Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even with Burns, from the sounds of it we had to offer a very big deal to move down. When he was first announced he made the point that it was a long-term move for him and he didn't want to come down for just 2-3 years and then move again. He's from SA, but spent more of his life in Melbourne by that point, so certainly didn't consider himself and "Adeladian" or anything.

Supposedly we had a crack at Rutten and Dew, who both turned us down because we wouldn't promote them to senior assistant. So it's the same problem really, we've had chances to get more people in, but they all want a promotion to 2IC.

Port seem to have run into a similar issue lately, Chad Cornes as a forward coach, Carr as their midfield coach, Goldsack as defensive coach, Hartlett as their SANFL coach, Lobbe as their ruck coach.
Saw Burns on the tele last night.
He's definitely been hitting the buffets.

So using the (dumb) Stewie Dew argument, that has to be why he's a poor coach.

Athletes don't respect fatties

That still cracks me up.

Open tab on pizza. The key to all high level negotiations.

Get a pizza, make an offer. If sos says no, order another pizza. Up the offer. If he still says no, get the cheesy crust. I don’t care if you have to eat 40 pizzas, I want Bryce.

Such a slick operator was ol Fages.

That still cracks me up.

Get a pizza, make an offer. If sos says no, order another pizza. Up the offer. If he still says no, get the cheesy crust. I don’t care if you have to eat 40 pizzas, I want Bryce.

What if SOS wanted Chinese food?

They were set up for failure.

That still cracks me up.

The pineapple sealed the deal.
If we’d opened with pineapple we could have saved some money and picks.

Our drafting is a bigger issue than Nicks IMO

Look at our first round record, Gallucci and McAsey no other word than disaster selections.

Then there’s Milera, Fog and Pedlar who are not elite, and we are waiting to see what Thilthorpe, Rachelle and Curtin can deliver.

The AFC best 22 has no player that we could call a genuine superstar of the competition. The best team has them, and not just one however we got none.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That still cracks me up.

Where is the master negotiator these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our drafting is a bigger issue than Nicks IMO

Look at our first round record, Gallucci and McAsey no other word than disaster selections.

Then there’s Milera, Fog and Pedlar who are not elite, and we are waiting to see what Thilthorpe, Rachelle and Curtin can deliver.

The AFC best 22 has no player that we could call a genuine superstar of the competition. The best team has them, and not just one however we got none.

Yup. Nailed it again.

Totally nothing to do with development, definitely not. And development isn’t on Nicks either so it’s all good

💯

Yup. Nailed it again.

Totally nothing to do with development, definitely not. And development isn’t on Nicks either so it’s all good

💯
As a recruiter you be pretty pissed how your development team is making a poor record look even worse.

Rowey had his best performance on radio in a long, long time this morning, absolutely laid into the list management team’s record and gave a great drive-by to club apologist Mark Bickley

In terms of actual performances on field, Thomas has far exceeded what Jones has - just a shame about his inability to be a decent person off field.
Jones has zero ability to read the play.. he's a robot.
Multiple times last night he had opportunity to leave his man and go for the ball but was more concerned about covering grass.
He literally stood and watched a Dee's player pick the ball up and snap a goal.

Jones has zero ability to read the play.. he's a robot.
Multiple times last night he had opportunity to leave his man and go for the ball but was more concerned about covering grass.
He literally stood and watched a Dee's player pick the ball up and snap a goal.
He’s going to need to go to another club or us to sack Nicksy for me to believe he can play.
I don’t see it but we’ve really only seen him under nicks

Having the main ruckman be a guy with zero football skills just a guy with a tank is just incredibly poor then to give that player a 5 year deal? Bloody madness
Not having a back up ruckman who is younger also seems a glaring issue.

Yup. Nailed it again.

never said that development wasn’t an issue….. I agree is an issue

but we can’t argue that we have had some shockers with the McAsey and Gallucci selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Back