RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry, i forgot 'being in the mix' and getting chosen were complete polar opposites :rolleyes:.

Hartlett and Fisher were 'in the mix' last week. That's just the coach's way of saying, "yes, they're in an extended squad of 29 players".

Wiggins was in our best 18 for the first few weeks of the season. Then his form tapered off badly. Now we hear he had an injury. Injury free, will he immediately be back to his best? If not, should we keep developing our depth and reward others competing for his spot?

Who is/was Bernice?

She's Duckman's sister-in-law.

sbernice.jpg

Had to look twice to see I had not read this wrong

I wish you had looked 3 or 4 times then.

How many more Bentley type situations do yo want to see this year

How many more Bentley type situations do I want?

Do you realise what you are actually asking is 'How many more times do I want to include players into our senior side who are in-form in the reserves'

Hmm, took me a whole 2 seconds to decide I'd include in-form players everyday of the week.

Including Bentley was not a mistake - I said it before and I'll say it again:

All that the MC can do is include in-form players. They cannot predict whether or not the players will be able to carry this form into the seniors, or whether they will in fact get stage fright.

If such a player does not carry their form into the seniors, yet the MC continues to include them, than this decision should be open to criticism. If however they drop them, it is very naive to say 'No more Bentley type situations'.

People need to get over a players surname, get over what has happened in the past, and simply concentrate on wanting to get our best 22 in-form players out there.

Grigg will be the only certain in, if fit

I very much doubt that - he will have to work his way back in the side like everyone else.

Greg Bentley has been on a hiding to nothing since he was rookie drafted.

A discard who was rewarded good form in the ants by senior selection. Collective cries on here, 'oh no, why him?'... Seemingly followed by jubilation when he was dropped after a less than spectacular performance against the reigning premiers, 'see I told you he was a poor selection'. As if certain people on here needed a divergence from scapegoating Russell and Johnson...:thumbsdown:

A tough gig... But he's played 1 game more wearing the Navy Blue jumper than most on here. Let's just hope if he gets another chance, he breaks through next time...

The other good part of the article is Robert Shirley got suspended in the SANFL last week. He normally does pretty well against Juddy. He was kept to 15 touches both times last year against Shirley. I see this as a bigger boost the Bock being out, but I'm happy both are out:thumbsu:

Quite sure Bernie Vince did a very good job tagging Juddy in at least one of our encounters last year (the first one, at the G)?

Then again, maybe I just remember it being 'that Adelaide player with a first name for a last name'...

Quite sure Bernie Vince did a very good job tagging Juddy in at least one of our encounters last year (the first one, at the G)?

Then again, maybe I just remember it being 'that Adelaide player with a first name for a last name'...

Bernie Vince and Taylor Walker balance each other out...two first names, two last names, no problem.

Bernie Vince and Taylor Walker balance each other out...two first names, two last names, no problem.

That may well be the case, but something still tells me that it was Vince who was very good at shutting Juddy down last year in round 6.

Not to worry, instead of taking comfort in Shirley's suspension, I will take it from the knowledge that the Chris Judd that played in round 6 of 2008 was not the Chris Judd of today who is nigh on impossible to shut down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That may well be the case, but something still tells me that it was Vince who was very good at shutting Juddy down last year in round 6.

Not to worry, instead of taking comfort in Shirley's suspension, I will take it from the knowledge that the Chris Judd that played in round 6 of 2009 was not the Chris Judd of today who is nigh on impossible to shut down.

That much improvement in 2 weeks, YossMan? Extraordinary.

ADELAIDE
B: Johncock, Rutten, Otten
HB: Doughty, Stevens, Symes
C: Knights, Goodwin, Mackay
HF: van Berlo, Moran, McLeod
F: Porplyzia, Walker, Douglas
R: Tippett, Edwards, Thompson
Int: Shirley, Vince, Maric, Dangerfield
Emerg: Reilly, Sellar, Petrenko

In: Maric, Shirley (subject to SANFL tribunal appeal)
Out: Reilly, Petrenko

CARLTON
B: Steven Browne Michael Jamison Bret Thornton
HB: Kade Simpson Jarrad Waite Paul Bower
C: Nick Stevens Chris Judd Heath Scotland
HF: Mitch Robinson Matthew Kreuzer Marc Murphy
F: Chris Yarran Brendan Fevola Eddie Betts
Foll: Shaun Hampson Richard Hadley Bryce Gibbs
Int: Dennis Armfield Mark Austin Aaron Joseph
Jordan Russell
Emg: Ryan Houlihan Setanta O’hAilpin Simon Wiggins

Remove this Banner Ad