Game Day Rd 17 Roos v Freo (Sat 2.10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to win game of football when you can't hit a target by hand or foot.

Workrate is poor again, just playing for end of season.

We just can't handle the ball well enough to get the ball out of the middle.

I tell you what Rhyce's coaching is seriously under question also.

1) Do we practice zoning far enough off the opposition that they just about always retain kick & mark possession?

2) Do we practice making kick & marking possession decisions when the opposition is close enough to create a turnover?

3) Do we practice an absurd amount of handball early in games just to put ourselves under pressure, take momentum out of the match, and give our forwards pneumonia?

If ever there was a side that should go long down the line, kick more often from clearances and play man on man football, it's North ****ing Melbourne!!!

Rhyce's tactics are KILLING us.

geez, simpkin is so bad. spends more time flicking his hair into place then getting the ball
All players with flat feet and dropped heads. From the outset. Did they get some bad news or something before the game??? Where’s the shinboner spirit??

Had leg ups on and off the field, a gazillion first rounders in the last 15 years and one flag in the last 60 odd years between both of you.

Going to be fun watch your mobs be hovering mid table for the next 10 years.

We aren’t close.

We aren’t “just having a bad run with injuries”.

We do not have anywhere near enough young talent.

We are not climbing out of bottom 4 in 2021.

Just take the time you need to fix the list Brady. For f*** sake, no short cuts.
The young talent does exist...
But it requires good leadership to flourish.

Hard to win game of football when you can't hit a target by hand or foot.

Workrate is poor again, just playing for end of season.
Skills are appalling.
why do we handball instead of kick when we have the ball out of the contest. So many times we can quickly kick it 50 metres but we handball, fumble and turnover.

Wow - I dont think I have ever seen a North team literally just not interested in playing - not even attempting to feign a level of interest or competitiveness resembling a professional team.

Some fundamental problems in culture and leadership for this to be allowed to repeatedly occur - tanking or not; strange circumstances or not.

Major decisions to be made in the off season are required to turn this ship around - players, leadership, game plan, attitude - pretty much everything you can think of will need major work.

I am not making on assessment on Rhyce until we are hopefully playing our full compliment of players next season. Hoping we start to see improvement asap though.

Plus getting the list he wants

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had leg ups on and off the field, a gazillion first rounders in the last 15 years and one flag in the last 60 odd years between both of you.

Going to be fun watch your mobs be hovering mid table for the next 10 years.
Probably no need to get personal, I’m an all round footy fan. And am sitting here barracking for the Roos.
But I understand your mood at the moment. 👍

Once players lose interest and can see the end of the season it is very hard for the coach to motivate them . As many have said we are just trying things out now and seeing who is staying and who is going. Still sh*t to watch. I am just hoping we can score some more goals to make it a bit more respectable
You would think if some are playing for a contract they would work a little harder.

I know the players are not putting in today but is anyone entertaining the idea that Rhyce Shaw has no fu*king idea?

YES!

Is he jamming square pegs in to round holes with a JACKHAMMER!

We are are putrid , not sure we have any winners at all. Oh well, this is embarrassing. we clearly have put zero work into Freo and the way they play.

We've got Tarrant, McKay, Goldy, Larkey,Walker, Ziebell and Wood. Not sure who would win a sprint from the lot.Or take an overhead mark, Freo are controlling the skies with ridiculous ease.

We are fat and slow across the park, we have totally misread the direction AFL football is going.

Probably no need to get personal, I’m an all round footy fan. And am sitting here barracking for the Roos.
But I understand your mood at the moment. 👍

You don't need to tell us how bad we are at the moment mate.

We have eyes and ears.

Culturally, I think there's some big decisions to be made in the off season.

I think it's time for Ziebs to hand over the captaincy and focus on his footy.

From what I've seen, I'd be giving the reins to LMac or take a big, bold risk and hand it to LDU (a la Carey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back