Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Therein lies the problem on this board, you could have asked me why do I feel this way or explain further. Instead has cast aspersions about the person resulting in multiple gullible people to agree (be better). An erroneous dispersion as well. Where did I say I was unhappy about the season??

2022 left me contented and largely happy with what has occurred since. This year has highlighted there is a large group of players in need of being pushed aside, and mostly have earned the respect to be spoken about in revered terms, but in 2024 they're now contributing little. Stanley, Blicavs, Tuohy and Hawkins fit this bill.

The 18-25 group are the ones not yet warmed to, for the most part, there are a couple I quite like, but not many that I'd be confident at this stage could be in our next premiership team.

Damn shame that Neale hasn't been able to slam the door shut on Hawkins returning, has well and truly left that ajar. Ollie Henry must kick his 2-3 a game to justify his long periods of going missing.

Could in depth on most of the players this year but now feel as though more holes have opened up in the team as the season has gone on and that Bailey Smith alone will barely move the needle for us. Retirements in 2024-25 will only open up more holes yet to have replacements present themselves, either internally or from another club.
Welcome to watching young players develop. It's not all smooth sailing.

As it stands, we're ranked 2nd for under 23s according to Champion Data, and have the rising star in waiting in Dempsey.

Laugh at it all you want, but we're doing okay.

Neale, Dempsey, Humphries, Clark, & Conway in particular are kids. I really don't know what you're expecting.

Sub 30 games for the lot of them, with most of them sub 20.

SDK, Bruhn, Henry, & Holmes have been around a bit longer, but have still shown more than enough.

At this stage, most reasonable supporters would be happy enough with 'flashes' and some of them are delivering much better than that.

We're unlikely to have a Sheezel, Daicos, or Reid, but that comes with the territory of not having top 3 picks.

If you can't handle players not looking like superstars in their first 30 games, then I suggest you just tune out while we're rebuilding the side.

We're doing okay, just enjoy the ride.

Welcome to watching young players develop. It's not all smooth sailing.

As it stands, we're ranked 2nd for under 23s according to Champion Data, and have the rising star in waiting in Dempsey.

Laugh at it all you want, but we're doing okay.

Neale, Dempsey, Humphries, Clark, & Conway in particular are kids. I really don't know what you're expecting.

Sub 30 games for the lot of them, with most of them sub 20.

SDK, Bruhn, Henry, & Holmes have been around a bit longer, but have still shown more than enough.

At this stage, most reasonable supporters would be happy enough with 'flashes' and some of them are delivering much better than that.

We're unlikely to have a Sheezel, Daicos, or Reid, but that comes with the territory of not having top 3 picks.

If you can't handle players not looking like superstars in their first 30 games, then I suggest you just tune out while we're rebuilding the side.

We're doing okay, just enjoy the ride.
Was there anything better than watching Dempsey keep the ball in, pass it to Stengle, Stengle pass it back to Dempsey, Dempsey have a steely gaze, size up the goal then see the better option and Humphries go bang!

That stuff means more than a 10goal win

I am still yet to be convinced. Has time on his side and you'd hope a decent 2025 is around the corner. But he is sitting at 7 goals from the 5 games Hawkins has missed injured.
It's a long journey from where he is to where he needs to be but I think he's on the right track.

The only time tonight where I thought he made a mistake was when he and Henry were in a marking contest and both made space for the other leaving I think Keane to take an uncontested mark out the back.

I think he's shown more or less continuous improvement.

Last edited:
Kolo and Bews in defence is a surefire way to kill fluent ball movement and ramp up turnovers and soft goals.
Not sure what the brains trust are thinking there but it's a strategy that will snuff out any hope of figuring in the finals.
I'd say 2e is more of a liability at the moment. Bews looks a little chubby, I like Kolo

Kolo and Bews in defence is a surefire way to kill fluent ball movement and ramp up turnovers and soft goals.
Not sure what the brains trust are thinking there but it's a strategy that will snuff out any hope of figuring in the finals.

