Autopsy Rd 6, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Just great to get on the board!!! Darcy Gardiner is the bloke I like the most from our new draftees, he is going to be an absolute jet. Aish was outstanding, still trying to equate him to another footballer, just not sure who yet. Robertson is just tough as nails, he is a winner of the footy, I reckon we have an upgraded Colin Sylvia at his best in him. Tom Cutler has a lot of Marty Mattner about him. Let's hope we have a premiership rebounding defender in him one day!!!

I think the Aish comparison you are looking for is Simon Black

Zorks has really stepped it up this year. Love his enthusiasm around the ground. 24 disposals and 12 tackles of which 2 were run downs judged holding the ball.

For someone described as a pure stopper by a lot of draft watchers, I thought Gardiner's skills were very tidy and he seemed pretty composed.

Sent from my Pip-Boy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Robbo made a few errors at the end but bloody hell he worked his ass off all day and a lot of those errors towards the end of the game came as a result of him being incredibly tired. I can't help but love the bloke already. He busts his gut for the team and he looks to be a real player.

19a1y7rtdggxegif.gif

For someone described as a pure stopper by a lot of draft watchers, I thought Gardiner's skills were very tidy and he seemed pretty composed.

Sent from my Pip-Boy
yeah that bullet pass to the chest of a forward (cant remember who) leading out was brilliant

Oh yeah I must give credit to the magician Dayne "Tinka" Zorko. He is an absolute jet! Great game from him tonight. I also have to give credit to his partner in crime Josh Green. He proved just how important he is to the Lions by coming in and having a big impact tonight.

I reckon Robbo will be dirty on himself for a few errors but he shouldn't be. That first half should give him huge confidence about his ability to make a mark at this level.

Yeah he was everywhere in the last unfortunately he appeared to just be too buggered to pick up the pill.

Lots to like about the performances of some of the young guys tonight. Aish, Taylor, Gardiner, Robertson were particularly impressive. Really liked Raines and Adcock tonight as well 100% effort. I think Rocky might have been tagged tonight. (Well obviously) Unusually quiet game for him.

Cutler > Docherty
West > Longer
Robertson >>>>>> Raph Clarke > Karnezis
We are awesome!!
Cutler to Yeo
Clarke and karni are not fans of contact, don't get the comparison, Robbo has played more than them both combined.
West and longer enough said
Doc who knows but we have Squizzy, different positions

Robertson plays at an intensity level which probably would be best served having this year in the 2s, being fresher to get in the gym etc. But, he is playing ones, he is doing a good job, but he has an undersized body for the role he plays and I would think he will probably be sore until Wednesday. Robertson has a bit of the swans Josh Kennedy about him, remember it took 5 seasons for him to become a regular senior player, it also took Jobe Watson close to 4 seasons before he became a regular. Robertson is a good talent. He is an upgrade on Lester, even though Lester is a good player to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 6, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back