Game Day Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what age is it too old to be fan girling?

I booked this trip out west a few months ago, worked out the best value hotel (extra sale at the time) and all that sort of stuff

I just shared a lift with Mannagh & Bruhn - not sure who didn't get in as they wanted to return to up and not go for the morning walk

Outside was Neale, chatting with someone sitting in a car who happened to be Jack Henry - not sure who was driving, but they were all happy to have a laugh

I didn't recognise Mannagh at first - it was when Bruhn got in and spoke that it twigged. And Tanner has a nice smile
Never too old!

You’re NEVER too old to be fangirling!

It’s thrilling to go on interstate footy trips + see the players.

Enjoy it + be bold, talk to the players, they’re always delightful, especially when you go interstate.

Give Miers a big hug 🤗 from me
I was going to say to cats_09 that Zouz Kitty would say go for it.

I was going to say to cats_09 that Zouz Kitty would say go for it.
😹 😹 😹

Absolutely 😻

Have the happiest memories of footy trips + every player was so amazing. Very happy to talk to supporters + were delighted I’d made the trip from NSW.

cats_09 will love the interaction + so will the players 😻 😻 😻

Out of curiosity, what age is it too old to be fan girling?

I booked this trip out west a few months ago, worked out the best value hotel (extra sale at the time) and all that sort of stuff

I just shared a lift with Mannagh & Bruhn - not sure who didn't get in as they wanted to return to up and not go for the morning walk

Outside was Neale, chatting with someone sitting in a car who happened to be Jack Henry - not sure who was driving, but they were all happy to have a laugh

I didn't recognise Mannagh at first - it was when Bruhn got in and spoke that it twigged. And Tanner has a nice smile
On a serious note…the players (younger ones in particular) actually do really love that subtle show of support on the road. A good luck or other show of support I know can feel embarrassing at “our age” but those players early in the career love to know they are supported not just by the kids.

They will be leaving for the ground I reckon about now? From your hotel?

On a serious note…the players (younger ones in particular) actually do really love that subtle show of support on the road. A good luck or other show of support I know can feel embarrassing at “our age” but those players early in the career love to know they are supported not just by the kids.

They will be leaving for the ground I reckon about now? From your hotel?

The team bus is outside - just left with this edit

Mackie, King & Rahilly are sitting in the lobby bar with someone I didn't recognised - all 3 Geelong guys looked good

The hardest part this morning is that the 2 players only got in on the 1st floor heading to the ground floor - I didn't really have long to process who had walked into the lift, because I try to give new people into shared space some space. So it was only as we were about to get out I realised who I was sharing with 😂

Last edited:
The team bus is outside

Mackie, King & Rahilly are sitting in the lobby bar with someone I didn't recognised - all 3 Geelong guys looked good

The hardest part this morning is that the 2 players only got in on the 1st floor heading to the ground floor - I didn't
Cats getting in Josh Treacy's ear - You heard it here first!

Rohan O'Henry Neale all playing together.
Rohan and O'Henry understand their role
Neale must play the Power Forward role.
Less leading away from the goal square
More contesting the incoming long high ball
One on one shoulder grabs and Pack marks
Use size and strength to engage their KPD
Simply focus on bringing the ball to ground
Stengle Close Mannagh Ollie will be waiting

YES!!! Do it!

I made Chris Scott draw a cat on my guernsey. Still wondering if he’s ever seen a cat 😹 😹 😹

As a kid I wouldn't second guess myself and just do it

I remember getting a harsh word from my parents one night - I had finished eating dinner & was told to go to the lounge room so my parents could talk

There's a knock on the door and I recognised the guy as Gavin Excel, so of course I let a football player in

Apparently I shouldn't have done that and instead got my parents so they could invite him in rather than me walking him into our family room with them still eating dinner 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few Freo fans are on the same bus - the good thing about that is I just have to follow them to get off at the right stop to get to the game
I’m jumping on a scooter with my wife then doing the walk over the bridge.
Sitting at a Irish pub and seen a few buses and supporters go past

As a kid I wouldn't second guess myself and just do it

I remember getting a harsh word from my parents one night - I had finished eating dinner & was told to go to the lounge room so my parents could talk

There's a knock on the door and I recognised the guy as Gavin Excel, so of course I let a football player in

Apparently I shouldn't have done that and instead got my parents so they could invite him in rather than me walking him into our family room with them still eating dinner 😂
🤣🤣🤣

No! 🙀

It was Gavin Excel 😻

I’d let him in too 😹

Back to the game...

This is actually pretty massive.
It's business time now. 2 of Freo, Cats, Bris, GWS will be kicked out of the top 4 this weekend.
As in, lose. And top 4 is gone.

I actually think that Neale will be the key. Just get it to him 3 times and I'm calling 3 goals.
That will force Freo to adjust. And thats what we want so that our smalls can get off the chain.

James Rahilly on KROCK

Dockers will be a battle - MF will be hard to contain and their consistency is high

No Treacy and no SDK prob cancel each other out.

Young Brayshaw and Serong will be guns and we need to get on top. Wont be easy.

We try and limit damage from the opposition but we have to play our game too - but this week its gonna be a task.

Oppo teams been working on Stewy - we need to shift him around and make the matchup hard for him.

Will get a MF run but also will be down back.

WA big ground so we need to eatch the Freo Hback as well. The way we defend will be really important.

Bewsy stiff to miss out - not a lot wrong last week but in Best 25.

Parfitt - injury apparently but not everyone knows what it is.

Blues VFL accurate and that hurt us.

Gonna be hot

GO Catters

James Rahilly on KROCK

Dockers will be a battle - MF will be hard to contain and their consistency is high

No Treacy and no SDK prob cancel each other out.

Young Brayshaw and Serong will be guns and we need to get on top. Wont be easy.

We try and limit damage from the opposition but we have to play our game too - but this week its gonna be a task.

Oppo teams been working on Stewy - we need to shift him around and make the matchup hard for him.

Will get a MF run but also will be down back.

WA big ground so we need to eatch the Freo Hback as well. The way we defend will be really important.

Bewsy stiff to miss out - not a lot wrong last week but in Best 25.

Parfitt - injury apparently but not everyone knows what it is.

Blues VFL accurate and that hurt us.

Gonna be hot

GO Catters

Following the Bulldogs clash, it was reported in multiple locations that Parfitt had a broken hand - I'm guessing its that, and after trying to play through it, they've realised it's not really going to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back