Preview Rd.18 West Coast Eagles vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get onto youtube and watch some cricket from the 50's and 60's where the players did not go mad when success came their way. On a 100 a batsman (not a batter an Americanism I hate) would merely bow his head and raise his cap. A bowler getting a wicket would smile a bit.

Get Freddie Trueman getting his 300 wicket and the Aussies were more excited than his team mates,
I would get a little vomit in my throat each time Davey Warner would do his jump and fist pump in the air… that fella is everything that’s wrong with modern day cricket.

Managed to get the family along to the captains run. Nice little crowd of lions supporters with plenty of kids.

As usual the lads were exceptional in hanging around after it for the fans. Harris last to leave!!

They did their usual run throughs. No one was missing so all looks set to go as named. Looking forward to WAsh having a good hit out, he’s been working his way back nicely.

PS Darragh is a fine young man, spent some time with us saying hello to my 10mth old. Also Brucey Reville continually thanking everyone for coming along, an absolute gentleman

Didn’t realise. Also really thought one of you quoted yourself here

Nunez

Happy Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

I think we just need to manage the game tempo tomorrow. The eagles will not be able to sustain a four quarter onsalught. We just need to recognise when they're coming and manage the game accordingly. Teams that lose the week after a coach sacking generally either get jumped or are brought down to the other teams level and stuck in the mire.

I think we just need to manage the game tempo tomorrow. The eagles will not be able to sustain a four quarter onsalught. We just need to recognise when they're coming and manage the game accordingly. Teams that lose the week after a coach sacking generally either get jumped or are brought down to the other teams level and stuck in the mire.
Yeah good call i reckon. Maybe the way we played Melbourne at the mcg - patient build-up and get plenty of possession. Especially if they get up and about.

The sacked coach teams have a good record in the last few years only 50/50 in the past 10 so that implies 2014-18 their record was ordinary. It could ebb and flow considering the small sample size

This is a massive game now given other teams wobbling. And confidence in 2024 is clearly hard to hang on to, look at carlton. Win this and every chance we knock off sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back