RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

a big F U to all those that have suggested dropping FEV... What a complete joke... you drop Fev then what, who does Rutten go to... Waite?

I think a lot of those suggestions were more because people were confussed about whether or not he had an injury. (That was my reasoning for suggesting the change at least)

The reason I later changed my mind though is for the very point you made - he draws 2/3 defenders sometimes which frees up our other forwards, and if nothing else this is certainly a huge advantage.

Still, if he were injured this short-term postive would not outweigh any long-term negatives so it is a reasonable suggestion - I don't think anyone would want to drop him to punish bad form :confused:

Dont like the thought of being happy with someone missing because of injury, but this is fantastic news.... :thumbsu:

I think in Bock's case we should be allowed to make an special exception ...

I have got no time for men who abuse (allegedly) their girlfriends/wifes/spouses etc ..

IN: Fisher, Houlihan
OUT: Yarran, Browne

If you think those two suggestions requires a :eek:, thats fine - I disagree.

I have to disagree with this. You mention earlier about free rides...houlihan is gone for a reason and was nothing special in VFL 2 weeks ago. Fisher's deficiencies have been covered well enough on this board and wiggins is clearly ahead if anyone was swapped for yarran

No change for me. Enough talls with aussie down back, and yarran can have another go. if he goes out it certainly wont be for fish though

That article went on to say that Rob Shirley, who usually plays on Judd has been suspended, Jon Griffen didn't train at all, and Scott Thompson has been hampered with hamstring tightness.

All things being equal, we really should beat Adelaide on Saturday.

Carlton by 18 points.

That article went on to say that Rob Shirley, who usually plays on Judd has been suspended, Jon Griffen didn't train at all, and Scott Thompson has been hampered with hamstring tightness.

Carlton by 18 points.

Shirley currently at the SANFL tribunal appealing the decision.
Doubt he will get off, he spear tackled a bloke.

Tippett also went off early.

Carlton by 18 points.
No Bock is great news, he killed us last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

organised my ticket through my LD membership today. Cannot wait but god, I loathe Crows supporters. Can't remember the last time i went to Blues game against them and there wasn't any ummmm "unpleasantness"

Bring it

For starters, if you are going to highlight my post and include an embarrassed smile to suggest I don't know I'm talking about, at least reply to my reasoning behind each suggested change so we at least know you have some knowledge yourself.

Secondly, we faced a very depleted Collingwood side last week, so a 51 point margin does not necissarily mean changes should not be made.

Thirdly, if you want to single my post out, than at least check to see I havent given an updated opinion - that first post was posted straight after the game, but after time to think I later said in this thread I would make these changes:

IN: Fisher, Houlihan
OUT: Yarran, Browne

If you think those two suggestions requires a :eek:, thats fine - I disagree.

Ah good you've halved the number of players you want dropped ..well done !

Stevens played quite okay against the Pies ..why you want him dropped is beyond me...same with Fev ..even though he wasn't kicking goals he was working his arse off around the ground.

I would have no problems with Houlihan replacing yarran and Fisher Browne ..but to drop Fev and Stevens is just ludicrous.

Yarran & Browne: Both were reasonable contributors last week without being sensational. They'll both be part of our best team and we should let them settle into positions.

Thats what suitcase will be always, he will be a contributor week in week out.

He wont get the kudos for being flashy, for being the best on field every game, but you will find is that he will always go 100% at the ball, try to beat his man and will be a contributor not a passenger!!

thats why Browne should stay in the team!!!

just watched ratts' media conference on cfc-tv and he sounded pretty impressed with austin and said if he can keep it up waite can be sent forward.

also sounded pretty sure that wiggins would come back in after back soreness. he mentioned maybe 1 or 2 changes depending 'whether we want to play tall or running types'.

he noted hampson's forward line pressure and his atheleticism, no mention of browne though which leads me to suggest,
IN: chief
OUT: browne

The closer we get to this game the more apprehensive I am getting. Possible heavy track with a methodical team structure that might strangle us. We will so need to dictate the tempo and be in control.
You don't build character but reveal it

just watched ratts' media conference on cfc-tv and he sounded pretty impressed with austin and said if he can keep it up waite can be sent forward.

also sounded pretty sure that wiggins would come back in after back soreness. he mentioned maybe 1 or 2 changes depending 'whether we want to play tall or running types'.

he noted hampson's forward line pressure and his atheleticism, no mention of browne though which leads me to suggest,
IN: chief
OUT: browne

Ratts was asked "Is he in the mix?" in which he replied, 'Yes definitely'.
Doesn't mean anything like your implying

Sitting here in my shorts at the moment.
Expecting 23 on Saturday, so expect a fast track.

It is one ground that does get a flukey breeze (either way),
that can influence the game.
Oh Ok - just thought as we are getting rain now it would reach SA about the same time as game day.
Cloud increasing Saturday with rain Sunday so all super cool

Sitting here in my shorts at the moment.
Expecting 23 on Saturday, so expect a fast track.

It is one ground that does get a flukey breeze (either way),
that can influence the game.

Impressive leg ink, Numbers. Who is/was Bernice?

Remove this Banner Ad

RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back