Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
  • Yarran punching an Essendon player. Just wish he'd done it to the other 21 and their coach.
  • Cripps. Will be a beast.
  • Byrne. Looked really composed and quick. Changed the whole mood of the team.
  • Judd. Still clearly our best player
Negatives:
  • WTF has happened to Murphy? He's crap.
  • WTF has happened to Hendo? He's crap (though to be fair, he was a bit better today)
  • WTF has happened to Jamo? He's totally crap. He's lost it. Needs a few weeks in the twos.
  • Gibbs is a soft gimp. So sick of him. He looked good last year but this year he's back to his soft, seagulling best. Piss him and his attitude off.
  • Leadership non-existent again.
  • Our skill levels are ATROCIOUS. So many missed kicks and handballs.
  • I'm sounding like a friggin' broken record, but WHAT IS DOING WITH OUR ENTRIES INSIDE 50? Is Brad Green our Forward coach? Sack the useless prick. Since Fev left, our ONLY strategy for going forward is a long bomb on the top of someone's head, preferably if that someone has two defenders hanging off him. HOPELESS STILL. This shit has been going on for too long!
  • Judd. Still clearly our best player.
Overall a very disappointing day.

agree Judd & simpson are still our best players

cripps , docherty ,everitt plus menzel & buckley are the future

byrne's looked good

i said earlier henderson , gibbs & murphy all need to lift

casboult is a worry

As much as Chappy gives me the ******* shits I am annoyed at Yarran. We need our best players in next week against the Saints to hopefully get our first win of the season, the last thing we need is Yaz sitting in the stands.
There's a way to show you're a tough guy without punching someone off the ball.
Agreed. It wasn't required. He will learn from it.

He did own chappy though :)

As much as Chappy gives me the ******* shits I am annoyed at Yarran. We need our best players in next week against the Saints to hopefully get our first win of the season, the last thing we need is Yaz sitting in the stands.

Heard the umpire say to Chappy when he walked him to the beach " I don't want those elbows in the back"
So he probably did something pretty bad.

At least the boys had a crack today...I just wish we could kick straight.

I don't know MEB. There was a fair bit of argy, bargy and Chapman was quite happy to engage with Yaz. It was a glancing hit at best and he's connected with the fleshy part of the brow. It might be my one eye but I think I detected a head clash in the fracas.

I don't know MEB. There was a fair bit of argy, bargy and Chapman was quite happy to engage with Yaz. It was a glancing hit at best and he's connected with the fleshy part of the brow. It might be my one eye but I think I detected a head clash in the fracas.

Have you seen the video since? He hits him in the face and at a minimum will be gone for one week.

I thought it was great that the first gamer seemed to have a positive effect on the playing group. Byrne seems to look the part. He doesn't look like a guy who has learned the game over the a couple of years. He used either foot in general play and that's an advantage not many have these days. Decision making was encouraging and his switch of play in the fourth quarter was the most decisive for the day. I liked his enthusiasm and I do think he energised the playing group. Looks pacy as well and don't we need speed in all parts of the ground.

Have you seen the video since? He hits him in the face and at a minimum will be gone for one week.
I did see the vision. Channel 7 showed it 6 times before quarter time. The not so smart brother of the AFL Chief harped and harped about it. Do you think the hit caused the concussion time out? I doubt it but I might be one eyed. I'd be happy with one week but this will be talked up because throwing a punch and connecting is rare these days. The footage itself is not conclusive but the blood will be a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that was a beauty.

Did you see Goddard sook to the ump. :p
I saw that... pointing at his weak chin and having a massive sook... if I had been there, I would have been hanging over the fence calling him a wimp and a sook and telling him that he just got taken out by Bryce Squibs... if Bryce Squibs... what does that make him...

I did see the vision. Channel 7 showed it 6 times before quarter time. The not so smart brother of the AFL Chief harped and harped about it. Do you think the hit caused the concussion time out? I doubt it but I might be one eyed. I'd be happy with one week but this will be talked up because throwing a punch and connecting is rare these days. The footage itself is not conclusive but the blood will be a problem.
Regardless of how many times it was replayed I don't appreciate that one of our best players has put himself at risk of suspension when we really need him. He shouldn't have punched him.

I saw that... pointing at his weak chin and having a massive sook... if I had been there, I would have been hanging over the fence calling him a wimp and a sook and telling him that he just got taken out by Bryce Squibs... if Bryce Squibs... what does that make him...
Well it is Autumn and the leaves fall to the ground. Goddard likes to maximise these situations.

What concussion. :rolleyes:

Most likely a 'ploy' form Hird to make it look 'serious' & get Yaz suspended & I wouldn't put it past him.

I dont think that Chappy bothered him much with elbows in the back after that... and it definitely put him in his box unless he had an umpire there protecting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back