Game Day Rd 23 vs Adelaide: It's only football

Remove this Banner Ad

To the dance floor!

xGKIU3q.gif

I'm pretty sure that's the hardest gurning I've ever seen

Unless Peter Garrett took 17 pills and I didn't see it

Can anyone actually believe the last 3 wins and the Pies debacle happened within 1 month of football? I can't remember a bigger form turnaround from us.
I swear something happened in that second quarter against Freo. We've looked unbeatable ever since.

Where's the ****ing Smart Replay, AFL.com???

Anyone got a replay???

Anyone else still slightly in shock?

No, just pleased that what happened was my optomistic "glass half full" hope for how the game could pan out.

Last night was almost the 'perfect storm' for the Crows.

I thought we had a good chance simply because it was the week after the Showdown. History shows both teams tend to be a bit flat after those big local derbies and this game it looked exactly that in the first quarter and most of the match. On top of that:

1. Crows lost their best contested mid in Sloan.
  2. Jacobs is obviously struggling with that ankle (then again Eagles lost Naitanui and Lycett was also playing hurt)
  3. Crows had a 6 day break (but didn't need to travel)
  4. Eagles were starting to peak after two really good wins over top four opponents.
  5. Crows had played some softer teams in the past month (bar Port last week) and may have been overly confident.
  6. Crows big distractions during the week with the Bett's Bannana Gate and also Sloan suspension.
So the indicators were there. Shame none of the so called media experts saw any of that other than the Eagles were coming into a bit of form. None of them tipped against the Crows.

Well it did last for two hours and I felt like having a cigarette after the game. (And I don't even smoke):D
I walked past Barrass at the local subway and the same thing happened to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on a clinical win last night and good luck in finals.
You played for each other and disposal by hand and foot was spot on, we just looked lazy and uninterested.
You're in great form.
Cheers for that. I am sure your team will bounce back - hopefully not against us !

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rd 23 vs Adelaide: It's only football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back