Autopsy Rd 3 - Lacklustre Blues go down by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused, did I mistakingly quote you?

Not sure.

No. You had a go at a post and then wrote that you otherwise agreed without quoting anyone. I was wondering what you were replying to, sorry.

I saw a player run 2-3 paces and bounce the ball tonight. And he was anything but in the clear.

If you can't get the basics right I don't know how you can get the more sophisticated right.

The good
Cuningham

The usual suspects try hard

The bad

Ordinary footballers playing an ordinary brand.

SPS. I called it last week and the week before...looks like he doesn’t want the hard footy.

Transition.....doesn’t exist
Run.....none
Pressure....none

Polson, mullet and lamb are not AFL quality players and should play VFL

I hope Marchy gets better

Kerridge for Polson
JSOS for lamb
Schu/O’Brien for mullet

Sorry but it's not the numbers. He looks so far out of his depth it's hard to watch. Is a player who needs time and space and where he and this midfield are at, he isn't going to find it

He was better today than in rounds 1 and 2. Not just numbers but got some run and had some impact.

Won't be dropped. Which shows how much you know....

Bottom line is it was always going to take 5-6 years before we are a genuine threat
Soap, that is a ridiculous way to defend these results. You know full well that's not the roadmap.

Exactly, man up Jimmae, money where your mouth is
Real men (and adults in general) look the reality of the situation square in the eye and tackle the problem head on.

You on the other hand, are an idiot.

If Lang is ready, I'd be okay with Dow having a spell to regain some composure.

But replace Dow with Kerridge or Graham?

We're slow enough as is.
Kerridge is mildly slower in terms of top speed, but runs the game out far better and can double up with his running everytime. Graham isn't in the same postcode as Kerridge as far as I'm concerned.

Dow needs 25+ possessions at VFL speed to work out the kinks. A couple of matches like that and he's back in.

Long term, there's an opportunity for SOS to carve out a midfield utility role but he's at day 7 of a 300-day journey, so Kerridge plays.

There's opportunities tomorrow for McKay and O'Brien as well.

I am going to overreact and we are far off.

We just lost to a side that played Aish, Maynard, Philips. How much would we have lost by if Elliot, Moore and about three other half decent players whose names I can’t remember were in the team? And, yeah, we fought it out. Well thank fudge for that. The players gets paid to “fight it out”, actually they get paid to execute basic skills and show some effort.

I have no idea what the answer is. But right now acting calm doesn’t seem appropriate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Missing Williamson, Pickett, Lang, Byrne, Docherty for starters ... Marchbank injured ... Kreuzer and Kennedy underdone ...

The good
Cuningham

He usually suspects try hard

The bad

SPS. I called it last week and the week before...looks like he doesn’t want the hard footy.

Run.....none
Pressure....none

Kerridge for Polson
JSOS for lamb
Schu/O’Brien for mullet

Bingo.

Not sure about the last one though.

What is he capable of?

You are intelligent enough to know Doormat, he is trying to instill a more attacking game style. We could go back to last year, have another 6 or so wins and be "competitive", yet the progression would be the same. Takes courage to do what he is trying to do, many would say stupidity, but in the long run it will serve us well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soap, that is a ridiculous way to defend these results. You know full well that's not the roadmap.

Real men (and adults in general) look the reality of the situation square in the eye and tackle the problem head on.

You on the other hand, are an idiot.

Kerridge is mildly slower in terms of top speed, but runs the game out far better and can double up with his running everytime. Graham isn't in the same postcode as Kerridge as far as I'm concerned.

Dow needs 25+ possessions at VFL speed to work out the kinks. A couple of matches like that and he's back in.

Long term, there's an opportunity for SOS to carve out a midfield utility role but he's at day 2 of a 1000-day journey, so Kerridge plays.

There's opportunities tomorrow for McKay and O'Brien as well.

I guarantee you Dow will stay in the seniors.

Whats sad is we never really mounted a fightback. No enthusiasm, real hunger for the ball or opponent was displayed at any stage. It smacks of poor leadership.

Murphy is a reluctant Captain, always has been. He took on the job reluctant and introverted, and he still is. I dont think ive seen him direct or instruct a teammate on the field. Is virtually silent

it's funny listening to a lot of the negative stuff right now because I actually don't think we are that far off.

Coming into the season we knew we were a big side. That's not a problem in and of it self if you can generate enough run from your smalls. This is what is currently killing us. Lack of runners. So much easy, un-pressured ball coming into our defence that it doesn't matter who is defending. No easy ball coming into our forwards and easy rebounds from the opp.

Take into account the personnel and this is not suprising..

On our list, this is who I consider AFL standard runners:

Simpson
Murphy
Docherty
Cuningham
Pickett
Lang
Byrne
(usually takes around 12 months to get up to speed after big injury)
Williamson
Fisher

We are light on in that area to begin with, but over half of our runners are unavailable!

We have as many injuries as a side like Collingwood, but all our unavailable players just about are concentrated in an area which is critical for us.
In the coming weeks we’ll get Willo and Lang on the park, looking forward to it

The good
Cuningham

He usually suspects try hard

The bad

Run.....none
Pressure....none

Kerridge for Polson
JSOS for lamb
Schu/O’Brien for mullet
If we want to improve our kicking efficiency Kerridge should come nowhere near the seniors.

I stand by my comments..

Take the second quarter out and it wasn't so bad.

Not sure what happened but whatever it was needs to be addressed as it was in the second half (where we won both quarters)

It is very significant that they were injury depleted while they were thumping us.

Players to drop:

Lamb, Jones, Mullett, Polson (we gave him another game and it hasn't worked)

Thought Dow still tried to push through. Not sure if he's ready for AFL but we lack so much depth in the midfield not sure we can afford to drop him.

Nobody has mentioned Garlett.

Has barely laid a tackle in 3 weeks. Clearly worried about his shoulder. If you watch closely he is also shirking some contests to protect himself.

We can’t continue to play players that just won’t tackle or put their body on the line.

Sigh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 - Lacklustre Blues go down by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back