Preview Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103 - Teams post 151

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 23 v Fremantle - Prematch Selection & Discussion

love us or hate us, victorian or western australian..nobody can deny it, there has never been an injury list like ours since the AFL began in 1987 (or whenever it officially became a national game).... all year we have copped it, and whilst i dont like the way harves has brought it up every weekend, there is merrit to the whinge, every week we lose 2-3 players, and it is never a Jay van berlo type, it is always a mundy/ballantyne/barlow/sandilands type.. still thats the game we play.. and nothing excuses lame weak as piss efforts like the last 3 weeks.

good luck this week guys, you wont need it, to be honest i enjoy watching quality sides play good footy, so i hope you dont get any injuries and absolutely smash west coast week 1 of the finals and get what you deserve which is another grand final visit/flag :thumbsu:

I wish the blokes on the saint kilda board were this nice. You freo supporters are welcome to post here anytime.

Just on this, I think a coincidence is precisely what it is. Brisbane scored heavy because our midfield and forwards went to sleep defensively allowing Brisbane to just waltz in. Not sure what Reid could have done about that.
I watched the last q again, which tended to confirm what I thought. the 1st goal they got directly involved Keefe's man, and I think the 2nd or 3rd also involved Keefe (Reid's replacement of course) being a couple of paces behind the goal kicker.Apart from direct goals, the absence of Reid's (and maxwell's) leadership probably had a big effect on the backline every time it went near them.
I think Keefe will be a good player but he's a fair way off just yet, maybe next year. He's 6'8" and very mobile - compare Reid who is 6'4". So potentially could be a devastating weapon if he develops as we hope. Reid has elite accelleration for his size so not sure if Keefe can match his speed - in which case doubtful he will ever be quite the star defender that Reid is, but maybe could become a great mobile ruck/forward.

Freo's injury situation is unfortunate but is a relief for us, virtually sews up top spot as long as the away squad is not complacent, which could have a huge domino effect going into round 24 (by taking pressure off and allowing resting some players) and on to first final vs WC.
The alt worst case could have been a loss away to Freo, grueling loss to Geelong to be knocked off the top, then a tough game vs Hawks in 1st final - a classic "wheels fall off the juggernaut" (aka colliwobbles) scenario and tragic waste of all the months of good work.
Next week is still the most important game so far, but losing it would be unbackable.

I know we have high expectations after this year and last, every match I go to I expect to win. Obviously we can't win every week by over 10 goals but I really expect a dominant performance on friday night. Fremantle are barely able to get players on the park and the players they will be missing will leave holes everywhere. I know that we will win but it's not about winning, we need some groove back and really have another solid four quarter match.

In a funny sort of way I am quite looking forward to Friday night. Happy to see the best team in action and in a black humour Freo way we will have fun.

Just don't embarrass us. A 10 goal win is enough.

What about you leave Pendlebury, Thomas and Swan at home so they are fresh to smash West Coast into submission week one!

Freo may be the only supporters who hate another club worse than Collingwood... a lot of them even seem to like Collingwood which is even stranger.
In a funny sort of way I am quite looking forward to Friday night. Happy to see the best team in action and in a black humour Freo way we will have fun.

Just don't embarrass us. A 10 goal win is enough.

What about you leave Pendlebury, Thomas and Swan at home so they are fresh to smash West Coast into submission week one!

Massively excited about this one! In perth and got tickets.

Haven't been to a Pies game for about 3 years. The last time was to watch the Hawks beat us in 2009.

So the last win live was about 4 years ago. With the dockers injury list I am feeling ok.

Hope we win, go pies.

Massively excited about this one! In perth and got tickets.

Haven't been to a Pies game for about 3 years. The last time was to watch the Hawks beat us in 2009.

So the last win live was about 4 years ago. With the dockers injury list I am feeling ok.

Hope we win, go pies.

I hope the boys turn it on for you.:thumbsu:

Freo may be the only supporters who hate another club worse than Collingwood... a lot of them even seem to like Collingwood which is even stranger.

