Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont understand why people think we would have developed Gulden into anything near the player he is at Sydney?
Probably be playing back pocket SANFL right now.
Who have we had responsible for developing our mids in the last decade ?

Godden and Burns? Campo before that ?

How many CBA's will Sydney give Warner 22, Rowbottom 23, Gulden 21 today?
Gulden not much. Watch what they do when Parker and Adams return, probably throw Heeney to HFF even though he's been destroying it in the midfield.

Get the point, just don't rate Longmire's use of some extremely talented guys (Mills another when not injured).

Edit: Gulden numbers higher than I thought at 45% for the year. No one averaging over 70% for their mids, compare that to ours where it's just the same few guys - good to see Soligo get 53% last game and he looked great.

Toby Murray looked decent in our SANFL side as a ruck forward
Agree with this. Watched yesterday and looks like the perfect swingman / 2nd ruck.

With Gulden - need to shut down that talk- he is never in a million years moving to Adelaide.

Best we can honestly hope for is Hayward / Petty. We dont attract non-SA players (only exception arguably Betts). Any other talk is just a pure waste of time.

We are finishing bottom 2/4 (most likely bottom 2..we will win 3-6 games) so can hope I guess we get Draper. Welsh as a late 1st rounder.

Agree with this. Watched yesterday and looks like the perfect swingman / 2nd ruck.

With Gulden - need to shut down that talk- he is never in a million years moving to Adelaide.

Best we can honestly hope for is Hayward / Petty. We dont attract non-SA players (only exception arguably Betts). Any other talk is just a pure waste of time.

We are finishing bottom 2/4 (most likely bottom 2..we will win 3-6 games) so can hope I guess we get Draper. Welsh as a late 1st rounder.
Surely there are better mids than Draper .

Absolutely need to sack Hamish, but the real issue is how cheap we are in investing in coaching staff.

Carlton have ten full timers and Kreuzer as a ruck coach. All come from experienced backgrounds.

We have Nicks and Burns. Maybe van Berlo. Then a bunch of scrubs.
They’re part of the bunch of scrubs

Caleb Serong would have been handy about now…..
Fischer has gone fishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I’d offer in defence of Hamish - acknowledging he’s made way too many draft errors over the past decade - it doesn’t matter how many midfielders he drafts if we dont play them or develop them in those roles they have no chance to improve.

If we drafted Serong or my preference Flanders instead of McAsey they’d almost certainly be stuck on the HFF.

Last edited:
The 2 first round picks given for Bryce Gibbs in 2017 was another Reid master stroke. "final piece of the puzzle to push for a flag" :drunk: :$
That one doesn't bother me as much as it does other people.

When you're near a flag, then go for it.

Plus the second first rounder is arguably a swap for their second, which was only a downgrade of a few spots.

I mean - it didn't work. But the Gallucci and McAsey picks are worse, because pretty much everyone got a good player and improved instead of us.

That one doesn't bother me as much as it does other people.

When you're near a flag, then go for it.

Plus the second first rounder is arguably a swap for their second, which was only a downgrade of a few spots.

I mean - it didn't work. But the Gallucci and McAsey picks are worse, because pretty much everyone got a good player and improved instead of us.

I remember Galluci having a real break out game against Carlton back in the day and after that we completely ruined him. A real shame on many counts.

I've tended to lean towards the coaches being the problem and Hamish and Reid ha
The only thing I’d offer in defence of Hamish - acknowledging he’s made way too many draft errors over the past decade - it doesn’t matter how many midfielders he drafts if we dont play them or develop them in those roles they have no chance to improve.

If we drafted Serong or my preference Flanders instead of McAsey they’d almost certainly be stuck on the HFF.

I've been defending them for years, but their time is up. But it won't change if our entire list management committee isn't gone with them.

His hands were tied, Fagan told him he couldn't leave the room without him. Otherwise he'd have been able to walk away as he did the year prior.
It is totally unbelievable a non-football person like Fagan could have made that call. There has to be other contributing factors. Our coach on principal should have walked if he had no input into the pick. Gibbs was a good player at the time but not a champ and long in the tooth football wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Back