Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going post once and once only here today because I never suffer a loss well.

This was utter tripe dished up by all and sundry including (especially) the coaching staff.

I will start off with the coaches:

FMD.

You are getting SMASHED in the CP in the first 10m mark of the first quarter but we set up a smiley face stoppage Carlton side of goals...……

Again...
Again ….
Again …..

North walked away from the stoppage each and every time.

The one in 10 odd that happened when we actually "won" the ruck contest, ie the ball moved towards our goal , the Norf players HB's pushed up to create options in case that first carlton possession was ineffectual.

Barker and Stanton need to pull their bloody heads in and not choose PLAN A (ie leave it to Cripps everytime).

STOPPAGES WERE A ****ING DISGRACE TODAY.

Defensive Structure B4 Jones when down.

Serious? Coaches chose this? Get Jones to play BEHIND his man when the campaigner is 6'7" with an arm reach of 1.2 something meters. And.... rely on the chopped out coming from the SIDE!!!! Not 10 meters in front limiting his leading patterns. IE protect the leading ball drop zone …...

101 coaching.... AMOS I rate you but today was pathetic.

More to follow..... I'm still ropable.

Missing the big bodies of kreuz, Gov, and Newman killed us.

Maybe selection was wrong? Setters and Kennedy?

Whatever with selection, that was a putrid effort and I don’t think it’s Bolts’ fault.

And Marc Murphy, thank you for your service now **** off.

This will be a recipe other teams will copy against us: tough physicality to put a young side on the back foot. The youngsters are going to have a tough time from now on. They’ll all be pretty sore tonight.

Good on the club for bringing a **** ton of early draft picks in the team, so we’ve at least got a baseline of talent to work from, but FMD there’s no way I thought we’d be losing to the bottom by 10 goals 4 years into the rebuild.
Thats where people have made the mistake. We are at our youngest. I just dont know how people think we are meant to be beating seasoned teams chock full of leadership?

We have cripps and not much else. Murphy has gone even softer and never really should have been a leader.

We took on a massive rebuild and we aren't out of the woods yet. Next year will also be frustrating when it comes to wins

Time for the club to make a call on Murphy.
He offers nothing, sets a poor example to the younger players with his lack of commitment to the contest.
Can’t believe he got a 2 yr deal.
MC need to make the tough call, bet they won’t
Until there is someone better at NB’s he stays in, regrettably. It sucks, but it’s reality. He does set a poor example which is really galling.

I'm staying out of this one, but the "team in prime age" was on the bottom of the ladder! I'm sick of this age ********
Less an excuse - our performance was deplorable - but an explanation as to why we were getting out muscled like crazy around the ball. We couldn't control where the ball drop occurred - A Phillips is not an AFL ruckman, and while Goldstein is on the way out he was once the best around - and so the ball constantly went away from Cripps and that's the game. We couldn't tackle them to ground or break the tackles.

It's an issue that confronts the fitness department and the coaching, how to avoid capitulating the second an opponent is bigger and stronger than our skilled but smaller mids. Youth is a factor, but it cannot be the only one, and there is no excuse for capitulation.

We looked off after the first 5mins

I don’t get it that’s a leadership thing isn’t it?
Plowman, Cripps, Murphy are all in the leadership group?

The only one that led by example in the first quarter was daisy

Perhaps bringing in both stocker and willow wasn’t the smartest thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete clean out of the coaching staff needed. The fact that a team almost entirely composed of first round draft picks can take. The field and have no system or structures in place is inexcusable. The fact that our skill levels are STILL extremely poor is inexcusable.

All the positivity from the last couple of rounds is completely gone and we are staring at yet another wooden spoon.

Player retention will become an issue if we don't start winning games, and I can't see us winning many more games this year.

Just the worst possible result.
What about the list management team?
The team we put out there today was probably worse (and less experienced) than last years barring Walsh.

Two years in a row they've refused to get capable mature bodies in the door.

I dont know what hurts more, loosing by small margins or getting absolutley smashed as we did today......the players looked absolutley confused playing the game today.....disappointing apart from Walsh, Cripps, Fisher and Thomas......we have Collingwood next week and thats going to be another molestation....Bolton clearly outcoached again today......performances like this will clearly get the natives restless.....

Thats where people have made the mistake. We are at our youngest. I just dont know how people think we are meant to be beating seasoned teams chock full of leadership?

We have cripps and not much else. Murphy has gone even softer and never really should have been a leader.

We took on a massive rebuild and we aren't out of the woods yet. Next year will also be frustrating when it comes to wins

We got rid of any senior players with trade currency, and this is the end result.

I don’t think Bolton is the man to bring us to greener pastures, but it takes years for a young team to internalise a game plan and develop a level of understanding and cohesion together.

The injuries and constant personnel changes are just further extending the rebuild timeframe.

Just so people are aware how young we were today:

Games (this round) - Carlton - Brisbane - GCS
0-50 ---------------------- 14 ---------- 7 --------- 9
51-99 --------------------- 3 ----------- 7 --------- 8
100+ ----------------------5 ----------- 8 --------- 5

Like I said earlier in the week, we played one seriously young side vs a harder bodied side, and paid the price. We got monstered in close, and smashed on the outside.

That said, I didnt tick a single box in the OP's poll other than Thomas who looked like the only player out there that gave a shit.

What an absolute ****ing disgrace. 5-6 players turned up with intent. Shit decisions and poor structures that weren't addressed. Sick of being sold false bullshit messages by the club. I know we were young but it's been long enough to not be seeing that display vs that team after this many years.

Left at three quarter time only for the train to be severely delayed. All round shocking day

Serves you right for leaving early. I never do no matter how painful watching the game is. My immediate feeling is that today comes second only to the Freo game last year in term of “sitting it out”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Back