Preview Rd 18 2017 Sydney v St Kilda @ SCG - Saturday 22 July (preview on page 8, post #191)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure rushing Hazy back is such a good idea for such a young bloke.

Also think Sinkers has earned his spot through good form in NEAFL (BOG etc).

Not just that but replacing Reid as the tall fwd/ruck chop out makes more sense if it's Sinkers than Hazy IMO. I'd rather not leave Bud as our only tall fwd this week...

Don't get me wrong, love Hazy. A lot. Reckon he'll be a gun. But 18yo, coming back from injury with little NEAFL form .v. the seasoned body who's been in better form & is a more like4like replacement? I know which one I'd be going this week.

Would rather see Hazy have a good solid patch in the NEAFL before gearing him up for finals anyway. Treat this period as preperation and a positive thing by our coaches. He's so important that we're being cautious with him. I think it's the right call myself.

I agree but I don't think Hayward is that important. That's the good thing we now have some solid depth running around in the NEAFL without it hurting the senior side much

See i don't reckon he does play his heart out, that's my problem with him. He just looks lethargic and lazy sometimes. It's not about your abilities but you just have to look like your giving your best effort (see Sammy the Dinosaur for example.)
I often wonder if you watch the same games I do. You might question his ability at times but Sinkers tries his guts out.

Sinclair makes sense as an incoming tall to replace Reid. But is appears Towers has to wait for a matching type of player to be injured

Maybe he's just so glacially slow it looks like he's not trying a lot of the time? Either that or he's just not giving his all. I'm hardly the first to have noted it

I thought it was more a fitness issue but I think he has got through that but was dropped when the structure needed a towers like player. Just a bit unlucky. His hands also got better throughout the year. Sinclair needs time in the majors as naismiths is not always going to be 100% like tipett. I don't mind if these guys play in rotation and then choose the right players when and if it comes down to finals. If Tipett was fit the whole year I reckon swans would be playing tipett and towers doing most of the ruck work with sinclair and naismith being rotated when needed depending on the opposition. Versatility is the key to this year in my opinion of course.

Sinclair can play a role no doubt about it and will definitely do his best. Deserves his chance this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See i don't reckon he does play his heart out, that's my problem with him. He just looks lethargic and lazy sometimes. It's not about your abilities but you just have to look like your giving your best effort (see Sammy the Dinosaur for example.)

disagree whole heartedly. Sinclair gives his all, his second and third efforts have never been a problem. Its his athletic and skill ineptitudes that let him down. Slow does not equal lazy and lethargic.

Sinclair in makes perfect sense. Keeps the team structure, he can just be a lesser version of Reid. Instead of clunking marks & kicking waywards he can drop marks and kick waywards
Hey, tell that to Billy Longer. ;)

e0562o2.jpg

Sinclair makes sense as an incoming tall to replace Reid. But is appears Towers has to wait for a matching type of player to be injured
Does he though? Does he clunk marks? Does he kick goals? Does he win the ruck? Can he play back? I'd say he doesn't and can't! I think they missed an opportunity to pick Dawson, who has the ability to kick goals and also play a midfield role in the forward line! Oh well, he'll just have to wait...

Does he though? Does he clunk marks? Does he kick goals? Does he win the ruck? Can he play back? I'd say he doesn't and can't! I think they missed an opportunity to pick Dawson, who has the ability to kick goals and also play a midfield role in the forward line! Oh well, he'll just have to wait...
I'd say on current form that's a yes to all those questions. Early in the season maybe not so much but his last few games in seniors were really good and he's been very strong in the magoos. He hasn't got Reid's hands but he'll make a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back