yeah, i certainly dont hate collingwood, i appreciate the fact that your mob plays a great brand of footy. that last quarter against the bombers was just unbelievable... i appreciate colllingwood the same way i appreciated brissy in their 3-peat years (sorry to bring that up ;)), and the same way the bombers were in 2000. we dont get the over-saturation of the big four vic teams in WA so i guess that probably helps... what we do get is non-stop self serving west coast puff pieces day in day out :mad:

i hate the eagles, i want to see them lose convincingly in every endeavour that they persue. i really hope you guys teach them a lesson week 1 of the finals, really embarrass them :thumbsu::)

yeah, i certainly dont hate collingwood, i appreciate the fact that your mob plays a great brand of footy. that last quarter against the bombers was just unbelievable... i appreciate colllingwood the same way i appreciated brissy in their 3-peat years (sorry to bring that up ;)), and the same way the bombers were in 2000. we dont get the over-saturation of the big four vic teams in WA so i guess that probably helps... what we do get is non-stop self serving west coast puff pieces day in day out :mad:

i hate the eagles, i want to see them lose convincingly in every endeavour that they persue. i really hope you guys teach them a lesson week 1 of the finals, really embarrass them :thumbsu::)

puff pieces heheheh good one! :D

Anyone give Seedsman a chance to play this week?
Freo arent a physically big team especially with their outs and Subi might suit him. I'm thinking he probably won't due to our INs and the amount of kids we already have in the side but stranger things have happened.

Anyone give Seedsman a chance to play this week?
Freo arent a physically big team especially with their outs and Subi might suit him. I'm thinking he probably won't due to our INs and the amount of kids we already have in the side but stranger things have happened.
You never know. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a fair few players out of this game, but in saying that would we debut more guys or give the ones who played last week another game?

love us or hate us, victorian or western australian..nobody can deny it, there has never been an injury list like ours since the AFL began in 1987 (or whenever it officially became a national game).... all year we have copped it, and whilst i dont like the way harves has brought it up every weekend, there is merrit to the whinge...
Wrapping players in cotton wool coz u missed the finals doesnt count mate. Harvs has every excuse available. Still laughing at him playing the "We have the toughest draw and its the AFLs fault" card.

Smash em pies, smash em hard!:D

Looking forward to this one:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports tonight just reported that Jack Anthony will play
Cue Simpsons quote " the 2 greatest words in the english language DE-FAULT!"

Sports tonight just reported that Jack Anthony will play

Great news, really looking forward to seeing how Jack goes.

This would be about his third game for the year? and from memory he hasn't done a lot yet.

Not sure what contract he signed, think it was a for a couple of years, but either way, a big one wouldn't hurt him.

Love to see him kick five in a losing score, but Taz or Reid will likely have his measure.

The games I've seen him play, they don't exactly go looking for him which makes it pretty tough ( if that is the case)

I know this will sound strange, but I'm worried about this game.

That Brisbane game has shaken my confidence in this sides ability to go back to back to the core.

That Brisbane game has shaken my confidence in this sides ability to go back to back to the core.

Have no fear friend. The Brisbane game was exactly what we wanted.

Our resolve to succeed in the finals will be strong.

We went through a similar 'lull' late last year and as much as MM talks it dow, we will flick a switch in week 1 of the finals.

21 August 2010

Collingwood 6.18.54 def Adelaide 7.9.51

I take it you didn't watch that game last year? We were twice as bad that night compared to against Brisbane (from memory we trailed by 3 goals early in the last quarter), not too mention that Didak tore his pec off the bone that night!

The main difference between last year and this year was that our only best 22 player not playing that night was Ben Reid (replaced by Anthony) and Saturday night was missing 7 first choice players.

I realise you're ever the pessimist, however we're tracking perfectly for back to back and its just the media that are trying to cause problems for us. Some may say we have injury issues, but I'm 100% confident Butters will have it sorted come business time :thumbsu:

Peace Ed - we did enough to coast through EXACTLY the same way we did enough to coast through last year, don't lose faith in the boys all is going to plan - even the injuries have unearthed Fasolo and a few good possibilities.

21 August 2010

Collingwood 6.18.54 def Adelaide 7.9.51

I take it you didn't watch that game last year? We were twice as bad that night compared to against Brisbane (from memory we trailed by 3 goals early in the last quarter), not too mention that Didak tore his pec off the bone that night!

The main difference between last year and this year was that our only best 22 player not playing that night was Ben Reid (replaced by Anthony) and Saturday night was missing 7 first choice players.

I realise you're ever the pessimist, however we're tracking perfectly for back to back and its just the media that are trying to cause problems for us. Some may say we have injury issues, but I'm 100% confident Butters will have it sorted come business time :thumbsu:

Yeah I'm aware of that. I was at that Adelaide game last year and it INFURIATED me. One of the most frustrating games I've been to.

I haven't watched the Brisbane game yet, still worries me too mcuh as to what I'm going to see. My dad says we were in cruise control for most of the game, so I guess I'll take his word for it.

Friday night's game should tell me a lot more about what the deal is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back