Preview Rd 23 Geelong V St Kilda Say Aug 17 2024 730 pm @ Deadpool Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cats have made two changes as they prepare to take on St Kilda at Marvel Stadium on Saturday.

Mitch Knevitt has earned a recall to the AFL side following a strong performance in the VFL last week, collecting 32 disposals and booting two goals against Carlton.

Gary Rohan has been added to the line-up after being a late withdrawal against Fremantle.

Tanner Bruhn will miss this week after entering the AFL’s concussion protocols, while Zach Tuohy has been managed for the clash with the Saints.
The Cats will head to Marvel Stadium for the first and only time this season, when they take on St Kilda on Saturday night with the opening bounce at 7.30pm.

The match will be broadcast live and free on Channel 7 from 7.00pm. You can also catch all the pre-game build up and match coverage live on K rock Football from 6.00pm.

Round 23

St Kilda v Geelong
Marvel Stadium, Melbourne 
7.30pm AEST
Saturday August 17

In: Mitch Knevitt, Gary Rohan

Out: Tanner Bruhn (Concussion), Zach Tuohy (Managed)
1723710393296.png

How many times has Tuohy been "managed" this year? Why can't we just call it what it is: "omitted".

Technically, managed is a more accurate description of how they're handling Tuohy - if he's not playing seniors he's watching from the sidelines, it's not like he's being missing seniors to play VFL instead

I just read what Rossie had to say , " Where not mucking around the final 2 games "

Unfortunately i call smell an upset a million miles away

Seeing there is so much riding on this game for Geel , thus i dont think i will put myself through the stress of watching this game live

Just click on after the match is complete and hopefully Daz has got , Cats thump Saints by a single point , ha,ha,ha

I just read what Rossie had to say , " Where not mucking around the final 2 games "

Seeing there is so much riding on this game for Geel , thus i dont think i will put myself through the stress of watching this game live

Just click on after the match is complete and hopefully Daz has got , Cats thump Saints by a single point , ha,ha,ha
You said similar before the NM game but were quite bullish for the Freo one.

You're all over the place Gogg!

Technically, managed is a more accurate description of how they're handling Tuohy - if he's not playing seniors he's watching from the sidelines, it's not like he's being missing seniors to play VFL instead
But is he missing games cos he needs a rest and would play otherwise or because he doesnt fit in the best 22 for certain weeks? At his age there is no value in playing every week so may as well rest him if he is dropped.

Ollie Henry truthers wrong again.

Knock me down with a Zac Guthrie hair toss.

I had him missing only due to how sore he looked after that landing on Saturday - he had a decent limp that night, but taking him being named that he's pulled up ok

It definitely was an impact thing rather the necessarily being a soft tissue concern - it was then all about recovery this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to think the Bulldogs game was the wake-up call we needed, but the lapse in the Crows game was a little disturbing. Felt we played pretty well last week, Freo were always going to have patches where they got on top.

I'd love to think the Bulldogs game was the wake-up call we needed, but the lapse in the Crows game was a little disturbing. Felt we played pretty well last week, Freo were always going to have patches where they got on top.
I think the crows will beat port this week and suddenly our win against them gets a little better.

**** the saints and their boring shit football.

Whats the situation with SDK?
Brett Johnson, 13/8/24
"Sam has been managing a knee injury, more particularly with his patella. He has had a minor procedure today and we expect him to miss one-to-two weeks.
“It is unfortunate for Sam, but he is ready to tackle his rebab head on. We look forward to seeing him back in the coming weeks.”

How many times has Tuohy been "managed" this year? Why can't we just call it what it is: "omitted".
Because every time he has a week off he doesn't play VFL like omitted players do and is then promptly recalled the next week.
textbook 'managed'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back