Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

lemme clarify, anyone with a non-Aussie passport.

Remember when Keating decided he was a Collingwood supporter? :oops:
He could just show his pommie passport... just like I would have done if I was there :p

Hendo is a gun.
Gibbs is a gun.
Yarran is a gun.
(all 25 and under might I add given we apparently only have a list of old plodders).

Doc is going to be seriously good. Nickey earn himself a full game.

Waite played the way he did because he was made to earn his spot (which he's never truly had to do before). It was good coaching. Waite wouldn't have played like that if he hadn't been dropped. Only Mick haters will say 'Waite should've never been dropped'.
Jeffy next please Mick.

Wood - broke even in the ruck but was the more influential ruck man around the ground for me. Has come so bloody far since I saw him being lapped at training in December. That tackle on Boomer was awesome.

Simmo - I seriously thought he'd be tagged out of the game with Walker out but he was back into good form. Love him.

Ed Curnow - Boomer probably had him in the first quarter but from then on he owned him. Kept Boomer to 1 second quarter possession. Love Ed.

Rowey - solid dependable defender. Tick to Mick.

Whitey - finally getting a serious run at it and we're seeing he is more than a capable player.

Juddy just showed patches of the old Juddster. With Gibbs & Murph dominating, Juddy doesn't need to be massive for 4 quarters. We can afford to have him making cameos if he's fulfilling his role.

Menz injury is certainly a downer on things + Dre's. Fingers crossed for both.

By the way - Hendo's match worn jumper is now 3/3 (including the win Hendo wore it in) for 15 goals from Hendo (Dogs, Stk & Norf). I guess I won't be framing it any time soon.

Don't even wash it.

Graham's bump was impressive ... A really good sign -- not the bump itself as such, but the awareness and intent!

Everything I've seen of Nick screams leadership. Not the quickest but is good on either side and reads it well. The passage of lay that led to his goal was just smart football.

But the most impressive thing is the reports of his demeanour and desire to improve.

Nick showed some wonderful signs last night. That bump and recovery to run to receive and goal (and not an easy shot either) was as good a play you can see from a mid.

Then there was that dinky little clever pass off the outside of his boot, on the wing, I think. His footy brain looks as good as it has been reported to be and seems to be handling the increased speed of AFL nicely so far. Please keep him in.

Re. Fremantle game.

Seems that some will get opportunity they may not have got but for injury.
Everitt and Menzel will be missing with knee injuries and Robinson will likely get suspended.

Wood and Graham will most certainly stay and;

Garlett/Johnson for Menzel?
Holman/Buckley for Robinson?
Carrazzo/McLean for Everitt?

Keep wearing that bad boy. Can't break a winning superstition.

My sister bought me a new carlton beanie today. Its 1/1
finally got to wear my heritage jumper last night watching the game... with my nice #50 on the back.

Hopefully, I will get to wear it soon at a game...

Re. Fremantle game.

Seems that some will get opportunity they may not have got but for injury.
Everitt and Menzel will be missing with knee injuries and Robinson will likely get suspended.

Wood and Graham will most certainly stay and;

Garlett/Johnson for Menzel?
Holman/Buckley for Robinson?
Carrazzo/McLean for Everitt?
Sorry, but for mine, don't think Brock should get another crack at it. The others certainly need a chance and in Jeffys case another chance. Bring in Jeffy for WA game, family etc. if that doesn't get a fire in the belly then I don't know what will.

Goal of the night for mine was Nick Graham.

Busted a gut to lay out Goldstein to create room for Murphy, hits the deck, gets up, runs to space for Murphy who is in trouble, receives the hand pass and slots it beautifully 40 out from the boundary.

A fantastic goal.

Everything you say there was right, 'cept 'twas Simmo.

Sorry, but for mine, don't think Brock should get another crack at it. The others certainly need a chance and in Jeffys case another chance. Bring in Jeffy for WA game, family etc. if that doesn't get a fire in the belly then I don't know what will.

I'd sooner get games into others than Brock and Carrazzo for now but on-ground leadership will be wanted.

Having said that though Graham and Buckley aren't particularly shy either. Forgot to mention Armfield. Always a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the game (had a 40th last night :mad:) impressed with Waites game.
Wood could be handy...gotta back it up.....i was smirking when i saw him marking..
Best win of the year, geez you'd love those efforts weekly.....4 quarters bout time.

*great to see our forwards kick bags.

Nah, you were dead wrong when you said it the first time and now the 20th time you are still just as wrong. Give it a rest.

I don't know what to tell ya dude. i was 100% correct and the proof is in the pudding. and if you weren't such an arrogant campaigner about it then I would give it a rest.

Well done and well played Carlton. We were beaten by a better side on the night.

(Why do you guys play your GF against us?!) :p ;)

Tuohy has been ******* rubbish all year. He has deserved to be dropped for the last 10+ games. I honestly have no idea how he is still in the side. Jamo-rowe-white-walker-yarran-simpson is a much better back six. You could argue that we need one less rebounding defender (e.g pick two of yarran/simpson/walker) but all of those players are more than capable of playing up forward as well.

Tuohy sucks, he can't play a lock down defensive role and he makes poor decisions coming out of defensive. When he does push forward he always takes the selfish option (kicking from outside 50) even though his form suggests this isn't the right decision. Walker is a gun and gives us a lot of run out of defense, what we need is somebody who can play a lockdown role on a small forward. I think buckley might be able to do this, but his situational awareness isn't up to statch at the moment.

Good win by the boys. Glad to see our forward take some nice marks and work well together. Very pleased with Rowe's performance as well. Have to admit I was wrong about him and looks like he'll be a very good defender when the midfielders give him a decent chance at defending!

Irish has been out of sorts most of the year. Brings tude and aggression.

Would play 1AW forward if we can develop options down back.

Agree on Bucks & Rowe.

All 4 have the attitude I want to see in the navy blue.

Loved that we were unsociable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back