Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarran putting Chapman down was a breath of fresh air. Carlton could do with a few more shows of who is boss all over the park - every week - week after week - I was angry that no other Carlton player got stuck into Chapman and let him know all about it..a pity Gibb's bump was accidental - but Goddard's pathetic carry on reminded us all what class act he isn't..

More Carlton we want more.

and whoever replaces Yarran can do exactly the same thing to anyone too much in his space..

Ill give you the positives

Carlton destroyed Essendon in clearances and contested possessions.. destroyed them...
the same team that beat up n Hawthorn...

now get rid of the lousy ball users - and replace them one by one with better..

Yarran putting Chapman down was a breath of fresh air. Carlton could do with a few more shows of who is boss all over the park - every week - week after week - I was angry that no other Carlton player got stuck into Chapman and let him know all about it..a pity Gibb's bump was accidental - but Goddard's pathetic carry on reminded us all what class act he isn't..

More Carlton we want more.

and whoever replaces Yarran can do exactly the same thing to anyone too much in his space..

Ill give you the positives

Carton destroyed them in clearances and contested possessions.. destroyed them...

now get rid of the lousy ball users - and replace them one by one with better..

So you want a revolving door of suspended players?

It was interesting today. I didn't go the game. I was out in the back yard until two minutes before the game started. At half time I went outside again as I was not interested in the half time wrap. I watched the game until the final siren and turned the coverage off immediately. I was pretty calm from go to woe or so I thought. I decided to go for a bike ride and I kitted up. I put the heart rate monitor on and my HR was 132 (normally it would be in the low 90s). Apparently I wasn't as calm as I thought.

Maybe it was your alter ego furious he got a glimps of you/him in lycra?

Punching someone in the face is not what's required, which is my whole point. You said "Yarran putting Chapman down was a breath of fresh air"--not if it means he's gonna be in the stands for a week or two.

Chapman tried going toe to toe with Yarran and he got owned.

I'd rather Yarran give it out then the other way around.

Punching someone in the face is not what's required, which is my whole point. You said "Yarran putting Chapman down was a breath of fresh air"--not if it means he's gonna be in the stands for a week or two.

I wish Murphy had punched someone in the face - years ago...I also enjoyed watching Judd smash a few Essendon players today - he is smart enough to know how to do it..

I understand your point re Yarran being suspended - my point is different - I am saying I don't care..and I also suspect that there was some provocation involved..

I wish Murphy had punched someone in the face - years ago...I also enjoyed watching Judd smash a few Essendon players today - he is smart enough to know how to do it..

I understand your point re Yarran being suspended - my point is different - I am saying I don't care..and I also suspect that there was some provocation involved..

Provocation schmovocation. This board used to go nuts over Waite getting sucked in and then suspended. Obviously a punch is different to a headbutt but it's the same principle.

Prove you're a tough guy by putting your ****ing head over the ball, not your fist into someone's face. We need a win. We need our best players to help us get one and our biggest chance is next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dislike piss weak dog acts from guys like Hodge and Ballatyne when they hit blokes who aren't looking.

Yarran owned Chapman face to face.

Provocation schmovocation. This board used to go nuts over Waite getting sucked in and then suspended. Obviously a punch is different to a headbutt but it's the same principle.

Prove your a tough guy by putting your ******* head over the ball, not your fist into someone's face. We need a win. We need our best players to help us get one and our biggest chance is next week.

I never ONCE condemned Waite for any suspension . He was always one of the few who actually backed his team mates up and went for square ups - loved the aggressive Waite ..if there were more like him - he would have been suspended less because blokes would be sharing work around.

Yarran has turned the corner in his game - not 100% right yet in defence - but much harder at it - he is a chance for AA this year - we wnt more liek him to step up on competitiveness and agression . winning is a process.

Prove your a tough guy by putting your ******* head over the ball, not your fist into someone's face. We need a win. We need our best players to help us get one and our biggest chance is next week.

Waite didn't head butt anyone.

He grazed his head against some Melbourne spud in a game we were winning easily.

I dislike piss weak dog acts from guys like Hodge and Ballatyne when they hit blokes who aren't looking.

Yarran owned Chapman face to face.

Totally agree - wish there were more like him and Walker and Armfield and Buckley and Cripps..and Judd ...

Oh please. Waite got sucked in regularly and you know it.

Doesn't matter for me MEB- my point holds - Carlton has been bullied for years...today we lost - but weren't baeten for four quarters.

Simpson is tough and he doesn't punch people in the face.
Holman is tough and he tackles like a monster but he doesn't punch people in the face.
Bell doesn't let anyone push him around but he doesn't punch people in the face.

It is possible to be a tough guy without hitting someone off the ball, regardless of whether or not you're face to face. It's unnecessary and disadvantages us next week.

I just want to see some youth and run in the side.

FB: Buckley Jamison Touhy
HB: Simpson Rowe Docherty

C: Yarran Gibbs Everitt
R: Kreuzer Judd Curnow

HF: Murphy Henderson Walker
FF: Menzel Watson Casboult

Int: Cripps, Whiley, Byrne, Boekhurst

If only :(
Who would you drop from today? I didn't see the game. I can see Carrazzo is gone but pls refresh my memory on the others :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back