Game Day Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we could lose this one at the selection twble going so small.

Or its a masterstroke.

But i feel its probsbly the former. We will see.
I don’t think we will be hurt forward of the ball as Rohan and Henry more than capable in contests in these conditions.

And they have a plan for how to deal with dogs tas forward. Let’s see if it works

Yes and no. I kind of feel the most important player in a wet game is the ruckman. There will be heaps of ball ups and they are the one who have the most influence over it.

The tall fowards tend to have less impact in the wet though.
With only Blicavs as a ruckman, given we need DeK on Darcy, we are undermanned. I don't see this as a win for us. Could be master coaching by CS, but I don't see it, and I think their overall team is more balanced tonight than ours, hence a Doggies win.

That was such a basic bitch explanation of center bounce stoppage set ups from Bont and Libba. No extra insights beyond what any random moron in the stands could offer. Pointless.

With only Blicavs as a ruckman, given we need DeK on Darcy, we are undermanned. I don't see this as a win for us. Could be master coaching by CS, but I don't see it, and I think their overall team is more balanced tonight than ours, hence a Doggies win.
I disagree.

Blicavs/SDK sharing ruck with one of them dropping back should be enough in the wet. A lot will come down to how J.Henry and Kolo perform. Overall we still have more weapons forward than they do tonight. Including about 3 more high quality small forwards.

Scott still hasn't convinced you of his game day nous Vdubs?

There's a strategy here.

Be reckless......back us to win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like scott is trying to be too tricky with selection when he didnt need to be. We are in form and have the better list. We didnt need to try crazy coaching moves. It might pan out but it feels like an arrogant move by the coaches to not trust the players to get it done.

We'll go with SDK in the ruck

Then it'll be Henry on Darcy, JK on Naughton and trusting someone else to pick up JUH

They'll back in the system

It feels like scott is trying to be too tricky with selection when he didnt need to be. We are in form and have the better list. We didnt need to try crazy coaching moves. It might pan out but it feels like an arrogant move by the coaches to not trust the players to get it done.
Who are they not trusting?

They've given Neale a rest (who copped a nasty one last week) and Henry a chance.

Then they've swapped 2 lower tier midfielders for each other - one absentee forced (Atkins) and one omitted (Clark).

They're not wild changes at all.

Help me make sense of your thinking Seeds.

You run teams off their feet in dry tracks. Not slow tracks.

You crash and bash and scrap on slow tracks.
Not when you're playing a fleet of quick smalls, and they're playing the land of the Giants.

I know your whole MO is being contrarian for the sake of it, but it's a pretty simple premise.

Hope we don't need too many bail out kicks, we have near zero height ahead of the ball. Knevitt helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back