Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a sneaking suspicion this might happen...

They've had, across the last three years, an average winning margin against us of 56.66. We had no Kreuzer, and our midfield setup is completely reliant on him to ensure that the ball comes down to where we want it. We had no Simpson, instead playing Murphy down back. We had no McGovern, who is generally the one who has stepped up when we've needed a spark ahead of the ball this year. They - North - have gone from shocking form to merely average, and if you examine the age demographics in their teams as listed by The Old Dark Navy's above, you'll see a team in prime age (with 12 players between the ages of 23-27). We also do not match up against big bodied midfields generally and dominant ruckmen specifically. This needs to be looked at a bit; how can we cultivate a clearance setup that compensates for an opposition's size whilst minimizing the impact of losing the taps if that's what's going to happen.

Beyond that, this'd be pretty close to the youngest we've been all season, coupled with our genuine worst performance. It's never as dark as it seems, but at the moment it seems pretty bloody dark.

It really does. Losing a general down back in Simpson, a physically developed backman in 26 year old Newman, a physically developed McGovern and a centre square physical colossus in Kreuzer is a huge deal.
Needs to be not underestimated how much losing Kreuzer alone hurts us.

Watched him live last week in Launceston having more impact in close than even Crippa, single handedly buffeting the ball to his mids and taking opposition bodies with him. None of our other rucks come close to replicating what he does in the clinches.

Well, we put ourselves under a hell of a lot of pressure moving forward from this. Coaching staff, match commitee, list management and players will all have a lot to answer for until they win another game. AFL media and fans love the jungle drums, they will be well and truly beating now.

Youth shouldn’t be an issue against mediocre sides if we are truly moving forward.

Yawn

Another day another loss - no structure no cohesion - players clueless. Numbers around the ball, on the spread, hunger, want, gut running, fight, tactics, strategy all missing again.

Seems I am watching 98% of games in replay.

Its not the coach though!!

Very disappointing day. We were the youngest we have been but the effort can't be condoned. Very disappointed in some of the "senior players" especially

Efforts of Cripps Walsh & Fisher were good. That's about it. Congrats to Stocker on his debut and Willo got through

Hope Jones is okay. Awful to see.

Important that we bounce back next week. That effort can't be tolerated :mad:

....................................................................!
That about sum's it up.
Just show us something boys.

Sorry Murph, I have loved you as a player and captain who has given many years of great service, but I think time is up mate.
Said with a very heavy heart :(
In a very young team, the club needs you to stand up like Daisy does week in week out, but your body just cannot do it anymore.
Not sure if having you forward is the answer, as you cannot stick a defensive tackle, and your lack of attempting to do so is obvious from the tv vision.

Murph is not on his own, just think his time is done.
Please prove me wrong Murph, as I really hope you do.

Last season Brisbane had a heartbreaking loss to Port, putting them 0-3. They followed it up by scoring 17 and losing by almost 100 against Richmond. They didn't get a win till round 9. I'm not convinced we're on a similar upwards trajectory but with available evidence you certainly can't say we aren't. **** happens when the youngest team in the comp plays the oldest team in the comp.
Except they were playing Richmond the reigning premiers not a bottom 6 team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete clean out of the coaching staff needed. The fact that a team almost entirely composed of first round draft picks can take. The field and have no system or structures in place is inexcusable. The fact that our skill levels are STILL extremely poor is inexcusable.

All the positivity from the last couple of rounds is completely gone and we are staring at yet another wooden spoon.

Player retention will become an issue if we don't start winning games, and I can't see us winning many more games this year.

Just the worst possible result.
What about the list management team?
The team we put out there today was probably worse (and less experienced) than last years barring Walsh.

Two years in a row they've refused to get capable mature bodies in the door.

Biggest positive is the comp is so even we will still knock off a couple of teams ala the Bulldogs a few weeks ago, but we’re clearly still comfortably the worst team in the comp, and as was the case last year even just a couple of injuries to key players leaves us extremely vulnerable to the point of being completely uncompetitive for long stretches of most games.

Had a sneaking suspicion this might happen...

They've had, across the last three years, an average winning margin against us of 56.66. We had no Kreuzer, and our midfield setup is completely reliant on him to ensure that the ball comes down to where we want it. We had no Simpson, instead playing Murphy down back. We had no McGovern, who is generally the one who has stepped up when we've needed a spark ahead of the ball this year. They - North - have gone from shocking form to merely average, and if you examine the age demographics in their teams as listed by The Old Dark Navy's above, you'll see a team in prime age (with 12 players between the ages of 23-27). We also do not match up against big bodied midfields generally and dominant ruckmen specifically. This needs to be looked at a bit; how can we cultivate a clearance setup that compensates for an opposition's size whilst minimizing the impact of losing the taps if that's what's going to happen.

Beyond that, this'd be pretty close to the youngest we've been all season, coupled with our genuine worst performance. It's never as dark as it seems, but at the moment it seems pretty bloody dark.

I'm staying out of this one, but the "team in prime age" was on the bottom of the ladder! I'm sick of this age bullshit

Very disappointing day. We were the youngest we have been but the effort can't be condoned. Very disappointed in some of the "senior players" especially

Efforts of Cripps Walsh & Fisher were good. That's about it. Congrats to Stocker on his debut and Willo got through

Hope Jones is okay. Awful to see.

Important that we bounce back next week. That effort can't be tolerated :mad:
Didn't Willo cop a knock, thought he sat out towards the end?

God., hope he's okay.

Jones too, defence can't take a trick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Back