I'd like to see our defenders actually contest the ball, instead of standing back and idly watching the ball coming in as they did too many times tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could be. Far from guaranteed.
Agree, there are no guarantees but he has size , will get stronger and has a very accurate kick.
He was a State 400/800 metre runner and has great balance and athleticism- the attributes are all there plus he’s only jus turned 22.

It's a long journey from where he is to where he needs to be but I think he's on the right track.

The only time tonight where I thought he made a mistake was when he and Henry were in a marking contest and both made space for the other leaving I Keane to take an uncontested mark out the back.

I think he's shown more or less continuous improvement.
I've been here a lot longer than you and have plenty of memories of myself, and even more from others pumping up young players only for it to end with a fizzle so I am far more circumspect now at rating fresh talent. Parsons, Kersten, Mitch Brown, GHS, Constable (who once got a 'Universal Love' based off a preseason game)... among others that I need to see it consistently now before being convinced.

1. You seem to have far more of an issue with how I follow this club than most. Try to pull up anything remotely critical or negative. Guess you like the conservative boring types. I have never been afraid to say things that may be controversial or could go against the grain. and so long as we have the 16th (yay we went up from 17th) best midfield then none of them will get praise from me. It is an unacceptable standard.

2. Patronising me rarely ends well, for the initiator. Won't hold back giving a piece of my mind in return.

3. Telling me what or how to do it ends well even less often. I'll do and say what I want when I want, and how I want.

As for the majority of this post however, superfluous. Completely and utterly redundant comments. I have been contented by our last flag to just watch football for enjoyment and not the anxiety of September expectations. And this comment and the players you've listed shows you have paid little attention to most of what I have said on those players listed, which is another reason the comments are redundant.

Hint: SDK, Henry, Holmes, Humphries, Dempsey and Conway are players I have for the most part had a litany of positive things to say about.
Lmao grab yourself a glass of water and have a lie down.

Read this aloud to yourself tomorrow morning and you'll realise how cringeworthy this shit is.

You're a dude on a keyboard, just like everyone else here.

Even though Neale only kicked one i really liked his game today

Provided an outlet multiple times
His marking was very good especially that contested grab for his goal
Kept running all day and his second and third efforts were impressive
It's a must at KP to have some tall targets.

Credit to the Adelaide Crows; they were one clearance away from consigning us to oblivion.

Their tall forwards challenged us; Jake Kolodjashnij, who is a great match up for no less than Charlie Curnow, struggled all night long whether opposed to Riley Thilthorpe, Tex Walker or Darcy Fogarty.

SDK looked in decent touch early, and Jack Henry nullified a number of potent Crow thrusts, but we looked troubled and vulnerable in the D50.

Fortunately our own dangerous forward line looked puissant from the moment the team entered our F50.

O'Henry threw himself at marking contests with reckless abandon, Shannon Neale provided some serious shape and spine.

Their workrate and discipline afforded Jeremy Cameron, Tyson Stengle and Ollie Dempsey the license to probe and attack.

For the duration of the match I wondered and weighed as to whether Jack Bowes should have been assigned the Sub role; with Dangerfield, Stewart, Bruhn, Atkins and Bowes all in the rotation (+ Blicavs, + Holmes) for perhaps the 1st time this year it might well have overwhelmed Adelaide earlier.

Tuohy should have been the sub with bowes in the MF. Luckily we got away with it.

We've been worse. We actually beat them through the middle, just turned it over regularly and we did so while pushing our defenders right up to HF. We gave them a ton of Joe the gooses.

Need to hold a deeper defender back.

Tuohy should have been the sub with bowes in the MF. Luckily we got away with it.

It was maybe the 1st opportunity for close to 2 years to really push that MF depth for once; all of Danger, Holmes, Blicavs, Atkins, Bruhn and Bowes fit and available.

Tuohy probably a better option for sub as you say PO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back