Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe people on here just want to point the finger at the coach.. how old are you? its modern day football and it doesn't work like that anymore, so many elements to the equation that you clearly don't understand.
yep yep yep yep ............

Angry pills again GS.

Take a deep breath.
rub him out - he just gives everyone the shits with his "I've played the game" fairy-tales and mouth foaming.......

Just going to post this again. I was expecting some bad losses soon (just not this week). I expect inconsistency. Calls for the coach as RIDICULOUS. That said, we should never stand for this disgusting behavior from one of our players. If he plays another game, THEN I will question the integrity of this club.

grow up......

Bad luck guys.

Cripps must be just about the best player going around at the moment, still amzes me that a bloke that big can play midfield so well.

It’s old news but his problem is more than ball drop, and if you can’t kick it properly with your natural action it can’t be fixed.

Your wright. And tbh it’s not going to change now. He is 30 and probably won’t get another game as of gov coming back. But gee goal kicking can deflate a side. Silvagni kicks that goal first up. Casboult kicks his easy one and it’s a different story in the first quarter. AFL and particularly with a young side confidence is massive.

What I did find amazing today was our lack of run and lack or dare. So many times we had a chance to give it off to a running team mate but chose to kick over the mark to a contest. That and the fact that we seemed to be outnumbered at every contest just gave me no confidence things would turn around.

The most disappointing thing from today was the supporters in my opinion. Not once did I hear any Carlton chants. Not once for the whole game did I hear anything of support. Young side needing a lift and we gave nothing. Yes I know it’s hard when you are getting beaten but gees. It’s like we only barrack when we are winning. I was truely amazed today seeing such a great Carlton crowd. I would have thought over 90% of a packed Etihad were blues fans. Yet norf supporters smashed us from the outset. People want to call out player, look in the mirror to.
It’s easy to support a side when winning anyone can do that. You’d be surprised to know how much it can help when your not.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just responding to Alphonse post re beginning of the end for Bolton. That's how the beginning of the end starts it get's worse and worse. God I hope we can turn it around quick.
I cringe at the thought of a mid year sacking but make no mistake Robert Walls has been put in place by the power brokers thirsty for blood after a 2 win season. Walls was chosen because he’s ruthless and if I were Bolton or any of his underlings I’d be sleeping with one eye open. If this continues there’ll be blood at years end at the latest.
If the board want to hit the ground running in the preseason then Bolton will be gone sooner so they have time to canvass the replacements.
Sos has delivered McGovern, Walsh, Setterfield, Newman and the club secured Russell. Expectations were to not be sitting 1-6.
He needs a miraculous turn around from here or it’s night night.

Your wright. And tbh it’s not going to change now. He is 30 and probably won’t get another game as of gov coming back. But gee goal kicking can deflate a side. Silvagni kicks that goal first up. Casboult kicks his easy one and it’s a different story in the first quarter. AFL and particularly with a young side confidence is massive.

What I did find amazing today was our lack of run and lack or dare. So many times we had a chance to give it off to a running team mate but chose to kick over the mark to a contest. That and the fact that we seemed to be outnumbered at every contest just gave me no confidence things would turn around.

The most disappointing thing from today was the supporters in my opinion. Not once did I hear any Carlton chants. Not once for the whole game did I hear anything of support. Young side needing a lift and we gave nothing. Yes I know it’s hard when you are getting beaten but gees. It’s like we only barrack when we are winning. I was truely amazed today seeing such a great Carlton crowd. I would have thought over 90% of a packed Etihad were blues fans. Yet norf supporters smashed us from the outset. People want to call out player, look in the mirror to.
It’s easy to support a side when winning anyone can do that. You’d be surprised to know how much it can help when your not.

I think the supporters were in shock that we revisited 2018

recall you blubbering into your milk a little while back about having to leave bigfooty because you got all upset at being picked on and always getting angry and how you had to leave because you couldn't take it anymore - and me and others got around you and supported you until you wiped your nose and spluttered you'd be ok - remember that? well I take it all back - you're a grown man - listen to you - do you actually read some of the dribble you write? please go away like you planned - cheers.......
Most around here know what a **** wit smart arse you are

And that explains the lack of intent or effort to run?

Well if we have seen intent and effort to run in past weeks, surely that would suggest that in our case it would be young players susceptible to inconsistency

But let's say that's not the case, then it would mean we would suffer from not being switched on in this game, just like more mature experienced sides when they have suffered a 10 goal spanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the supporters were in shock that we revisited 2018

Nope. I’ve seen it for decades. Even pre 95... You gotta give clubs like norf and st Kilda credit. Or at least the supporters. They turn up and they cheer... they cheer and get every ounce they can from their players. Nowadays we just think it’ll happen. It doesn’t just happen. We are called supporters because we are supposed to support the team. Otherwise let’s just be known as Carlton followers.

Etihad was packed with Carlton today. I was pumped. I hadn’t need it for ever. It was like being at pp. but there were no supporters there. Just people that follow Carlton...

Nobody can seriously defend this performance and have a go at doubters. I've been left fuming at the pathetic attempts.

Take that passage of play early in the third quarter when Zurhaar ran into the open goal. Nearly all of our players were behind the ball JOGGING in the same direction as North got in front with ease, protecting each other with the ball. Phillips, Weitering and Stocker, I'm looking at you! Where was the pressure there? They basically gave up and watched on like the crowd.

This looks to be a coaching problem. Some of the players had no heart and no interest to defend and force a turnover. No competitive side in their right mind would allow for that bit of play to happen.

That is how it starts re Ratts, asshouse etc.. they better turn it around next week against Collingwood.
To truly embrace the rebuild Simpson and Murphy must go, murphy for lack of on field leadership and Simmo for off field lack of leadership. When the Clique is dead and buried a new culture can evolve. Daisy can join them.

I cringe at the thought of a mid year sacking but make no mistake Robert Walls has been put in place by the power brokers thirsty for blood after a 2 win season. Walls was chosen because he’s ruthless and if I were Bolton or any of his underlings I’d be sleeping with one eye open. If this continues there’ll be blood at years end at the latest.
If the board want to hit the ground running in the preseason then Bolton will be gone sooner so they have time to canvass the replacements.
Sos has delivered McGovern, Walsh, Setterfield, Newman and the club secured Russell. Expectations were to not be sitting 1-6.
He needs a miraculous turn around from here or it’s night night.

Are you Robert Walls?

F U loser.
Most around here know what a **** wit smart arse you are
I’ve worn the navy Blue I have more rights than you, I’ve broken bones, I’ve bled and ive cried so i’ll vent and splutter any way I like on bigfooty or at the ground.
It was with some astonishment that Professor Elk turned to his young associate, "They're all like this! Thousands of them. The man was an utter brigand!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Back