Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really care who wins, but leaning slightly towards WB with the WA boys and lack of Clayton Oliver.

They way port ****ed is funny but losing teo prelims in games where they shouldn’t have lost is shocking. Would have probably lost to the tigers last year but would have been a genuine chance for them this year against the Dee’s

Channel seven telling me Bailey Smith has "ice in his veins"

Can't say I'm shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Melbourne win due to their irrelevancy in the competition. Also the AFL gifted the Dogs their win in 2016 so i wouldnt mind if the same happened for the Dees just for the schadenfreude of it all.

Hoping Melbourne win due to their irrelevancy in the competition. Also the AFL gifted the Dogs their win in 2016 so i wouldnt mind if the same happened for the Dees just for the schadenfreude of it all.
Like the cats/dees prelim, i have no preference for the winner.

Gut feel says the dogs do it, theyve been ****ed over hardcore with all the quarantine and this has galvanised them. (If that was us we would have gone to water)

I just hope its a thrilling contest and not over by quarter time like the prelims.

Three ways of cheating asa club in a comp wit a draft and salary cap.

1. PED - Bombers were eventually smashed by the corrupt AFL
  2. Salary cap cheating- Blues were shashed by the AFL and in part due to their own issues havent recovered.
  3. Tanking to cheat the draft - Melbourne were fined $0.5M for not tanking by a couurpt AFL who turned a blind eyer to a povo Vic club. Then the AFL paid the fine as the club was broke.

Contrast this to the Eagles having to show cause because Cuz was on recreational drugs. The dogs won on the field not off it.

I think not for melbourne.

AFL didn't punish the Bombers for their doping.

They cleared them at their internal tribunal, WADA were the ones who banned them.

AFLs only sanctions against the Bombers was for governance issues (not keeping records of what was being injected). They never gave them any penalties for doping.

AFL didn't punish the Bombers for their doping.

They cleared them at their internal tribunal, WADA were the ones who banned them.

AFLs only sanctions against the Bombers was for governance issues (not keeping records of what was being injected). They never gave them any penalties for doping.
eventually and corrupy AFL are the key words.

Last edited:
Zorko with his fifth B&F shows that you need to be a little careful when using this metric as the measure of a player.

I'm not sure the first four he won with the Lions winning no more than 5 games in either of the seasons count for a whole lot.

(Not disputing that he is a mighty fine player in his own right)

Just watching On The Couch and Gerard Healy thinks feigning a handball should be play on. Bloke's lost his marbles. If you're dumb enough to move off the mark before the umpire plays on, that's on you, not the player with the ball. It ground my gears every time Jack Darling was called to play on because he feigned a handball without moving off his line.

Just watching On The Couch and Gerard Healy thinks feigning a handball should be play on. Bloke's lost his marbles. If you're dumb enough to move off the mark before the umpire plays on, that's on you, not the player with the ball. It ground my gears every time Jack Darling was called to play on because he feigned a handball without moving off his line.
I imagine his point is that if you’re now penalising players 50m for taking a step sideways on the mark they should be quicker on play on calls, including fake handballs. Don’t disagree as long as the stand rule applies

I imagine his point is that if you’re now penalising players 50m for taking a step sideways on the mark they should be quicker on play on calls, including fake handballs. Don’t disagree as long as the stand rule applies
But how is faking a handball 'playing on'? You haven't moved off your line and haven't disposed of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back