Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS were last years runners-up. Thought maybe that would recruit some more fans. Anyway checked out their match day thread against us and theres only 3 pages...

I dont think the AFL HQ realise how much shit theyre gonna have to push up hill to keep that club going.

Just tuned into the Roos/Crows game. Lord, Adelaide are cooked.
I reckon Nicks is in serious danger of not seeing the season out, the Crows are ridiculously bad even taking into account some injuries, looks like they chucked the towel in half way through the first qtr in this one. The Roos are pretty bad as well so things could change but not looking like it at the moment.
I honestly believed this was their best chance of getting a win this season.

If they lose this it is hard to see where their next win comes from.
Nicks has the worst list to work with by a mile, he is doing well if they are competitive every week.
Crows have a culturally destroyed club which has been gutted for talent. You can't judge the coach for at least 2 seasons considering the club's current dismal state.
Fair call.
Quality of oppo makes ours look better though. I wish we got the Crows when they'd properly given up and we had some form. They might reset some records for losses the way they're going
Trust the Crows to make Norf look like a threatening side

The crows have either been bad, unlucky or both....

yes they are 0-13 but could of easily got 2-4 wins in the 1st 10 games.

-Lost to the swans narrowly in the opening round.
-Lost to freo by 20 points when at 3 quarter time were down by a point and could of overran freo in the final quarter.
-Lost to the saints when they were down by 16 at 3 quarter time.
-Lost to the bombers by under a goal where they kicked 1 goal and 6 behinds in the final quarter.

Every loss hurts more and Damages the playing squad psychologically.

Had the crows been 2-8 or or even 1-9, they would have some confidence to win other games.

Both crows and freo were 0-4 at round 4 but Freo went into as favourites due to being more competitive in the 1st 4 rounds.

the difference between the crows and the other sides such as the swans, suns, roos, freo and hawks is 3-5 wins and percentage. Those teams on those 3-5 wins have found a way to grind out a narrow win or 2. The crows have not.

Quick perusal of the Freo board to see their melts over yet another glorious and emphatic West Coast win. Crazy how lucky we are, just seems the more time passes the luckier we get and the stiffer it is for Freo. Remarkable 30 years of luck we've had, and you almost couldn't believe a team could be so painfully unlucky so many times in a row - might be another explanation?

Anyway, they've got a dedicated Dean Margetts thread as you'd assume. On top of the usual "he was Dean Cox's best man" theory, they're now rolling with "his sister is employed by WCE" and "his wife is on the WCE board".

I used to not believe in the World Order but if one umpire can have so much influence, then there's no telling how far up this goes.
Didnt you say you dont care what happens to the dockers as long as the Dockers bigfooty board exists?

You dont care if the Dockers folded or died off as long as the Freo Bigfooty board is still active so you can see them blame their problems on eveyone else?

Didnt you say you dont care what happens to the dockers as long as the Dockers bigfooty board exists?

You dont care if the Dockers folded or died off as long as the Freo Bigfooty board is still active so you can see them blame their problems on eveyone else?

My friend, our clubs have played seven games since this post. Seven.

You’ve been warned that many times about bumping old posts and adding nothing to the discussion. Your leash has been longer than a ”who’s fault is it that we’ve been irrelevant for 25 years” thread on the Freo board.

I’ve given you last warning after last warning, you haven’t modified your behaviour at all.

Consider yourself thread-banned, and to be honest with how close your account is to deletion you should be happy it’s not more. Please consider the advice that has been repeatedly given to you before you bump old posts on opposition boards in future. This is beyond lenient, please act accordingly.

Last edited:
They also dumped two assistant coaches, what a rabble

On the contrary, it sounds more like a coach who has made an assessment of what is around him and is now clearing out those who are not performing.

In a usual year no doubt the club would have waited until the post-season, but with COVID and uncertainties about the soft cap it works out better for all parties to get it over with now.

Saddens me to say it, but I think Fremantle may have a good one in Longmuir.

On the contrary, it sounds more like a coach who has made an assessment of what is around him and is now clearing out those who are not performing.

In a usual year no doubt the club would have waited until the post-season, but with COVID and uncertainties about the soft cap it works out better for all parties to get it over with now.

Saddens me to say it, but I think Fremantle may have a good one in Longmuir.

Law of averages says it had to happen at some stage.

Don’t worry, I’m sure once they realise that Chris Scott is still available they’ll get back to their standard MO and knife JayLo.

Funny as the whole Dardy thing is, he's a bit of a sh*t bloke. Mental and health problems aside.

What sort of guy walks out on his team before the season is finished, right before they hit a compressed fixture and the team has to lean on it's depth.

I mean don't get me wrong he was going to get delisted regardless i'm sure, but it's still poor from him. At least see out your season, you owe it to them.

"Nah i'd rather go play for the top WAFL side South Fremantle instead..." Righto.

On a lighter note, it's just another chapter in the long list of hilarious stories that come from the Cockburn Chronicles.

Meanwhile Hogan, who seemingly can't get a game due to guns like Taberner and Lobb keeping him out, is now pretending to be a backline player. Unfortunately with gun defenders like Cox, Duman and Ethan Hughes once again keeping him out of their team :straining:

I've read this book before. How about they save everyone the hassle of Hogan on their list for the next 2 years and just delist him now. They've wrecked him.

Poor bloke should've come to West Coast.

Meanwhile the Hamling and his manager vs the Medico's thing is festering in the background. That could blow over or get really messy, really quick.

The Cockburn Chronicles. I like it. Not unlike the X Files.

That's the way I see it as well. They've finally woken up and are getting serious.

Well no wonder their players quit and walk when their coaches do to.
They got sacked, didn't walk out. Longmuir and Bell cleaning out the coaching staff so we can bring in a better medical team, and some good assistants with Worsfold, Todd Curley and Solomon.

Bell is the driver in there. Took him a while to get Lyon out the door but the wheels of change are turning with increasing speed at Cockburn.

A strong Freo is generally good for us anyway. The more non-WA top 4/8 contenders they can roll at Optus the better.

I tend to agree with this.

Plus, I don't think supporters deserve to be devoid of all hope (outside of the occasional vic club).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic media calling tom lynches 'straight to the tribunal' ruling a joke. Will prob get off.
IANAL, but it seems like it is beneficial to Lynch to have it go straight to the tribunal rather than get an MRO suspension and have to challenge it. The former is more of an open case with no existing judgement, whereas the latter you are effectively guilty until proven innocent (which we know from bitter experience is very difficult).

My friend, our clubs have played seven games since this post. Seven.

You’ve been warned that many times about bumping old posts and adding nothing to the discussion. Your leash has been longer than a ”who’s fault is it that we’ve been irrelevant for 25 years” thread on the Freo board.

I’ve given you last warning after last warning, you haven’t modified your behaviour at all.

Consider yourself thread-banned, and to be honest with how close your account is to deletion you should be happy it’s not more. Please consider the advice that has been repeatedly given to you before you bump old posts on opposition boards in future. This is beyond lenient, please act accordingly.

1598247710899.png

fetchimage

Daniel Cherny
@DanielCherny

·
1m

Gleeson claims vision clearly shows Lynch's knuckles making contact with Hurley's neck and chin. Lynch says he disagrees. Gleeson says a punch was thrown, Lynch disagrees.

The old say the opposite trick.

Wait until the "takes one to know one" defence gets wheeled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back