon as he even looked like sniffing the play his opponent had a handful of guernsey. Never gets paid. Disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else see how often Chris Yarran is held off the ball (at least tonight)? As soon as he even looked like sniffing the play his opponent had a handful of guernsey. Never gets paid. Disgraceful.
Must admit Wick I haven't noticed it.

I guess I am too puzzled as to why when we have a guy under the pump we either get in his back, go to high or miss a tackle.....:mad:

Then there was also the times we caught them red hot and never got a call, but the former or above is much more frustrating for me.

I actually don't reckon Watto hit that torp in the second quarter properly.
One thing we do need to get better at is our kick ins from behinds. How many times did North mark our kick ins!? I lost count after a while.
That's why you took your shoes off?

Only joking. I could never hide under the doona. I'm liking the team a whole lot better in the last couple of weeks with the new inclusions and the forward line having more stability.

Agree on Simpson and his leadership qualities. I really wanted him to be the captain but I guess he can be our spiritual leader. Well he does have the look of a guru.

Even though we won the free kick count :eek:,

the maggots still killed us :mad:

Must admit Wick I haven't noticed it.

I guess I am too puzzled as to why when we have a guy under the pump we either get in his back, go to high or miss a tackle.....:mad:

Then there was also the times we caught them red hot and never got a call, but the former or above is much more frustrating for me.

Noticed this myself, little frustrating, some serious work needs to go into our tackling over summer.

We seem to struggle to hold em, or we tackle low (waist) leaving them free to dispose, or we just go to high.

Gotta wrap the arms boys and turn them to the side and drive the bastards down hard with controlled aggression.

I was watching the third quarter replay and still couldn't work out why Army didn't get the free kick but then again Jamo got away with a couple and Jeffy didn't really mark the ball as it hit the deck.

Onwards and upwards and to be fair we have had a good week overall. Players resigning, not too much damage in the press and winning 1) on a Friday night; 2) Winning at Eithad and 3) Winning over bogshite team North.

Noticed this myself, little frustrating, some serious work needs to go into our tackling over summer.

We seem to struggle to hold em, or we tackle low (waist) leaving them free to dispose, or we just go to high.

Gotta wrap the arms boys and turn them to the side and drive the bastards down hard with controlled aggression.

Cachia could teach the other boys a thing or two I think!

So now we like Henderson forward? :)
Had he not played forward in the past two weeks we may have well copped losses instead of wins.

It really is his best position and yet we haven't really worked out our forward structure just yet.
Garlett and Betts really should hang around nearby and they'll see plenty of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Carlton vs North Melbourne Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back